Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
We love you whyteryce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

kingcobweb posted:

“In Denver,” which he hasn’t done since 2019

i wouldn't either. drat thin air

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Whyteryce screaming that it's the best day of his life as he leaves with Sacramento playoff spot clinched, game-used Chimezie Metu kleenex.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rick posted:

A game I watched recently, on the local Kings halftime or post game show but they said something about how the person booing the most last year has a different tune now. Which was probably a shot at you now that I think of it.

I met Morgan after the game and we hugged and made up

She actually recognized me as soon as I went up to her

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
whyteryce is the most important person in sacramento behind the old lady who murdered and buried a bunch of people in her yard for their social security checks 40 years ago

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

aBagorn posted:

i wouldn't either. drat thin air

Joe L.M. Bied is a hero for sitting out of hostile working conditions.

WhyteRyce posted:

:3:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

I love you lmao

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Looking forward to watching the King's championship parade and seeing Whyteryce wearing The Beam's power cord as a belt. Go Kings.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Tae posted:

Harden.txt from Rockets fans the past decade

I gladly accept that

Ammanas posted:

yeah thats cool but he plays in the west lol

also if the kings were actually good they wouldn't need clutch stats

Ah yea it is a shame that the Kings are “stuck” with the 3rd seed. Really awful spot to be in. Also unfortunate to have a slightly better road record than home. Super poor luck to not get to be able to play an East coast team until the Finals also

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

WhyteRyce being maybe not a "famous" fan but definitely a notorious one is my favorite bit of thread lore

This really captures it well.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If the Kings win a title I expect to see pictures of the banner hanging in WhyteRyce's home within a month.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Ammanas posted:

whyteryce is the most important person in sacramento behind the old lady who murdered and buried a bunch of people in her yard for their social security checks 40 years ago

puente died many years ago lol

#1 is now the leatherby family whose ice cream parlor fortune goes to fund anti-lgbtq and anti-abortion poo poo

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Tell me true, if You're the Wizarrrrrds

Do you give K̴̨͓͔̤̮̗̦͔͛̌͌r̶̨̧̰̞̖̟̻͖̣͓͋i̷͔̳͍̳̯̐͐̀̆̕ͅs̶͓̥̓͊͐̑͊͂͛̾͘͜͝t̴̡͎͚͍̅̃͆̈́̆͛̓͛͘͠á̴̧̧̠̟̱̩͖̩̓̊̄͑p̴͖̬̺̫̹̞͋ͅs̴̤̟̰͙͓̟̜̉̀̐̄̆̉̚͝ ̵̛̛̛̪͈͙͉̈͗̑̍͘P̷̭̰̥̼̄͜o̸̠̫͍̘̟̺̙͌r̶̘̗͓̟̝̹̰͇̼̱̂͋͊z̴̧̻̤̣͐į̸̪͚͖̙̼͊̍͌ņ̵̧̡̤̼̖̮͎̣͇̋̃̐ģ̷̡̦̬̭͓̞̝̈̇̆̔́̚į̷̬̜͛̄͐̊̎̽̀̋̅s̷̡͚̙̟͚̺̱̻̮̥̀͌͆̈͋̃̊̓̓ the max or do you say goodbye?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Do you give K̴̨͓͔̤̮̗̦͔͛̌͌r̶̨̧̰̞̖̟̻͖̣͓͋i̷͔̳͍̳̯̐͐̀̆̕ͅs̶͓̥̓͊͐̑͊͂͛̾͘͜͝t̴̡͎͚͍̅̃͆̈́̆͛̓͛͘͠á̴̧̧̠̟̱̩͖̩̓̊̄͑p̴͖̬̺̫̹̞͋ͅs̴̤̟̰͙͓̟̜̉̀̐̄̆̉̚͝ ̵̛̛̛̪͈͙͉̈͗̑̍͘P̷̭̰̥̼̄͜o̸̠̫͍̘̟̺̙͌r̶̘̗͓̟̝̹̰͇̼̱̂͋͊z̴̧̻̤̣͐į̸̪͚͖̙̼͊̍͌ņ̵̧̡̤̼̖̮͎̣͇̋̃̐ģ̷̡̦̬̭͓̞̝̈̇̆̔́̚į̷̬̜͛̄͐̊̎̽̀̋̅s̷̡͚̙̟͚̺̱̻̮̥̀͌͆̈͋̃̊̓̓ the max or do you say goodbye?

Who'd offer him a max in FA? Most teams with space are either rebuilding or have their own unicorn project. You got Beal until probably 26-27 (if he takes his option, which I imagine he would), so I'd probably try to play hardball with Zing on taking a small paycut (max is 4/180, I'd probably try to get him at like, I dunno, 140-160 over 4 years?) Line it up with Beal and/or maybe make the last year non-guaranteed (you'd probably have to get closer to the max for a non-guaranteed final year). I think the Wizards are trying to reload around Beal and if you like Zing walk then I'm not sure what you're doing.

It's probably a "We try to make the play-in twice in the next 4 years" kind of plan that you'd never do if you were simming a 2K franchise but in reality its probably what you need to swallow if you can't stomach a full tear down.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

Who'd offer him a max in FA? Most teams with space are either rebuilding or have their own unicorn project. You got Beal until probably 26-27 (if he takes his option, which I imagine he would), so I'd probably try to play hardball with Zing on taking a small paycut (max is 4/180, I'd probably try to get him at like, I dunno, 140-160 over 4 years?) Line it up with Beal and/or maybe make the last year non-guaranteed (you'd probably have to get closer to the max for a non-guaranteed final year). I think the Wizards are trying to reload around Beal and if you like Zing walk then I'm not sure what you're doing.

It's probably a "We try to make the play-in twice in the next 4 years" kind of plan that you'd never do if you were simming a 2K franchise but in reality its probably what you need to swallow if you can't stomach a full tear down.

Well the rummououur is that the wizards are but who knows

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

I trade every dude on the team over 23

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Tayter Swift posted:

puente died many years ago lol

#1 is now the leatherby family whose ice cream parlor fortune goes to fund anti-lgbtq and anti-abortion poo poo

their ice cream/food isnt even that good, value much higher at handels

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
whos man is this?

https://twitter.com/Steelo1X/status/1641278291939328001

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

I don't trust them to not do something stupider as a replacement for him if they let him go, and keeping Beal already means they're not going full-tank, so sure run it back

November and January were good, that's better than we've gotten all but once since 2017-18. If they can manage two more wins they even have their highest winning season since then too!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

Well the rummououur is that the wizards are but who knows

I mean, they maybe don't have to because I still think they can give him the best deal.

Maybe, the Spurs or Houston or someone could throw a desperation offer out.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

I think this might be the first time I ever loaded up the Wizards in the ShamSports capulator. Basically, they can re-sign him to the max and if they can get Kuzma for around ~20 m they can still dodge the luxury tax and fill a roster out but would have to let Monte go.

https://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=20644439616425d2eb229a7826026889?id=13848559106425d3766b84a082191696

Now should they do this? Well, he's their winshare leader but of course winshare is a pretty flawed stat as some of us know. Drilling down into their lineups, well drat poo poo is all over the place. You could make almost any argument you wanted from this data (including that Kuzma and Monte Morris are more valuable to the team than either Beal or Porzingis, my fave), probably due to all the injuries the Wizards have causing them to play a million different lineups and their best offensive player only plays one game a week in (worker's hero) Brad Beal.

So I guess unfortunately it goes to personal preference.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

He's doing the celebration wrong and looks stupid doing it and they lost. Lol

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Rick posted:

I think this might be the first time I ever loaded up the Wizards in the ShamSports capulator. Basically, they can re-sign him to the max and if they can get Kuzma for around ~20 m they can still dodge the luxury tax and fill a roster out but would have to let Monte go.

https://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=20644439616425d2eb229a7826026889?id=13848559106425d3766b84a082191696

Now should they do this? Well, he's their winshare leader but of course winshare is a pretty flawed stat as some of us know. Drilling down into their lineups, well drat poo poo is all over the place. You could make almost any argument you wanted from this data (including that Kuzma and Monte Morris are more valuable to the team than either Beal or Porzingis, my fave), probably due to all the injuries the Wizards have causing them to play a million different lineups and their best offensive player only plays one game a week in (worker's hero) Brad Beal.

So I guess unfortunately it goes to personal preference.

Zing has been good for the Wizards, but they are 11th place team so do you tie yourself up keeping the core pieces of an 11th place team together? But like you said they've had injuries so they are probably a tier or two above this if they were healthy. Do you sign Zing to a long contract if you want to be healthy?

No GM is going to want to bottom out because you'll get fired and never see an NBA team ever again. So if the owner isn't totally committed to a complete tear down I think trying to keep things going is the only other way. I'd really try hard to keep Monte Morris though, thats why I think you push to maybe get Porzingis for a bit under the max.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I think you guys coverd the bases

It looks like we are going to have no idea what half playoff seeds will be til like 2 games left

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I'm late but congrats to the Kings fans they deserve hoops happiness (my younger brother went to Davis and is one of you weirdos)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mathurin still rules. He gets to the rim, creates shots, and draws fouls. He started to struggle with outside shooting and that hurt him. But the Pacers are much better with him and so long as he keeps developing he's gonna be real good.

He only fell off because he got hurt.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That one viral reddit post about the Kings only doing good when there's a King IRL is still on pace to happen

quote:

The Sacramento Kings began play in the National Basketball League in the post-WWII 1945-46 season as the Rochester Royals. The beginning period for the franchise is the most successful in its history, as the team won the NBL title in their first season as a member of the league. They went to the NBL Finals two more times before the league merged with the BAA to become the NBA for the 1949-50 season. The Royals continued having success, winning their second title in 1951, defeating the rival New York Knicks 4-3. The Royals began the 1951-52 season strong, sprinting out to a 28-16 record (.636) and looking like worthy title holders with a chance to repeat. Life was good.

And then, King George VI died. Queen Elizabeth took the throne of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland on February 6, 1952.

The franchise was never the same. The Royals slowed a bit down the stretch in 1952, going 13-9 (.590) and falling to the eventual champ Minneapolis Lakers in 4 games in the conference finals. After having made the NBL/NBA Finals 4 out of 6 years while King George reigned, the Royals would never make it back under the eye of Queen Elizabeth. The Royals, recognizing this, began to move westward to try to escape the queen’s influence. They played 5 more seasons in Rochester, making it back to the conference finals once, but never the NBA Finals. The team moved further inland, to Cincinnati, where they spent 15 years never tasting the Finals again. 13 further years in Kansas City and Omaha produced no further luck, even as the team renamed themselves the Kings to recall their glory days under King George and to spurn Queen Elizabeth. Finally, the team bit the bullet and moved almost as far west as they could, to Sacramento, but even that could not pry them from her clutches. For 70 seasons, her power had kept the team in the lower reaches of the NBA.

Monarch Wins Losses Winning Pct
King George VI 264 114 .698
Queen Elizabeth II 2489 3112 .444

The team had made 6 conference finals in 6 seasons under King George, and 6 conference finals in 70 seasons under Queen Elizabeth. Their only titles and only Finals appearances remained under him.

And then, this morning, she finally passed away. King Charles III rose to the throne.

What does this mean for the Kings? Clearly, now that there is once again a King ruling over Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Kings have been freed from Queen Elizabeth and will rise to reclaim their spot at the top of the NBA. The team will be restored to its former glory as British citizens sing “God Save the Kings” and Kinggan Murray wins MVP, Finals MVP, Rookie of the Year, and the scoring title in the same season. The only advice I can offer: prepare yourselves.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
At this point, my hope is Dallas can finish the season without any injuries, somehow keep their pick, and I can freely root for the Kings/Thunder in the playoffs.

I expect only one of these things to occur.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Also just want to say I am excited for the Kings and the first Victory Beam was that guy puking courtside next to Luke Walton.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

I enjoyed this photo from Patrick Redford's post about the Kings on The Defector. It feels like a spiritual successor.

https://twitter.com/redford/status/1641293007201910794

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Let's see the Kings in the Finals vs the Knicks. I am asking, believing, and receiving.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

WhyteRyce posted:

I am proud of you for mending fences, and I take back my earlier chastisement

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

Got interviewed on TV last night where I said “this is the best feeling I’ve ever had and I have two kids this is the best feeling I’ve ever had”

They understand

OMG, I saw this interview on YouTube

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Wait, I heard they are like 7-13 since the trade. How are they that far below .500 with a significantly positive net rating?

Because neither player is playing the entire game. Luka has played 60% of the possible minutes this year. Kyrie ~55%.

The only player in NBA/ABA history whose individual NRtg would perfectly match up with the team would be 1960s Wilt especially 1962 Wilt. 48 minutes of intensity every single night. Now MVP candidates are hovering around 30 MPG. :sad:

Stevie Lee posted:

congratulations to whichever team gets this guy
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1640817020215205895

The best of Kevin Durant, Giannis and Rudy Gobert all in one player. I've said it before but he barely expends any energy doing all that stuff.

Watching him on the Bulls next season will be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDKg-VEBlAc

Lockback posted:

Taking the suspension isn't a great move though because your still get suspended every 2 techs, right?

In any case I don't understand why they have that rule if they're just going to play these stupid games with it.

To allow for flexibility. Punish guys at the right moment or rescind them to tip the scales in certain ways.

Just like the Gamemakers do in The Hunger Games quadrilogy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

big boi posted:

This is what you're mad about people not knowing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oftolPu9qp4

gonna cry?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

nikosoft posted:

Let's see the Kings in the Finals vs the Knicks. I am asking, believing, and receiving.

Finally, the How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days finals are on the table

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Dick Boss posted:

It's today's NBA, do you take prime Shaq or current Joker?

In their first eight seasons their WS total is virtually identical:

Shaq: 94.1 WS
Jokic: 94.7 WS

Fast Luck posted:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1640755534583197696

Ben's making $38m next season and $40m in 2024-2025. I wonder how many games he plays over those two seasons.

Zero is a possibility.

Veryslightlymad posted:

I haven't forced myself to watch many Laker games, though, so I dunno how accurate that is, and I can't remember offhand where to look to see opponents' 3pt attempts against. I suspect it will be quite high.

They're #5 in opponent 3PAs right now:

code:
Team			3PA
Houston Rockets		2996
New York Knicks		2826
Chicago Bulls		2800
Orlando Magic		2792
Los Angeles Lakers	2778

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012