Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The one major reservation I have about CJ Stroud is that he looked so good in throwing drills at the combine it gave me major Kyle Boller flashbacks.

Hmm, very interesting analysis about QB arm strength. Must not bode well for Trump!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

oh, and the gwyneth verdict is in

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1641571531028598784

well gently caress

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There was a defector writeup on the trial and I was like, oh okay, the other dude might actually be worse and probably has no case here.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

swickles posted:

Hoping tonight is a fun twitter night.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I am out of the loop because I didn’t even realize there was a gwyneth Paltrow trial even going on!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I also did not know about this court event

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

update

https://twitter.com/Chinchillazllla/status/1641574030162403329

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

I am out of the loop because I didn’t even realize there was a gwyneth Paltrow trial even going on!

i sorta heard about it, now is a great time for some news dumps

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

She got sued by some 75 year old optomitrist she skied into at some resort, claiming he gave her brain injuries and multiple personalities. Her lawyers dug up that he had a series of strokes and diagnosed brain problems for years.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Braksgirl posted:

Hey quick question, do your employers make you keep a balance of 40 hours of leave banked before they approve any leave beyond that except for emergencies? My work just told us today that’s going to be the policy after May 1. SB says it’s pretty common but I’ve never heard of holding your earned leave hostage before.

No, the most common for me has been starting to accrue January 1 with minimal carryover. You can go negative with the understanding that would be deducted from your final paycheck if you quit or got fired.

We did a week vacation in the first week of January one year, and I was negative on PTO until October, but it all evened out by year end.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I only heard about it on Sunday and could not give a poo poo tbh. Rich people having dumb arguments about dumb stuff.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

Hey quick question, do your employers make you keep a balance of 40 hours of leave banked before they approve any leave beyond that except for emergencies? My work just told us today that’s going to be the policy after May 1. SB says it’s pretty common but I’ve never heard of holding your earned leave hostage before.

I have heard of a new job where you don't get to take more paid leave than your accumulated vacation until you've been there for x amount of time, where x might be six months or something. Just the basic idea is you don't show up at a job, get into the negatives on your paid leave, and then quit and you essentially got extra money. But it's one of those things that probably happened to one company once and then they wildly overreacted by implementing a policy and then that HR person went to another company and insisted on having the same policy and it just gets around or something.

Also it's stupid for a company to make you keep banked vacation hours because those go on the books as a liability and if you carry them over to the next year it'll be on their annual report. My company eliminated accumulated vacation time and went with a "just take whatever" policy because this wiped millions of dollars of accumulated vacation off the books, and also, studies show that people actually take less vacation under this type of system than if they track vacation hours the normal way.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
We're about to get a ton of new expert criminal attorneys on the internet.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Also it's stupid for a company to make you keep banked vacation hours because those go on the books as a liability and if you carry them over to the next year it'll be on their annual report.

Yeah this. The big med device PTO shakeup I've mentioned before (November 2020 announcing policy change from allowing carryover of your full max balance to zero carryover Dec 2021 -> Jan 2022) was because a ton of long-timers were carrying their full balance every year and some MBA decided changing it would affect the balance sheet enough to get their bonus that year.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Gwynyth Paltrow rules

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Let me tell you what

you missed out big time. It was unbelievably hilarious

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
My wife has slowly realized after 7 yrs of marriage that I play the same 15-20 Bollywood songs over and over for all my music needs. Workouts, mowing the lawn, background music while working, same trusty playlist. In perpetuity until I die.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Pron on VHS posted:

My wife has slowly realized after 7 yrs of marriage that I play the same 15-20 Bollywood songs over and over for all my music needs. Workouts, mowing the lawn, background music while working, same trusty playlist. In perpetuity until I die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsOsRVLQznU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
If you aren’t listening to your ancestral tunes while throwing around weights you are leaving gains on the table

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Pron on VHS posted:

If you aren’t listening to your ancestral tunes while throwing around weights you are leaving gains on the table

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPIVczZGm74
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm034cWvZDI

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
*insert Cheeranjeevi creepy animal mask song here*

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I’m serious

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kalli posted:

She got sued by some 75 year old optomitrist she skied into at some resort, claiming he gave her brain injuries and multiple personalities. Her lawyers dug up that he had a series of strokes and diagnosed brain problems for years.

He actually skied into her, right into her rear end then sued her for skiing into him.

The whiteboard was an instant classic, the frowny and smiley faces are amazing.

listen to this guy drop his Truth Bomb I was dying

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqZQrhNJLDT/

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I HAVE BEEN INDICATED

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Leperflesh posted:

I have heard of a new job where you don't get to take more paid leave than your accumulated vacation until you've been there for x amount of time, where x might be six months or something.

That's how it was when I worked for a SaaS company from 2012-2015. You got one day of PTO for every month you worked there, but you couldn't use any PTO until you had been there for six months. And you couldn't bank more than 15 days.

I got a special dispensation for PTO because I had just moved to Baltimore from Madison in October 2012--literally the day Sandy smacked the east coast--to travel back to Madison to be with family for Christmas and New Year's.

Edit: Also, hey, Intruder, did you try that cast-iron cornbread recipe I gave you?

Timby fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 31, 2023

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
https://twitter.com/SAMGREIS/status/1641588032246808576

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

It keeps showing up in my BBC News app feed and I never bought myself to open any articles

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

:rubby:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqYsYbtpFG-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Pron on VHS posted:

But I don’t want to listen to only K Pop :(

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Put on the Korean music your parents listened to

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Pron on VHS posted:

Put on the Korean music your parents listened to

I listened to enough Ronnie Milsap as a kid, I don’t need to listen to any more.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Braksgirl posted:

Nope, this is unusual. You have vacation but can’t use it? That’s not really vacation then. Also, I think they’d be required to have cash on hand to pay out vacation balances, so they’re required to hold more money because of this policy. I think.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

music your parents listened to

Oddly proud of my parents thinking about following this rule. Way too much gospel involved for me but there's some really good old jazz and early rock, and outlaw country which is the only country I can stomach, and some surprisingly sort of half-assed recent things to my thinking (recent for them at least). They made it up their 60s before they stopped seeking out new stuff as far as I can tell, which is a pretty decent run.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I listened to enough Ronnie Milsap as a kid, I don’t need to listen to any more.

This is me, but Neil Diamond.

God, so many 8-hour road trips from Chicago to my grandparents' place in the UP with Neil Diamond, Randy Travis and Garth Brooks on endless repeat.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Grittybeard posted:

Oddly proud of my parents thinking about following this rule. Way too much gospel involved for me but there's some really good old jazz and early rock, and outlaw country which is the only country I can stomach, and some surprisingly sort of half-assed recent things to my thinking (recent for them at least). They made it up their 60s before they stopped seeking out new stuff as far as I can tell, which is a pretty decent run.

Post some of the outlaw country when you a chance, my friend Gritty

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/JimRosicaFL/status/1641584476164706304

lol DeSantis is using the indictment as a distraction to make it so he doesn't have to leave the governor's office to run for president

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Trump indictment is some bread and circuses poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DeSantis vowed not to cooperate with extraditing Trump from Florida and Trump couldn't let him have even that political win and said he'll turn himself in next week