Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

absolutely anything posted:

[arf voice] Sounds like they added some exciting new mechanics to an already great game. But I won’t be watching.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

elf help book posted:

try it, learn the hard way

Fungah! posted:

hosed around

found out

lmao

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

I CANT RESIST SHITTING UP THE BIG BOOBS THREAD WITH MY RANDOM FUCKING MONKEY CHEESE BULLSHIT! IF YOU SEE ME, FUCK ME UP.
to celebrate the eshop going down I homebrewed my 3ds and after seeing all the games at my disposal, I think it's important to recognize nintendo once again for this feast :cheers: if aliens visit earth in 10,000 years and only find a 3ds they'll know how advanced and rational our society was

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

god help us if they find a Vita

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
bunch of devolved humans picking up an original gameboy in the ruins of new new york turning it on and hooting and hollering like the animals they are at the start up jingle

----------------

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

Childhood's End

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the 3DS was an absolutely goated system. if you had to pick only one system to take with you to a deserted island, that should be the one

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

a lot of my favourites seemed to have a rough time going from the 3ds to the Switch, I'm looking at you Story of Seasons/Rune Factory

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i think the 3ds was still in that zone for japanese developers where they could afford to have shorter and less expensive dev cycles per title

there's ten million etrian odyssey titles for the 3ds and one overpriced collection coming for switch

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

id take the switch because playing on a 3ds now causes both my thumbs to instantly start painfully dying.

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

I CANT RESIST SHITTING UP THE BIG BOOBS THREAD WITH MY RANDOM FUCKING MONKEY CHEESE BULLSHIT! IF YOU SEE ME, FUCK ME UP.

b_d posted:

id take the switch because playing on a 3ds now causes both my thumbs to instantly start painfully dying.

I noticed this a bit when I picked it up but am chalking it up to unused gamer muscles which will hopefully go away :pray: hence using pkmn platinum + mario rpg as a "warmup"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

I had to get a grip for my 2DSXL because of this

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I have largeish hands yet I still find the 3DS more comfortable than the Switch. Switch is too big for me to consider portable and I will never like joycons. I love my N2DSXL very very much.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

maybe the n2dsxl is easier on the hands than whatever non-✨new✨ 3ds i have

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

I have largeish hands yet I still find the 3DS more comfortable than the Switch. Switch is too big for me to consider portable and I will never like joycons. I love my N2DSXL very very much.

Same, although I'm fine with the joycons. The 3DS felt a lot sturdier, I could throw that in a bag without much worry. Clamshell for life

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

bees x1000 posted:

A company named Satisfye made a grip that helps but same. I also have 24 inch pythons and Popeye forearms and the switch is too drat big.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Whoops, wrong thread

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 14, 2023

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i use the satisfye grip as well. and i must say, i am "satisfye"d :D

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!

b_d posted:

Most of the games I play use the d-pad and its in such an uncomfortable position for my hands, I cant reach the bumpers without my carpal tunnel acting up

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!
I would kill for a grip attachment for the 3DS if there ever was one

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
There are numerous grips available for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

Palmtree Panic fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 2, 2023

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

a grip for the 3ds? *sigh* maybe one day....

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Did games other than smash use the tiny atrophied little Z button hidden away on the shoulder of the GameCube controller?

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

And I guess the money cheat in a wonderful life

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

womb with a view posted:

Did games other than smash use the tiny atrophied little Z button hidden away on the shoulder of the GameCube controller?

[consulting my sense memory] yes, every gamecube game used it

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

womb with a view posted:

You lock onto enemies with it in Windwaker, the flagship Cube Title, IIRC. But you’re probably right. Never even knew that button was there.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Wormskull posted:

You lock onto enemies with it in Windwaker, the flagship Cube Title, IIRC. But you’re probably right. Never even knew that button was there.

no, wind waker used L targeting. Z was a use-item button along with X and Y

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

rox
Sep 7, 2016

womb with a view posted:

scary ghost dog posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

no, wind waker used L targeting. Z was a use-item button along with X and Y

Thank you.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

z was the map button in metroid prime so it got used alot because i love looking at cool maps

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it was also the map button in super mario sunshine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
it was the map button in a lot of games

----------------