Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Azathoth posted:

In his defense, everyone hates Philly so it's more likely than normal to be true.

everyone hates philly more than the actual racist fanbases in the nba, I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Boston gets a free pass from the national sports media yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love philly and will be rooting for them after the inevitable nets flameout. They're a fun team to watch

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

skipmyseashells posted:

everyone hates philly more than the actual racist fanbases in the nba, I love it

Philly is an actual racist fanbase

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

Philly is an actual racist fanbase

part of it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

boston is back

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

people hate Philly so much that they’ll stop handwringing on forums about what poor form it is to cheer for player injuries to celebrate Siakam breaking Embiids face and then cite it like it was poor conditioning that led to it.

also did Jokic duck Jonas Valanciunas?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
cities I’ve spent a decent amount of time in ranking

Portland
Seattle
Denver
Austin (circa 2008 no idea what it’s like now, probably a lot worse)
NYC
[large gap]
Philly
San Antonio
[absolutely enormous Grand Canyon gap]
Vegas

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
dating must be really difficult in Philly because anyone remotely good looking takes the train to NYC

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

actually that works both ways, lazy Manhattan 7s come here and are practically 9s

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

indigi posted:

actually that works both ways, lazy Manhattan 7s come here and are practically 9s

if someone from the city goes out to drinks with you they’re FUCKIN buying

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

cities I’ve spent a decent amount of time in ranking

Portland
Seattle
Denver
Austin (circa 2008 no idea what it’s like now, probably a lot worse)
NYC
[large gap]
Philly
San Antonio
[absolutely enormous Grand Canyon gap]
Vegas

East Coast > West Coast actually. This can be proven mathematically by nba teams too. Sorry mate

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

In Training posted:

East Coast > West Coast actually. This can be proven mathematically by nba teams too. Sorry mate

I’m born and raised east coast I just vibe with pnw

e: I consider NEPA east coast

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Nuggets in the 4th running one of the funniest box scores I've ever seen

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

a new study bible! posted:

people hate Philly so much that they’ll stop handwringing on forums about what poor form it is to cheer for player injuries to celebrate Siakam breaking Embiids face and then cite it like it was poor conditioning that led to it.

also did Jokic duck Jonas Valanciunas?

Nuggets basically have the 1 seed locked up

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

I’m born and raised east coast I just vibe with pnw

e: I consider NEPA east coast

these are the worst possible vibes to have imo

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Yossarian-22 posted:

Nuggets basically have the 1 seed locked up

actually I heard it was because he was scared

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Seattle was good and has become worse. Every city is gentrifying, and the rate at which they're doing it is increasing, but it's like twice as high for Seattle. Used to be more Microsoft's fault and now it's more Amazon's fault. I lived there for a year like ten years ago and I went back and none of my favorite stuff was still there and it felt so much more soulless

Red Mill and Dick's are still good though. Are the billion tiny teriyaki joints still around or are they getting gentrified out too? I didn't get around to trying for it when I returned

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

In the brief time I lived in Seattle the best thing about it was Piroshky Piroshky bakery. Russian food is incredible

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1641853591286603777?s=20

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

Seattle was good and has become worse. Every city is gentrifying, and the rate at which they're doing it is increasing, but it's like twice as high for Seattle. Used to be more Microsoft's fault and now it's more Amazon's fault. I lived there for a year like ten years ago and I went back and none of my favorite stuff was still there and it felt so much more soulless

Red Mill and Dick's are still good though. Are the billion tiny teriyaki joints still around or are they getting gentrified out too? I didn't get around to trying for it when I returned

They've still got really good food up there

Too bad about the home prices

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Gonna be a fun debate on him getting into the Hall of Fame once he's eligible. Basically his generation's perfect borderline player.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

spurs secured a bottom 3 record on wednesday, mission accomplished.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

spurs secured a bottom 3 record on wednesday, mission accomplished.

Pop's last gift to the Spurs will be perfectly coaching them to the top of the Wembanyama-rama.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Big game for Brooklyn tonight. Let's see some hustle .

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

no chance Lamarcus Aldridge goes into the hall

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Calvin Murphy sexually abused five of his daughters and only made one all star game and is in the hall. Aldridge made 5 all NBA teams and 7 all star games

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I'll always remember Aldridge going toe to toe with Dwight Howard in the 2014 playoffs and scoring 46/18 and 43 points in his first two games against Houston and getting them to a 2-0 lead that would lead them into the next round over Houston. He gets my vote

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Yossarian-22 posted:

Calvin Murphy sexually abused five of his daughters

this phrase gets worse at an exponential rate

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lamarcus was like the first big free agent to sign with the spurs and it was going to go great but then kawhi stabbed the team in the back and also aldridge's heart exploded and it was all a major bummee

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

KD looks good. Suns are gonna be a force

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/JonKrawczynski/status/1642005201786662912

dog levels critically low

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

indigi posted:

KD looks good. Suns are gonna be a force

Yeah he's Kevin Durant

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

We must construct additional canine

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

jesus loving christ I thought going to rockets games was miserable enough already

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Yeah he's Kevin Durant

He's based. LeBron is cringe.

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

In Training posted:

He's based. LeBron is cringe.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeah that's basically his problem. He would be a 20 points a game guy but he seems allergic to outback dunks. He's not a great free throw shooter but still. loving terrible loss too, but the bench lost us the game more than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I don't think he gets in either but he's gonna be an interesting yard stick against which other candidates are measured. He's a 7x All Star and 5x All NBA but never had any postseason success. He's the prototype max contract guy that you can't win with when he's your number one guy.

There's gonna be a lot of second bananas on more winning teams who are gonna get HoF buzz and Aldridge is gonna be brought up as a comparison because he was better than them but the other guy made a better choice on where to sign.