Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Right now I'm hoarding nominable crates in case Ishmael gets a new 3* this season. That way, I can crack them open if I fail to roll her and, if I'm lucky instead, I can hold onto them until the last day of the season so I can buy someone I didn't already roll (likely N Meursault or G Gregor, since they're Season 1 IDs).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I'm hoarding egoshards and nominable crates until the end of season. Then, just before season roll-over I'll spend all nominable crates and as much egoshards as possible on identities and EGOs I want and still don't have, to minimize how much will turn to thread. I think that's more or less the optimal strategy, as long as you are able to be patient.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Endorph posted:

its hosed up that we didnt get an idol virgilius CG

Bunny Amiya-Vergilius is canon though.

Also this nightmare is canon:

I wonder if this also means we'll get a horse/Rocinante Don ID at some point. :allears:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
this accidentally confirms that Dante is a self insert and not an established character. 16 Chapters from now we are going to get an Input Name prompt

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
the april fools story update, lmao

e: dammit archonex

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

new thread title

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I look forward to fanart of Dantneigh, clock-headed horse.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Archonex posted:

Bunny Amiya-Vergilius is canon though.

Also this nightmare is canon:

I wonder if this also means we'll get a horse/Rocinante Don ID at some point. :allears:

the stuff with Vergilius was funny but it would've been amazing to see like, uma musume Don, Blue Archive Sinclair and Arknights Outis or something.

Or even a full playable april fool's ID for someone. :v:

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
I still want 0* rat identity

it costs negative thread to uptie

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Oh dear, 3-4 is a real step up in difficulty from 3-2.

It's only going to get worse, isn't it?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

time to invest in blunt damage

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Look on the bright side, after you beat 3-4 the recommended level actually goes down for the next couple.

...but yes, it's going to get worse. Remember that even if supports don't let you bring in a 6th person anymore they can still let you bring in a 000 max uptie level 30 character, so that can certainly help out.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDsO4a9st8

(Yeah, 3-4 is where I hit my first real roadblock too.)

April Fools was fun, guaranteed ticket only got me dupes though. Anyways, back to farming.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

my ticket has outis' name on it. wont catch me spending it til then

fabiopenz
Jun 22, 2015
Rolled my ticket and got a dupe W Meursault then I used the april fools lunacy to try another 10 pull for Faust, got yet another W Meursault and also his N corp self.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
How exactly do the post-60 levels on the bp get tracked? I thought the level number would keep going up but it still says 60.
Will buying the pass retroactively give the extra shard crates from them?

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

How exactly do the post-60 levels on the bp get tracked? I thought the level number would keep going up but it still says 60.

I think they're tracked behind the scenes, because they gave out a 300 Lunacy apology gift in response to some people hitting the hard-coded 255 cap, which they subsequently removed.
Whether that means it retroactively awards you the paid bus pass bennies for the overflow levels, I do not know for sure.

Also horse Verg my beloved.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Google Jeb Bush posted:

the april fools story update, lmao

e: dammit archonex

It's okay, I don't mind sharing. We can bask in the light of best girl horse together. :v:

Also, having just realized that they released a no leaking policy right before this this whole update was some sort of 5d chess move on the part of Project Moon to troll their userbase. Imagine what the leakers must have been thinking if they accessed this update early. They must have wondered if they were having a stroke.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 1, 2023

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Kinda wish they included something like this too, now that I've seen it:
https://twitter.com/___csky/status/1641983722537861120

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You do not get retroactive crates, no

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Pigbuster posted:

Kinda wish they included something like this too, now that I've seen it:
https://twitter.com/___csky/status/1641983722537861120

Well, they need to make a Lobotomy Corporation gacha, th—

wait. :v:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
NGL I am a bit disappointed Liu Hong Lu is another martial artist and not a guan daoud or sword user.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Seems like Liu Section 6 as a whole is simply not cool enough to be assigned bladed weapons yet. Gotta get promoted before they trust you with a knife.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Would you trust these idiots with weapons?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Theantero posted:

Seems like Liu Section 6 as a whole is simply not cool enough to be assigned bladed weapons yet. Gotta get promoted before they trust you with a knife.

Hong Lu's Section 5 tho

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
A fair enough point, but I suppose that counts as equally trash tier.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
My 3* ticket gave me Tintang Hong and W Corp Don :stoked:

I've done like 5 10pulls on the N-Corp banner without NeetFaust :negative:

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Since I dolphined for Faust and Meursault, I'm saving my 3* ticket for a rainy day/the release of a new character I'm really into. (Which is probably definitely not Outis, as cool as she is, lmao.)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

I'll be saving mine until Seven Outis just to make the chance of getting a dupe that much smaller.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Theantero posted:

I'll be saving mine until Seven Outis just to make the chance of getting a dupe that much smaller.

Same, I kind of want to pick up LCCB Ishmael but I'd sooner throw Lunacy on a banner with new mans and get them by chance.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Do you think that PM are going to try and rotate through all 12 Sinners with new additions as Identities before adding to one already?

What I mean is: after the launch set, we've got new Rodion and Meursault IDs, then Heathcliff and Faust, and now Hong Lu and Outis.

Do you think the next 3 banners with new IDs will contain only IDs for the remaining 6 (Yi Sang, Don, Ryoshu, Ishmael, Sinclair, Gregor) 3 pairs of 2, before they give Faust or Meursault to whoever a new one?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Junpei posted:

Do you think that PM are going to try and rotate through all 12 Sinners with new additions as Identities before adding to one already?

What I mean is: after the launch set, we've got new Rodion and Meursault IDs, then Heathcliff and Faust, and now Hong Lu and Outis.

Do you think the next 3 banners with new IDs will contain only IDs for the remaining 6 (Yi Sang, Don, Ryoshu, Ishmael, Sinclair, Gregor) 3 pairs of 2, before they give Faust or Meursault to whoever a new one?

I think that's the most likely outcome, it expands the toolbox the most.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
They'll probably try to keep it approximately even but if I were a dev I wouldn't want to stick to a hard-and-fast rule.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
gently caress it, I might have just gotten back from my vacation but I'm not above making some random Effort for the sake of analysis.

So. Base LCB Sinners. I will look at the three we've gotten 'focused' on Gregor, Rodion, and Sinclair.

Gregor's base kit is Gloom, Gluttony, and Sloth. Gloom and Sloth, naturally, fit his apathetic and sullen outlook as a war vet and propaganda piece. I'm not sure how Gluttony fits into his personality, he's not searching for anything.

Rodion's base kit is Gluttony, Pride, and Wrath. This squares pretty well: Gluttony is her materialist, gambling streak, Pride is her thinking that what she did with the tax collector lady was the best solution (and Sonya calls the faces of her neighbors' people she loved, but looked down on), and Wrath is her actually committing the act-she was pretty darn brutal in the kill.

Sinclair's base kit is Pride, Wrath, and Envy. Pride seems slightly ironic, given how meek he is, Wrath is his feelings towards Kromer, and Envy is his feelings towards Demian.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
If he wasn't so prideful, he'd have had very different feelings about his family? :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah, i think sinclair does have a weird amount of pride/ego-centrism to him. kromer wormed her way into his trust basically by massaging his ego.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Also Gregor pretty clearly wants a place to belong, in terms of him searching for something. In fact, specifically the identity that has the most "gluttony" is the G-Corp Gregor. Who has stayed with the company out of that desire to belong somewhere.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
I'm curious about what they are going to do with the Sinners who have had story chapters going forward because there's clearly some hanging plot threads left and it would feel odd to be in the middle of Quixote's chapter for instance and the game suddenly goes, "Oh here's some bits about Demian, now back to Quixote's existential crisis hour."

I'm looking forward to her chapter though because I have a theory about what her deal is and would be stoked if I got it right.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Apr 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

TheNabster posted:

I'm curious about what they are going to do with the Sinners who have had story chapters going forward because there's clearly some hanging plot threads left and it would feel odd to be in the middle of, Quixote's chapter for instance and the game suddenly goes "Oh here's some bits about Demian, now back to Quixote's existential crisis hour."

I'm looking forward to her chapter though because I have a theory about what her deal is and would be stoked if I got it right.

26 Nexts (A-Z) and 12 Sinners calculates to 2 nests pers Sinner plus 2 additional nests (Dante?).