Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

comedyblissoption posted:

it could just be the blizz matchmaker just putting someone in your game with a much higher rating. gms can get regularly matched with diamonds now for example [it was plat until they updated it mid-season].

even if someone's ranking profile is public, they could have an artificially decayed rank from where it should be.

also it could just be someone queuing with a friend of really disparate ratings.

blizz has made it really hard to tell if someone is smurfing now!

I normally assume that it's just bad matchmaking unless it's really obvious that it's smurfing

Those were the two DPS on the opponent team in my last match that were destroying my team.

Replacing the "fork over :10bux::10bux:" anti-smurf measure with the "dunk on noobs for 12 hours first, I guess" was one of the many dumb decisions Blizzard have made with this game.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
How many smurfs do you think you play against in the run of a week

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm neutral about stuns but not having Double Barrier makes OW2 so much better.

This is mostly what I think people actually hated about OW1, the stuns weren't ever really that bad, imo.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Also some big streamers seem to think OW2 is way better than late OW1.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Personally I miss 6v6. OW as it’s constructed seems much better suited to it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

leftist heap posted:

How many smurfs do you think you play against in the run of a week

I don't know. Probably not that many, but it's it's definitely a lot more than I ever saw in OW1 is my point.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

leftist heap posted:

drat the guys who stand to make money off not criticizing a thing think everything's fine how about that.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

leftist heap posted:

Well luckily these folks have no reason to lie.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I don't really think stuns in particular were ever that overwhelming either but they did feed into the overall feeling in ow1 that any attempt at aggression could just be neutered within seconds.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I felt like there was more variety in strategy in 6v6 at the low level I play at with 6 players because there was no cohesive strategy which meant you had an additional player trying an additional strategy but I get that's not reflective of the top levels in the game.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<

leftist heap posted:

Personally I miss 6v6. OW as it’s constructed seems much better suited to it.

Yea, 5v5 just doesn’t work and as you said, the game feels designed for it whereas this has always felt off. It just feels like they don’t have a vision for what they want the game to be other than it needs to make money.

I’m still holding out hope for PvE but I feel like that is going to be a major disappointment both in terms of quality and when it actually does come out.

Looking pretty grim ngl.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Lord Packinham posted:

I’m still holding out hope for PvE but I feel like that is going to be a major disappointment both in terms of quality and when it actually does come out.

Looking pretty grim ngl.

My impression was this was fully dead in the water? Have they said *anything* about PvE in months?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

My impression was this was fully dead in the water? Have they said *anything* about PvE in months?

I imagine getting PvP and the content mill going is taking a lot of resources but it is awfully funny that we haven't heard about PvE in so long

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Lord Packinham posted:

It just feels like they don’t have a vision for what they want the game to be other than it needs to make money.

It's funny watching those streamer Q&As with the devs and how they just completely avoid any questions about monetization, skin prices, etc etc.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I think OW1 really kind of nailed it right at the end. The balance was nearly perfect. Tanks weren't too oppressive. Shields were easy to deal with if you had 1 spam damage character. You could play literally anyone and it was fine.

The only problems were the queue times (Completely untenable for streamers) and the fact that everyone had already given up on it. OW2 is more fun because other people are having fun.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

iirc they said they were gonna talk about pve in april or something

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker
MARCH 31, 2023
OVERWATCH 2 WIP VERY SERIOUS PATCH NOTES – DRAFT – DO NOT PUBLISH

https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i would genuinely like to play roadhog with 50% extra hook distance

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
They should actually implement the Junkrat thing

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Developer Comment posted:

In order to further align Roadhog as a tank who punishes bad positioning, we've increased the range of Hook to make all positioning bad positioning.
:hmmyes:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Can I have the Moira change for real please?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

junkrat should be able to grenade jump with his regular pipes, a mechanic that should be integral to the "grenade launcher" gimmick character

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The only comedy option they could think of for Ana is "can headshot"? weak.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p05BgtrWjXk
lol

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT. FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Guarantee you some of those "very serious" changes are actually very serious changes that they are considering. You THINK they are joking, but..

The actual joke is

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

BabyRyoga posted:

Guarantee you some of those "very serious" changes are actually very serious changes that they are considering. You THINK they are joking, but..

The actual joke is

The actual joke is that we're still holding out for PvE, despite knowing it's gonna be dogwater :v:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
are they even still working on pve?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Ashe is totally busted in the new game mode, her dynamite just melts everybody. I started a game off by killing 4 people on one dynamite then shooting their tank to death. Felt great but it's broken

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Cassidy's April Fools callouts are good

The rest are :chloe:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Live At Five! posted:

Ashe is totally busted in the new game mode, her dynamite just melts everybody. I started a game off by killing 4 people on one dynamite then shooting their tank to death. Felt great but it's broken

this will have a chilling effect on all gimmick april fools modes going forward no doubt

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I feel like the soldier one was definitely shown as an upgrade he could get in pve, I would assume the rest of them are too

Assuming, you know, the pve mode was real

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Ashe appears to be disabled already

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Fartington Butts posted:

Cassidy's April Fools callouts are good

The rest are :chloe:

Soldier's and Moira's are fantastic.

Dva's "Pressing Q!!!!!!!!" and both of Lucio's are good.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Live At Five! posted:

Mei should be able to smother flames with her M1.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

CHING CHING.. CHINGY CHING CHING

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Soldier's and Moira's are fantastic.

Dva's "Pressing Q!!!!!!!!" and both of Lucio's are good.

I like Winston's

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Okay that's pretty funny. I figured they just automatically detect the eyes and it places the googly eyes on top. Does it do the same with Ana?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Okay that's pretty funny. I figured they just automatically detect the eyes and it places the googly eyes on top. Does it do the same with Ana?