Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I feel like the most obvious quick fix for the bland ruins is to make control of the points a clickable rather than governed by whoever has the most people in the radius. But I don't know if they even want to put in that much effort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
drat that Azem necklace would go great with my Azem tattoo…

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

No Mods No Masters posted:

But I don't know if they even want to put in that much effort

I think that's what they're doing, putting in the effort for Frontlines stuff. Hopefully it'll be more than some tweaks, and they'll move on to Rival Wings and give us a RW queue already. The mode's fun! More fun than Frontlines! Just, nobody plays it.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Borderland goes all the way to its 20 minute time limit too often. It needs the points to win reduced to like 1200

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

they should add the jump pads like they had in slaughter

actually just kill secure and bring back slaughter. every four days all sense of decorum gets dropped and the three grand companies just go apeshit obliterating each other

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Onean posted:

I think that's what they're doing, putting in the effort for Frontlines stuff. Hopefully it'll be more than some tweaks, and they'll move on to Rival Wings and give us a RW queue already. The mode's fun! More fun than Frontlines! Just, nobody plays it.

That would all be nice, but their :effort: on frontlines so far this expansion doesn't give me a lot of reason for confidence.

I wonder exactly how long it was possible for paladins to do the click points while invulnerable thing

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

No Mods No Masters posted:

That would all be nice, but their :effort: on frontlines so far this expansion doesn't give me a lot of reason for confidence.

I mean, this is what YoshiP said (translated, but it's still pretty clear)

So, they're probably going to be doing more than simple tweaks, based on the "begin" there. I'm guessing that the PvP team was heavily focused on CC (and, imo, correctly so), and now that they're satisfied with it they're turning to Frontlines to iron them out.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Any word on what kind of stuff will be in the physical fanfest goodie bag yet?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

Sentient Data posted:

Any word on what kind of stuff will be in the physical fanfest goodie bag yet?

Tears harvested from people who couldn't buy tickets.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

My favorite thing about the fan fest shirt is the scions rocking out

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It tracks with the rave on the moon.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Vitamean posted:

serendipitous alliance roulette where all dps and healer slots are filled with scholars and summoners and you see 21 radioactive rodents running around

And the tanks are wearing carby gear off mogstation

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
One day I hope you can glam your carbuncle into that bear-sized carbuncle you see in the HW Relic quests

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

So they're letting you add up to 90 pieces of outdoor furniture to the island sanctuary...

... but specifically not gardens, which has got to be the single thing people would have most wanted to use in the event they enabled furniture for islands.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Gardens get people to engage with housing, and housing drives subscription retention. I think they will never add gardens to the sanctuary

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Some nice qol for glamours. While in an inn cast glamour will let you select items from Inventory, Glamour Dresser, Armoire, and "others". I hope "others" is our retainers.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I don't give a poo poo about gardens I just need somewhere I can dump outdoor furniture items when I get them from seasonal events etc.

My island is going to look like a total dump and I will be extremely content

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I just want to say one thing:

Nier raids, while everyone is equipped with Malediction of Water. :getin:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

so we're definitely getting the titan car from the new set of BLU achievements right

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vitamean posted:

so we're definitely getting the titan car from the new set of BLU achievements right

oh my god, please

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

OhFunny posted:

Some nice qol for glamours. While in an inn cast glamour will let you select items from Inventory, Glamour Dresser, Armoire, and "others". I hope "others" is our retainers.

I have good news

That others line is partially obscured by the highlight but reads "Equipped by Retainers/Retainer Inventory"

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the glamour thing seems like a work-around for having more plates, at least. more annoying to deal with, and if you really wanted to leverage it you'd have to buy more retainers, but...

makes me wonder if they'll end up selling more glamour plate slots like ff11 does with mog wardrobes

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Finally be able to get the outdoor housing items from events out of my retainer's inventory.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Vitamean posted:

makes me wonder if they'll end up selling more glamour plate slots like ff11 does with mog wardrobes

I'd doubt it, but I suppose it's not impossible. YoshiP called out some people asking for more glamour plates and said that the ongoing server upgrades are due in part to handle common requests like more plates.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Vitamean posted:

the glamour thing seems like a work-around for having more plates, at least. more annoying to deal with, and if you really wanted to leverage it you'd have to buy more retainers, but...

They've raised the # of slots in the past without charging, so I wouldn't expect them to next time they bump it.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Vitamean posted:

I'm really wondering if they'll have the balls to make Shockwave Pulsar a Blue Magic spell

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Chillgamesh posted:

I'm really wondering if they'll have the balls to make Shockwave Pulsar a Blue Magic spell

Give us Relativity as a spell. :getin:

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Shell Crusher. Heavy aoe and gap closer with a long cast time.

Also, Optimized Ultima, Berserk, Changeling's Fantasia (has a random chance to turn you into either a powerful monster, or a frog). Spell In Waiting will cause your next spell to go off after a delay, allowing for even more burst phase shenanigans.

There's so many delicious possibilities.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I don't think there have been any savage/extreme only spells, but they could be rewarded from "collect x/y/z number of spells.".
all I want... is triple :getin:

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Nameplate job icons is a good plugin steal, although I imagine I'll keep using the plugin since it has the option to remove the name completely and just see a job icon.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
For April 1st, the WoW and FFXIV subreddits switched:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Macaluso posted:

For April 1st, the WoW and FFXIV subreddits switched:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/

See that's cute, that's a good April Fools thing

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

FuturePastNow posted:

Finally be able to get the outdoor housing items from events out of my retainer's inventory.

Gonna be a while before I can put this weird-rear end barbecue spit in the middle of some really badly-lit trees.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Question, is the Stormblood duty support coming in 6.4 or 6.45?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Question, is the Stormblood duty support coming in 6.4 or 6.45?

6.4. They’ve been adding them in the base patches.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
As I recall the content specifically earmarked for 6.45 are the next steps for
-Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures
-Manderville Weapons
-Splendorous Tools

As well as the second Variant & Criterion Dungeon and Blue Mage's new level 71-80 content.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Cool cool, in the Nova Crystalis twitter thread they mention it after they start talking about 6.45 so I got a little confused

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Thundarr posted:

So they're letting you add up to 90 pieces of outdoor furniture to the island sanctuary...

... but specifically not gardens, which has got to be the single thing people would have most wanted to use in the event they enabled furniture for islands.

Mainwaring posted:

I don't give a poo poo about gardens I just need somewhere I can dump outdoor furniture items when I get them from seasonal events etc.

My island is going to look like a total dump and I will be extremely content

Finally... I will be able to own that pizza oven/grill

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm just gonna cover my island with fete balloons. You know, to be festive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LZ-WQIbq-M

This made me smile and tear up like a dumbass at the end part. Also I didn't know that singer looked like that!