Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Chris Brown sucks the fun out of everything he's on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Junpei posted:

Every time I try to listen to that Metro Booming album, Chris Brown complaining about how people don't like to see him winning takes the wind out of the sails kinda early even if I like most of the beats and guests on it

I always skip that part. Ruins it lol. Beat switch was crazy though I did like that.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
it's honestly a shame that the Kylie Minogue version of The Loco-Motion is the most famous version. Nothing against the lady herself, she's had some great songs, but imo, both the Little Eva and Grand Funk versions are better

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

10,000 gecs finally drops tonight :getin:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/PopBase/status/1636432772666634240?s=20

New Melanie Martinez

https://youtu.be/yFfsM_6eYaE

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 17, 2023

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Rageaholic posted:

10,000 gecs finally drops tonight :getin:
billy knows jamie goes pretty hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Y48MR9HOI

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
The whole album goes hard. Even the ska songs like frog on the floor.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Album is so much fun!

🎵 Got Anthony Kiedis sucking on my penis 🎵

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
10k gecs absolutely slaps, one million dollars is the only song I’m not that into, great album. I like that they didn’t try and capture the surprise of the debut and just focused on refining their sound and making bangers. some great riffs in there

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
frog on the floor best track 2023

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

They put on one one hell of a live show when I saw them 2 nights in a row open for nine inch nails

Also this is absolutely on top 10 best albums of 2023

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 17, 2023

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Re listening this morning. Still slaps. Just goes absolutely silly at times.

Dumbest Girl Alive is a killer opening track.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It starts out with the loving THX sound. That's how you know you're in for a good time. And 757 has Star Wars blaster fire sounds in it.

I thought ska didn't have the ability to hype me up anymore but I Got My Tooth Removed sure proved that wrong.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I need to hear Hollywood Baby at like a million db somewhere.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

oh good now I'm gonna have Frog On the Floor stuck in my head forever

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I am slightly sad at a lack of a few of my favorite songs from Taylor’s set list. I see her in July. Can’t wait.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Speak Now got done so dirty

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

I need to hear Hollywood Baby at like a million db somewhere.

Go see them live, they've been playing most of the tracks on this album since the end of 2021. At least I think thats when the first 10000 gecs your happened.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Rarity posted:

Speak now? Your on your own kid is one of her best songs and it’s not being played! Nooo. I get wanting to play bejeweled and Karma, but having both and not you’re on your own is sad.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Rarity posted:

It did but she’s playing Enchanted so it’s not all bad, at least she knew the right track to play

It was sort of inevitable unfortunately, she’s got four new albums to play from, plus hitting the tracks from the rereleases she’s already done, and after that if she’s gotta pick an album between 1989 and Speak Now to give the shaft it’s gonna be the latter because 1989 has more fans, even if Speak Now is better

She played nothing but bangers during the Evermore section, that’s the highlight of the setlist IMO, seeing her play Champagne Problems and Tis the drat Season is enough to make me want to go

edit: but seriously how do you not end this show with Long Live

edit2: oh right Reputation why did she play more songs from that than Speak Now? Get rid of Need to Calm Down, Look What You Made Me Do and Ready For It, play the regular (better) version of All Too Well, and throw Mine/Sparks Fly in there before Enchanted and end with Long Live.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 18, 2023

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ready For It is great but Look What You Made Me Do is garbo. I would expect the Reputation bit to be short but still sad there’s no Getaway Car. Definitely need more Speak Now. Less Evermore. Do almost none of DC’s wack-rear end suggestions

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

She should literally just play Folklore and Evermore straight through, gently caress them other albums

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
She should just play reputation because she’s an underrated rapper. She can freestyle to fill up the rest of the time.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

15 years later Hey Stephen still remains the best song Taylor Swift has ever written.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

She should just marathon the whole catalogue tbh. Including the non-album tracks, soundtracks, Christmas EP, and unreleased stuff.

For real it's a bummer to hear Speak Now isn't getting much of a look in because that album is genuinely important to me, but I see why it's that way. Then again, it's a moot point because the other bummer is there's still no word on an international leg so it's not like I'm going to get to hear it any time soon.

edit: oh i read so much taylor swift chat that i completely forgot i opened this thread to post that 10000 gecs loving slaps.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I was unsure about 10k gecs until I got to Frog On The Floor and had a massive grin on my face the whole rest of the way.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Never ever thought we would get a 3 hour and 15 min concert and 44 songs

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Listening to 100 gecs is what I imagine having severe adhd must feel like

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So much greatness

https://twitter.com/PopBase/status/1638928687545327618?s=20

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
New FOB album too which hopefully will have at least a couple of cool tracks

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
And new Depeche Mode. Just did my first listen. It's definitely good, more subtle than the last one perhaps, will need a few more listens to really form an opinion.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Martin and Dave both sound absolutely incredible. Lots of 80's vibes too. Not feeling the opening track but otherwise I'm into it, it's more uplifting sound-wise than I expected so Ghosts Again captured that pretty well.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

New Meg Myers out today. Previous albums are underrated/underheard, new one is a mess. She's been through.... a lot. But now she's in over her head with new age LA pseudospiritual "5D lifestyle" and 1-dimensional protest anthem one liners. Hope she's getting better, but seems like she swapped vices for a cult. Idiots are going to say she 'went woke' when what she's into now is adjacent to Pastel QAnon.

MasterSitsu fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 24, 2023

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/pitchfork/status/1640886842399641600?s=61&t=kZaPCFYJNByCFsYrYOxkBQ

If I didn’t already have tickets to the Chicago show I’d probably be picking up tickets to that Vancouver date because drat Illuminati Hotties and Carly Rae supporting boygenius feels like a dream booking

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/PopBase/status/1641469030195183616?s=20

Got incredible list of releases out tonight!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also new Hold Steady album which isn’t relevant to this thread but they’re my favourite band so hooray!!!! :dance:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

New Melanie Martinez is loving amazing

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Listening to the new Melanie Martinez and I am not into this at all. I was very into her first album Cry Baby, which had multiple standout songs. I don't remember anything from K-12. I think I only listened to that one a couple times. Guess none of those songs stuck with me. And yeah, this one is doing nothing for me. None of these songs are standing out to me so far, and I really don't like all the vocal processing.

Also, looking at her Wiki and apparently she was accused of rape in 2017? :yikes:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So Much (For) Stardust being as good as it is is the real shock. I was expecting it to be a step up from Mania because god, anything would have been a step up from Mania, but I'll be damned: I think this is their best album since Folie. Certainly their most consistent, at least, and I liked Save Rock And Roll quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s not there for me yet but it is growing on me consistently with each listen. The Kintsugi Kid (Ten Years) is a fantastic song. The Reality Bites interlude is fuckin embarrassing, though. And the Wentz spoken word one but that just goes without saying