Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ninjahedgehog posted:

At the very least I think it would be cool if every faction had a designated horde LL -- a lot of them are position far from home but aren't really supposed to be empire building. Alith Anar or Volkmar, for instance

If they ever add Elspeth von Drachen she wouldn't be a bad call for an Imperial horde. Death caster on a dragon with a horde sounds like a fun diversion from the norm for Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I like how when you click on a Chaos Dwarf unit they say "eyyy, I'm chorfin' here!". Nice touch imo

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Grumio posted:

I like how when you click on a Chaos Dwarf unit they say "eyyy, I'm chorfin' here!". Nice touch imo

my favorite chorf line is when they 'im chorf from star trek'

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
My issue is that the campaign mechanics don't create interesting battles and aren't really worth playing on their own.

The new minor settlement battles were better than the old sieges with completely dead ai we had in two, both as the defender and attacker. Those are mostly gone, though, and the walled sieges are a joke. The garrisons are too small for the maps. It ends up better to camp in a corner as the defender or backcap as the attacker.

Has anyone made decent map replacements? The group that made maps for 2 made stuff that was pretty but worked even worse than CA's maps. I want maps that the game's pathing can actually support.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I like when the chorf said "it truly was total war, Warhammer III "

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
They should mix in banal officer banter for Chorf lines. Just enough to catch you off guard every so often.

"Working hard or hardly working?"

"How about that weather?"

"Thank Hashut it's Friday!"

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Am I the only person who doesn't give the slightest poo poo about achievements

That development time could be spent on literally anything else and it would be a better use of time

Alctel fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 31, 2023

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Alctel posted:

I am the only person who doesn't give the slightest poo poo about achievements

That development time could be spent on literally anything else and it would be a better use of time
Literally unplayable

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

An explanation on why Chorfs have "labourers" and not "slaves" like the Murica Elves.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

99pct of germs posted:

The discord Q&A was something - a few small bits here and there (new sea lane, unit cards in skill tree) but CA repeatedly kept saying that they had no time for any significant changes or QoL improvements, and that 3.0 is largely focused on just the Chorfs with some MP balance changes and nothing burgers like a filter for Daniels body parts.

Eh, I assume the update to be quite significant for them to bump the version number to 3.0

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

That quote makes me feel a little weird since I reduce the product of a billion laborers' lifetimes in Civ to just "hammers"

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Eh it kind of fits tbh.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
TBH I wonder why Sid Meier went with "shields" for Civs 1 to 3(?) before finally going, wait, what does that have to do with production

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Easier to draw with pixels?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

jokes posted:

That quote makes me feel a little weird since I reduce the product of a billion laborers' lifetimes in Civ to just "hammers"

all games are political in nature

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Weirder still is that Sid Meier's Colonization does use hammers as its icon and that was the same generation as Civ 1 or so

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Third World Reagan posted:

all games are political in nature

all art is

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Alctel posted:

Glad someone said it. I don't object to them being there but they're not important at all.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

CHIEVES OR GAME-DEATH. YOUR CHOICE, CA.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Game-death is like the heat death of the universe

inevitable

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Alctel posted:

I don't really care either, but at the same time it's hard to believe achievements like "win a campaign" aren't working

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Basically we are here

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Ey kazuuk lets go bowling!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
As the vampirates in TW, it's honestly kind of refreshing to accept that everyone's going to hate me no matter what I do, all peace treaties are temporary, and I should feel free to pillage and plunder whoever I feel like.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I like achievements because they give me tangible goals, which keep me playing campaigns longer then usual, or trying out something I wouldn't have tried otherwise.

Also, I'm constantly amazed by how much of the playing population completely ignores mods, despite all 3 games having had big and well supported modding scenes, full of people tweaking all of the bugbear problems like garrison sizes or settlement battles long before CA puts it out.

Right now I'm playing an all living pirates of sartosa campaign, making best friends with the Estalian faction, while picking and choosing which old world faction caravans to plunder and slowly inching my way towards personalized faction victory conditions. Garrisons are expanded and there's extra LL all over the place, making the map more static and taking territory more of a commitment. Soon, to shake things up, one or two of a variety of midgame crisis will kick in, like dark elf raider armies, or bretonnians spawning in to crusade against me personally. It's all very well done, the mods nowadays are incredible and there's tweaks for everything and every faction to make them better and the map more engrossing in ways of your choosing.

If you aren't using mods, you should. If somethings bothering you, there's probably someone out there tweaking the knob to make it less bothersome at this very moment.

Edit: Most importantly, the buy in is clicking three buttons on the steam page, workshop, popular mods, download

Onehandclapping fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 1, 2023

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think people generally avoid the mods because the base game itself is reasonably balanced with a ton of replayability and people just plain don't play video games much.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Yeah on-top of not caring about achievements i have also never touched a mod and probably never will

It's me, I'm Joe Gaming Public

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I make cheevos on my own

'I want to do this' and then I do it

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
mods aren't mandatory, and the base game is great, but some of them definitely make the game a whole lot better

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Cythereal posted:

As the vampirates in TW, it's honestly kind of refreshing to accept that everyone's going to hate me no matter what I do, all peace treaties are temporary, and I should feel free to pillage and plunder whoever I feel like.

I really enjoyed playing Noctulus and holding no territory.

I would just run into a place, start sacking or setting up vampire coves, and peace out to a different part of the world as soon as whomever I was raiding started sending armies after me.

The only reason I stopped that campaign is that I did start to take territory and defending it from all the people I pissed off became unfun.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah it's always wild when a part of a game you think is fundamental is actually never touched by the populace at large. Like multiplayer in every RTS

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Doomykins posted:

They should mix in banal officer banter for Chorf lines. Just enough to catch you off guard every so often.

"Chorfing hard or hardly chorfing?"

FTFY

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The Chad Jihad posted:

Yeah it's always wild when a part of a game you think is fundamental is actually never touched by the populace at large. Like multiplayer in every RTS

Or multiplayer generally

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012
Another Chorf battle, this time showing off the Iron Daemon RoR with the Dreadquake attached.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyqdb1Any24

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Hellbore posted:

Another Chorf battle, this time showing off the Iron Daemon RoR with the Dreadquake attached.

This, uh, does not appear to be a chorf battle.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Hellbore posted:

Khazuuk no chorfin' here, this some cartoon rinri with blue/white grindles.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

That is a chorf and I know chorfs

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
zharrukan anime ha

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012
Leaving my shame. Real chorfs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEljUcH9eVY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012