Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
the NCAA chaos is fully mirrored in the NIT btw: semis of UAB vs. Utah Valley and North Texas vs. Wisconsin—two 2 seeds, a 4 seed, and an "unseeded" team (UNT, basically a 7) that actually has the best efficiency rating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
The wildest part of the NIT is Wisconsin won three straight games and they were all enjoyable!

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Ahh wrong thead

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

elentar posted:

grades are all fake anyway but if you find a way in my class to write about a dude accidentally inventing a sport while trying to gently caress a cantaloupe you're absolutely getting an A

I had a college professor tell me about the time he made up an entire Civil War battle and wrote a paper on it. Got an A.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I want to root for Caitlin Clark because she's very good but I really don't like iowa basketball. sigh.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My teacher in high school used to talk about how when he went to SDSU and he partied every night and often went crossed the border and he nearly died on a beach in Mexico which is why he decided he needed to be a teacher and a christian and transferred to UCSD instead, lol.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Virginia Tech in the Final Four, who woulda thunk

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Rick posted:

My teacher in high school used to talk about how when he went to SDSU and he partied every night and often went crossed the border and he nearly died on a beach in Mexico which is why he decided he needed to be a teacher and a christian and transferred to UCSD instead, lol.

San Diego has SDSU, UCSD, and University of San Diego.

Make up your mind, friends.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

tadashi posted:

Then you go across the country to Philadelphia where there's about 64 colleges and I had to look and see if there actually is a Philadelphia University (there is!).

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My thoughts on Philadelphia University

P U

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

penn state hired vcu’s coach; penn state shouldn’t fall off too much, mike rhoads is pretty good

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Temple hired former Penn State assistant Adam Fisher for its head coach gig.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

elentar posted:

Temple hired former Penn State assistant Adam Fisher for its head coach gig.

Charlton Young, an assistant coach at Mizzou of all places passed up an offer for the job because he was worried about stability in the program. Which sounds like, sorta bad news to me if he's on to anything.

I mean I guess it's just up in the air for Temple, their president resigned yesterday. Landing Fisher is probably a win for them, or as much as they could hope for?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

I mean I guess it's just up in the air for Temple, their president resigned yesterday. Landing Fisher is probably a win for them, or as much as they could hope for?

haha their president resigned because he went above and beyond in trying to bust their grad student union including trying to terminate health benefits for striking workers and got his rear end absolutely handed to him, they’re dressing it up in concerns over “campus safety” but it’s 99% because he made them a national laughingstock

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Declan MacManus posted:

penn state hired vcu’s coach; penn state shouldn’t fall off too much, mike rhoads is pretty good

as good a hire as really could be hoped for. next season looks to be a disaster still though unless he can convince the 2 of the 5 players left on the roster to return from the portal and brings in a ton more from either VCU or elsewhere. And gets, well, anyone for the recruiting class since they all split when Shrews left also. Going to be a rough year or two regardless I think

Fisher at temple seems like a potential high reward hire for them if it works out. Players seem to love him at least for whatever that's worth.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Heck yeah Mark Madsen to Cal let’s get weird

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Grant McCasland to Texas Tech

That was fast, figured they would wait a day for the NIT to set in

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Grant McCasland to Texas Tech

That was fast, figured they would wait a day for the NIT to set in

Trying to capitalize off the excitement of the NIT win since he's a harder sell than someone who just went deep into the NCAA's.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

tadashi posted:

The State School
The Smart School
The Christian School

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Hunter Dickinson has entered the transfer portal for some reason.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Hunter Dickinson has entered the transfer portal for some reason.

Some Kansas smoke but I can't tell if it's real

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'd like to apologize in advance for the Seventh Seal opening if San Diego State wins the final. But I have to say as a proud San Diegan it was totally worth it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I can't sleep

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

a neat cape posted:

I can't sleep

Drink now, and then take a nap in the afternoon and wake up for game time.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
thinking about how my team will never be good again :smithicide:

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Lessail posted:

thinking about how my team will never be good again :smithicide:
Does it help if I remind you that UNLV has a 5-game win streak over UNR in MBB+football

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

SpiritualDeath posted:

Does it help if I remind you that UNLV has a 5-game win streak over UNR in MBB+football

nope, having to use stuff like that as consolation shows how bad it is

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm going to the watch party at Viejas Arena tonight.

I still can't believe this is real.

Love you all.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I hope SDSU beats the ever living poo poo out of UCONN

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Godspeed and go Aztecs

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

a neat cape posted:

I'm going to the watch party at Viejas Arena tonight.

I still can't believe this is real.

Love you all.

Get YOURS. Go Aztecs.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

kiimo posted:

I hope SDSU beats the ever living poo poo out of UCONN

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1643023846650306563

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Go Aztecs

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I'm sure the intention here is for it to be an inclusive appreciate a great game thing but whew, what an unfortunate moment to drop this idea given the post-game bullshit discussions.

e: or maybe it's entirely what it appears to be on the surface, I don't know what's in her head.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 4, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What are the bullshit discussions I missed all that apparently

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

What are the bullshit discussions I missed all that apparently

Basically all the whining about Angel Reese taunting Caitlin Clark as if it matters at all (Clark didn't give a poo poo, she knows how this goes), and at least on the surface of things given how much poo poo both of them talk all the time...well it comes off as a little racist that one of them is taking the brunt of the old people worried about taunting.

There was a whole hell of a lot of that going on. Reese won, she gets to talk as much as she wants to. And Iowa kinda got blown out and it wasn't all the refs, even if the refs were horrible.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Grittybeard posted:

Basically all the whining about Angel Reese taunting Caitlin Clark as if it matters at all (Clark didn't give a poo poo, she knows how this goes), and at least on the surface of things given how much poo poo both of them talk all the time...well it comes off as a little racist that one of them is taking the brunt of the old people worried about taunting.

There was a whole hell of a lot of that going on. Reese won, she gets to talk as much as she wants to. And Iowa kinda got blown out and it wasn't all the refs, even if the refs were horrible.

It’s a lot racist imo. I’m an Iowa fan but the big fuss over Reese being a normal athlete and talking a little smack after literally the biggest basketball win in her school’s history is awful and embarassing, and it’s shocking (but not surprising) to me that coach Mecha-Karen seems to be avoiding criticism after walking all over the court during the middle of the game. Even if she doesn’t mean to, Biden inviting both teams is definitely going to be seen in that context. All the worst people are gonna be applauding her

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/PadreDeCuatro/status/1643115965540966400

We are, Keshad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Who is SDSU losing?

What teams will retain a lot of people next season?

Alabama and Houston I can't see being this good next season especially Houston joining the Big 12 and having that gauntlet to run through.

UCONN and Purdue might retain a lot? But I'll never believe in Purdue again, you bastards. Miami and FAU retaining a lot?

Also plenty of recruiting left just thinking out loud.

Fake edit: maybe Alabama will be back according to this

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...n-top-25-and-1/