Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
i'm willing to pay the deadly price (50 bux) for a pape but tony is getting the slightly dangerous price (20 dollars) until they put these fuckers on fite for everyone. i hate using bleacher report so loving much. doesn't work on my computer half the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

holy poo poo yeah

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

drat it feels good to be honorable

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

Agreed. Show was fantastic live.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
:(

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1642035708620832774

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

:(

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
In addition to just being a stellar event Supercard of Honor got me to subscribe to Honor Club. This Thursday I am gonna Watch ROH on my Computer. And hell I may even peruse the video library in the meantime.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/VE777US/status/1642123715801677826?s=20

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Well I’m loving excited. LET ME FEEL THE GLOW, TONY

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Was she in character or was she just not having a very nice time at the wrestling

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1642285712325132288 She's so good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

finished the ppv. great stuff

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

apophenium posted:

In addition to just being a stellar event Supercard of Honor got me to subscribe to Honor Club. This Thursday I am gonna Watch ROH on my Computer. And hell I may even peruse the video library in the meantime.

Welcome aboard, the rebooted RoH has been some of my favourite wrestling of 2023. It just hits right.

But on the topic of the video library, could more experienced RoH heads recommend some good classic shows or matches to catch up on? There's just so much back log that starting to watch blind isn't really feasible.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Welcome aboard, the rebooted RoH has been some of my favourite wrestling of 2023. It just hits right.

But on the topic of the video library, could more experienced RoH heads recommend some good classic shows or matches to catch up on? There's just so much back log that starting to watch blind isn't really feasible.

Death Before Dishonor VIII in 2010 is superb if you can stand some crowd chants that haven’t aged well. Honor Takes Center Stage in 2011 was their 2-night Mania weekend show and it was amazing

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

If you've never seen it, Blood Generation v Do FIXER on Supercard of Honor 2006 is incredible

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://slamwrestling.net/index.php/2006/09/06/roh-milestone-series-this-is-awesome/

There's 6 shows in 2006 that start with the fourth anniversary. I think most of it has been uploaded. Go back and watch those shows if you want to know what ROH was like back in the day. This was commonly recommended as a good starting point for getting into ROH.

I think there's some ROH vs CZW sprinkled in there. Bryan Danielson vs Chris Hero from Hell Freezes Over is really solid too and that's kind of the start of ROH vs CZW.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah that period of ROH was what kept me watching wrestling after I had tapped out on WWE and didn't yet know very much about international wrestling.

Great pape but I was sad at some of the results. I would like Eddie to win a big one someday. :smith:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Who's that?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Sir Tonk posted:

Who's that?

Naomi who quit WWE with Sasha Banks.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

Who's that?

Trinity Fatu, formerly known as Naomi

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
she's cool and has always deserved a decent showcase run somewhere

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
btw. Athena said that she and Trinity are close friends and talk on a daily basis.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Kennel posted:

btw. Athena said that she and Trinity are close friends and talk on a daily basis.

This will make it all the sweeter when Athena eventually destroys her. :unsmigghh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Berzerker posted:

I would like Eddie to win a big one someday. :smith:

He's winning the AEW title from MJF at Grand Slam :)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

He's winning the AEW title from MJF at Grand Slam :)

I assume he's actually beating Claudio that same week at the Hammerstein or whatever NYC area arena Tony books for an ROH taping/PPV.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I assume he's actually beating Claudio that same week at the Hammerstein or whatever NYC area arena Tony books for an ROH taping/PPV.

It’s the perfect feud to finish in a Fight Without Honor

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Eddie comes out, wins, first challenger is Mark Briscoe.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lamuella posted:

Eddie comes out, wins, first challenger is Bryan Danielson

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
watched supercard last night it was loving AWESOME

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Kennel posted:

Naomi who quit WWE with Sasha Banks.

For real? Never knew her other name. Always liked her

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I never got around to watching the post-show scrum. Was there anything interesting in it? Is it worth watching or at least throwing on in the background?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I never got around to watching the post-show scrum. Was there anything interesting in it? Is it worth watching or at least throwing on in the background?

Mark Briscoe is incredible on it. Tony has some interesting answers here and there, Athena does too.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1642921477065388034

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ganso Bomb posted:

shibata wants danielson, and is travelling with aew the next couple of weeks

athena and mark and tony time were good too. athena's incredible

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Broke: Shibata vs. Danielson
Woke: Shibata vs. McGuinness

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
nigel needs to turn down the heel knob a bunch moving forward imo

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

graph posted:

He could also stand to tweak his references to his wrestling career. He came off was less like he was using it to highlight the action and more trying to make it about him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

graph posted:

As happy as I was to see him back he did seem off and detracted from that booth's great chemistry. Probably just has to get some WWEisms out of his system though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Athena named a very good list of potential challengers who I hope she gets to face.

I don't share Mark Briscoe's faith, but I really respected the way he presented it: Basically that he could either just claim he has faith and still feel miserable, or he can walk the walk and truly believe that Jay is still with him, and he feels the latter.

graph posted:

I don't remember exactly what, but there were a few things he said that definitely need updating and made me remember that he comes from a particular time & place.