Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

DMorbid posted:

I was not prepared for this movie.

Going for claymation body horror inside the first 10 minutes was definitely an odd choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

I AM GRANDO posted:

Is all Gumby media about genociding robots?

Only when it isn't about agricultural loans or outer space.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
What a royally lame crusty crunchy crummy dummy mummy!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I AM GRANDO posted:

Is all Gumby media about genociding robots?

What's crazy is that the MST3K episode with Robot Rumpus only came out THREE YEARS after the Gumby movie. That's how modern it was.

The movie was sort of a cinematic finale to the 80s run of the show, which I remember watching a lot on Nickelodeon in the early 90s. I was so young and the show was so weird that I swore "Gumby's out of control pet bee who can't stop building boxes around objects" was something I dreamed up. When I saw the RiffTrax for the movie and the Groobee showed up so late in the third act, it blew my mind.

I was also high as hell during my first viewing of it, but still.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

Cabbit posted:

Going for claymation body horror inside the first 10 minutes was definitely an odd choice.

I watched the movie as a child and I loved it then. I laughed so hard at everyone getting balled up together. Just the most hilarious thing to my child brain.

Now I am thinking about Art Clokey's war service and wondering about the entire Gumby show and movie as a way to process the war.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
It's not at all a line or even a good reference but thanks to MST3k, whenever I think of Gumby, I think of SUUUURE, MUH-THERRR and snicker.

I know I watched it because I have the theme song in my head and can recall it pretty easily but I remember literally 0 episodes or any lore. So, everything in my head about Gumby is now MST3k/Rifftrax related :buddy:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
So he just goes to work starkers? :confused:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Anyone for crackers and milk?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's a fair-to-partly cottony day.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Five of my classmates died in the kiln today, MOTHER

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Mrs. Gumby is stacked! :quagmire:

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Mrs. Gumby is stacked! :quagmire:

That squares my breasts.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The navy safety film seemed like they were having as much fun as you could have with a navy safety film. Meta-textuality, stunts, even a narrative arc!

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Dawgstar posted:

Anyone for crackers and milk?

Maybe they can have white rice later!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
No! That's Wallace and Gromit's yard! :argh:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

R-O-B-O-T

“Rump!”

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mom threatened to make me into a bowl!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Ah! They hung his head! This is worse than Seven! :gonk:

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

Golden Bee posted:

The navy safety film seemed like they were having as much fun as you could have with a navy safety film. Meta-textuality, stunts, even a narrative arc!

:yeah: It's honestly a pretty good safety film and much better than what I have to watch at work these days.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I think my favorite safety short is Shake Hands With Danger.

*Country guitar twang here*

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm too busy burning greenhorns to make a decision about that.

Future Wax
Feb 17, 2011

There is no inherent quantity of driving that I can increase!
Please Mike, just work the lumps!

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Future Wax posted:

Please Mike, just work the lumps!

Bolus and Horseflop!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

*Unintelligible gibberish while Mike works the lumps*

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
"Is Gumbo a matador?"

"i think someone just sold him a bad rug."

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Mrs. Gumby is STACKED

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Golden Bee posted:

Yeah, they understood the assignment and tried to make something watchable rather just another straight and dour training video, and I can respect that. I appreciated the telephone cord gag. :allears:

The Gumby film sure was... something though. I'm surprised they got through it without a single Celebrity Deathmatch joke, given the designs of the human characters.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

I'm too busy burning greenhorns to make a decision about that.

I did not realize that Three Finger Joe was a mod on these dead gay forums.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Demon Squad folks are KSing a sequel, if you're into that: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fightingowl/lets-make-demon-squad-2

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh good for them; Demon Squad had a lot of heart and I hope the sequel gets made. Based on the description, it sounds like an earnest attempt at a sequel that's just capitalizing on how their profile got raised by MST3K so they won't go full "fake bad movie."

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
When my buddies and I are gaming and we need an extra person to fill our team/squad, the newcomer is always referred to as The Amazing RANDO.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Now we’ve never met before, have we?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

So I'm confused about the episode access from the Kickstarter...are we no longer able to watch the Netflix seasons? I tried to watch Wizards of the Lost Kingdom II and it prompted me to rent or buy.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Honk honk beeps beep government gridlock

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

verbal enema posted:

Honk honk beeps beep government gridlock

I’m the Crime Bill, BANG BANG!

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Are we on a date?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Horrors of Spider Island!

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Pershing posted:

So I'm confused about the episode access from the Kickstarter...are we no longer able to watch the Netflix seasons? I tried to watch Wizards of the Lost Kingdom II and it prompted me to rent or buy.

Did you find it from the main page of the app, or did you go through your purchases? It’s one of the annoying quirks of the platform they used that to get to your Kickstarter reward episode, you need to basically ignore the main part of the app and always go to Library > Purchased.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Diabolik900 posted:

Did you find it from the main page of the app, or did you go through your purchases? It’s one of the annoying quirks of the platform they used that to get to your Kickstarter reward episode, you need to basically ignore the main part of the app and always go to Library > Purchased.

Personally I'm not using the app, but being logged into the website I can watch Wizards of the Lost Kingdom 2 by finding it in the video fridge (https://theater.gizmoplex.com/myvideofridge) or by going directly to it in the store page (https://www.gizmoplex.com/videos/mst3k-208-wizardsofthelostkingdomii).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The Horrors of Spider Island!

Spider Island, home to the stars! :c00l: