Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i seriously hope someone has documented all the story & event stuff from cross duel because that stuff needs to be preserved for future generations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
If someone had told me it was a yugioh dating sim earlier i woulda played the hell out of it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
could you date sherry leblanc

because they still won't let me play as her in DL

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Skeleton Mom posted:

cross duel bravely asked "what if every character in yugioh fell madly in love with you as a narrative reason for them to be your tag duel partner" and society just was not ready for that. or maybe the yugioh dating sim was fine and the gameplay that turns your phone into a portable heater was the problem. we may never know

Is that not just Tag Force? Those games did alright

Personally I was mildly interested to try Cross Duel, but then their gameplay videos made it look like a confusing clusterfuck and really grindy so that mild interest turned into complete disinterest

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
New solo gate is the final World Legacy chapter. The cosmetic to unlock the first gate is found by completing the scenario two points down from that junction.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The reason Cross Duel failed was that it was an insanely greedy gacha game, like even moreso than regular yugioh, where it was about not only getting the cards you wanted but upgrading them into more powerful versions of those cards, and everybody but the most hard-core of whales dropped off of it within a week after realizing this and getting curbstomped over and over in the pvp modes.

Also, if it was actually just 4 player yugioh like the tower duel in the anime, or like a tag team mode, people would have been way more receptive to it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Skios posted:

New solo gate is the final World Legacy chapter. The cosmetic to unlock the first gate is found by completing the scenario two points down from that junction.

Also, the Nibiru 10-pack special is finally here, scored half a dozen other URs off of it

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I'd almost wonder if these packs are loaded to produce more URs, since they're probably the first purchases new players made. I got five URs myself, and ten SRs. My URs included a Spright Elf, which I'll probably sit on until the inevitable banlist update hitting it.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Shame it never picked itself up. There are aspects of Cross Duel I actually enjoyed. I liked that your ace monster is something you always have access to and is used to make a critical play instead of being an accessory to your board. I liked that Defense position actually matters. And the mind games were pretty fun. The concept doesn't really hold as a single-player game, but I think I would have been more into it as a mid-budget PS2 game from 20 years ago instead of a greedy mobile game.

On Master Duel, it's a shame the Doodle Beasts are high rarity. At least the DIFO Ancient Warriors cards are finally here, so I can drop everything to try to make that deck work.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I've been having a lot of fun playing a variant of Spright that runs a small Synchro package. Basically, Crystron Citree in the main deck that can go into Crystron Quandax on the opponent's turn. From there you can either go into Penguin Brave to grab a Penguin Soldier for two bounces, or you can go into Desert Locusts to force a Discard, then into Borreload Savage Dragon with a Spright Elf equipped.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Skios posted:

I've been having a lot of fun playing a variant of Spright that runs a small Synchro package. Basically, Crystron Citree in the main deck that can go into Crystron Quandax on the opponent's turn. From there you can either go into Penguin Brave to grab a Penguin Soldier for two bounces, or you can go into Desert Locusts to force a Discard, then into Borreload Savage Dragon with a Spright Elf equipped.

I do the same with a melffy package and hop ear squadron as well. Mellfy to fill the board at endphase. You can run a few heralds on the ed to have omni negates you can summon on the opponents MP. It's very funny to send elf for red or carrot chain elf then on a new chain hop ear all the way up to Borreload, yeah.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
That sounds like a really fun build. I managed to pull something off just now that I feel really should be some sort of achievement - I ended up in a situation where my opponent used Nibiru on me during their own turn. Are there any Melffy cards missing from Master Duel?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Skios posted:

That sounds like a really fun build. I managed to pull something off just now that I feel really should be some sort of achievement - I ended up in a situation where my opponent used Nibiru on me during their own turn. Are there any Melffy cards missing from Master Duel?

Yeah we're missing the newest wave of support of wally and penny and the synchro and staring contest. It's fine for now but pinny and wally are gonna make it so much better. Wally is puppy but it summons two.

There's a level 2 beast that pops a card if it's summoned by a beasts effect its ery good in this package.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Finally hit Diamond I for the first time as Floo :toot:

Final match was going second against pure floodgate Runick, and it essentially came down to me topdecking Unexplored Winds and using it (after they’d milled my Feather Duster) to plink off their backrow starting with Skill Drain.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

New MD banlist:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Another Floo hit? I don't even play the deck I just feel bad for them at this point.

Edit: And Souleating Oviraptor and Miscellaneousaurus are both at 3 now. :getin:

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Regalingualius posted:

New MD banlist:

Konami targeting Runick Stun. Seemed like they also decided to do some Ishizu hits as well.

girl dick energy posted:

Another Floo hit? I don't even play the deck I just feel bad for them at this point.

Konami is just consolidating the Floo MD limits with the OCG limits at this point, probably in anticipation of Tearlaments.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Regalingualius posted:

New MD banlist:

Laaaaame. I'm not really playing right now because I was already having no fun against Spright, but kicking around the one deck I had that was getting anywhere against them (and especially hitting the cards that gave me any loving chance at all) doesn't exactly make me interested in changing that.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

The player who was in 1st (2nd place in this screenshot) seems to have been removed from the rankings entirely because of an exploit:

https://t.bilibili.com/778411222871572486?spm_id_from=333.999.0.0

That is unfortunate since that exosister with the village tech was interesting nonetheless.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Regalingualius posted:

New MD banlist:

But I just spent this weekend building Agents...

O-Orange Light... :negative:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Suddenly glad I never got around to crafting that second Gozen Match.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Much lighter hits than expected to the Ishizu/Chaos pile, that deck is top tier and FTKs pretty often

e: I guess Necroface to 2 makes it a bit harder? Dragonhawk to 2 is baffling though, that card is a 1 of

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 30, 2023

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Much lighter hits than expected to the Ishizu/Chaos pile, that deck is top tier and FTKs pretty often

Unfortunately Ishizu cards are still up for sale so it looks like they won't be hit until the selection pack disappears.

So unless Tears get a massive pre-hit release (they won't cause Komoney), MD is gonna be a shitshow for a month in the upper ranks.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
So Runick players are just going to sit on Kaiser Colosseum and Summon Limit in stead, aren't they?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Both of those cards have the issue of being extremely bad going second. We do still have tcbo at 2 though I think.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Ran into one of the most creative self-TK decks I’ve ever seen just now

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

New MD tryout event is here, focusing on alternate win conditions this time. The decks are Exodia, Destiny Board, and Venominaga

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution is on sale in PS Store, is it worth it for a person that hasn't played the actual card game since the early Pendulum era (and even there barely and was never particularly good at it) but follows the anime and Yugitubers? I like playing YGO, but I also know I'm very far behind in terms of how the game works now.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution is on sale in PS Store, is it worth it for a person that hasn't played the actual card game since the early Pendulum era (and even there barely and was never particularly good at it) but follows the anime and Yugitubers? I like playing YGO, but I also know I'm very far behind in terms of how the game works now.

It has pretty significant technical issues, but the card pool is only a couple years out of date and it has a ton of AI opponents to play against. The story mode basically gives you a brief overview for why any given duel is happening. I think it's a pretty good time.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
My biggest gripe with that game is that they somehow managed to make opening packs the slowest and grindiest part. It’s decent enough after you get a deck together, but with each card pool being 1256 cards deep, and it taking 10 seconds per pull, good luck getting the third copy of any rares you need.

*edit*
Oh, and there's no way to exchange further duplicates or craft cards, after the third copy goes into your collection the rest just go into the void.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
It's really your only option to play modern Yugioh outside of Master Duel or the other simulators. There are 20-30 opponents from every series but Vrains along with History duels.

I don't know what the performance is like on Playstation but the Switch version would routinely grind to a halt and crashed constantly, so maybe check on that. Most of my other gripes with the game are just that it's such a step back from previous games in terms of presentation, performance, music, and pretty much every other aspect. And Konami gave up with it after like 1 patch.

If you do get it, I'd suggest a few things:

You will want to make an OTK deck like Chaos MAX turbo otherwise it is literally quicker to gain points to purchase card packs by losing.

The method of acquiring cards is asinine. Packs are completely random and do not care about how many copies of a card you have. Some cards are only available in Free Duels and History mode (thankfually those cap at 3 each), but the game doesn't tell you how to get each card so you will need a guide.

History Mode seems like a fun puzzle duel mode until like the Joey vs Bandit Keith one. Most of them are luck dependent, don't really work under Master Rule 5, and are just frustrating experiences. You can use your own deck for these and still get the same rewards.

Every deck in Free Mode is generally unique and you can acquire every card your opponent uses. This is nice because it makes every duel different but it also means handtraps and other staples are scattered between different duelists and the power level of each deck is pretty low. This could be a good thing if you're just making fun decks, but otherwise it's not too challenging.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I had the Switch version crash when resolving Exodia, like half way through the movie clip. Couldn't have been more perfect.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Ardeem posted:

*edit*
Oh, and there's no way to exchange further duplicates or craft cards, after the third copy goes into your collection the rest just go into the void.

This is the thing that always frustrated me about the game. Like, even the Tag Force series had stuff you could do with dupes, and the 5D's half specifically allowed you to convert dupes into extra copies, albeit at a ridiculously slow rate.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Been a bit, but mechanics question: I used Dimension Shifter right after my opponent got Fateful Adventure online, but they were still able to activate the “draw an Adventure Token-related card, then send a card from your hand to the GY”… which I thought wasn’t supposed to be able to happen, a’la Maxx C.

What am I missing here? Is it because it’s treated as an “if, then” effect, and it’s allowed because the first half is legal, even though the second half ordinarily shouldn’t be?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Maxx C can't activate under Shifter because that's a cost that can't be paid.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Regalingualius posted:

What am I missing here? Is it because it’s treated as an “if, then” effect, and it’s allowed because the first half is legal, even though the second half ordinarily shouldn’t be?

Correct. For "If, then" effects, the first part is required for the second to happen. If it can't then the effect stops. The first part of Fateful Adventure's effect is adding the card to hand. Since that wasn't blocked they still get to do that and the effect resolves as much as possible.

If, for example, the effects were reversed then they wouldn't get to add because a card never hit the graveyard. It would get banished because of D-Shifter.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah, you can see what all the different conjuctives mean here. You're allowed to activate effects even if there's a replacement in effect that would change what they do (eg you can activate Zeus under D Shifter even though it would end up banishing everything rather than sending them to the gy) but you have to be able to pay costs as written.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

King of Solomon posted:

It has pretty significant technical issues, but the card pool is only a couple years out of date and it has a ton of AI opponents to play against. The story mode basically gives you a brief overview for why any given duel is happening. I think it's a pretty good time.

I should add that I played the switch version. I'm hoping there are fewer technical issues (because the switch version, as Iserlohn detailed, is rough) on that version, but I can't speak to the specific experience on playstation.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Just a silly replay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1AQNertky4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If you see the long red boi, SUMMON YOUR LITTLE GUYS IN DEFENSE. Cat with a Moustache has another one of Sky Striker vs Slifer where they just can't figure out that Rei lives if you turn her sideways.