Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Also another new character rocketing up my favorites:

between the format and tone I’ve always gotten Azumanga Diaoh vibes from BtR but they’ve gone and added a Tomo-alike who is incredibly funny to watch everyone play off of, from her nicknames (Selfie-Sempai) to her endless supply of energy. This joke in particular feels straight out of Azuma:

The second season can’t come soon enough imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i don't think a second season would make it far enough to get to these new characters

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

It will in my dream world where it gets a surprise 100 episode second season because everyone loves it so darn much

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

hell, i respect it

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/SsSantine/status/1639981804991008770

It's going to be the new Among Us.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nijika's sister and hiroi have such insane exes energy, is my read on the lesbian content in this series

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Endorph posted:

nijika's sister and hiroi have such insane exes energy, is my read on the lesbian content in this series

I don't think you're alone in that reading.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

They definitely dated post high school (and I wouldn't be shocked if at some point they were in a band together too)

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

kidcoelacanth posted:

i don't think a second season would make it far enough to get to these new characters

I'm guesstimating the second season would cover the entire battle of the bands arc and maybe end with them getting scouted, there's plenty of good moments, new characters and Bocchi deaths there

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

They definitely dated post high school (and I wouldn't be shocked if at some point they were in a band together too)

i believe it was stated they met in college

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So does the Bocchi manga continue past high school?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

if it does it hasn't got that far yet. the scanned chapters are somewhere in year 2 or 3 and we've nearly caught up to the japanese releases

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

So does the Bocchi manga continue past high school?
the bocchi manga's been running for 5 years now but its only had about 50ish chapters in that time. its in a monthly magazine and the author takes two breaks a year for comiket, so about 10 chapters a year. so yeah its not that far into the story really.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Nitrousoxide posted:

I don't think you're alone in that reading.

It kicks rear end and is my favorite

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Endorph posted:

100% The vibes, they're off the charts. I really want a Hiroi spin off. Don't care what it is, I just want a lot more of her.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Popo posted:

I really want a Hiroi spin off. Don't care what it is, I just want a lot more of her.

Can't have that in a wholesome manga!

Yes, I know the alcoholic hobolady in question is an adult, go along with the joke.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
The gals should definitely stage an intervention for Hiroi's booze smoothie problem

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://mangadex.org/chapter/388f85e3-7b05-4f5b-8e6a-32698fd0a7ac

chapter 55, in which nijika has good taste in games

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Pro Gamer Bocchi

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I love that Bocchi having the aesthetic taste of a 10 year old boy is a recurring gag

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I hope one day manager-san gets the respect she deserves :)

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i believe in bocchi's ability to get a cosplay gf

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Doesn't even need to be a pro gamer to get that Cosplay girlfriend

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There are lots of cosplay women out there to be your cosplay girlfriend, if you're willing to put in the effort. Bocchi just needs to cast a wider net, she's still in high school.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://twitter.com/AmiAmi_English/status/1637846468412469249?s=20

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kita's the best of the lot there by a country mile

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Pro Gamer Bocchi

Wait is this a confirmation that Bocchi is gay?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Actually a woman wanting another woman as a lover means something completely different in Japan

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Nitrousoxide posted:

Twitter certainly is taking it that way

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Talorat posted:

Twitter certainly is taking it that way

Except the one guy I saw trying to argue that she meant it in the platonic way that girls refer to their friends with

Because if there’s one thing I associate with professional gamers, it’s platonic friendships with women

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Nitrousoxide posted:

I mean she lives in a world where the only other man is her dad so I don't really see how this is a surprise.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
She should be thankful she lives in a world where everyone has eyes.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I mean she lives in a world where the only other man is her dad so I don't really see how this is a surprise.

how could you forget about the fist of the north star punksters

and the BEACH BOI gang

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

uggghhhhhh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bocchi honestly has a fair amount of incidental men they just arent important to the story its kind of weird to act like 'oh well MEN DONT EXIST is why theres lesbian overtones' lol

besides bocchi's dad there's the band on TV at the very start, a bunch of guys in the band posters in bocchi's room, those guys that played in the bit where bocchi's first working at the live house, most of the crowd shots at bocchi's school have male students too she doesnt go to a girl's school, there's gin-chan, etc. it's not really something like love live where they refuse to show a guy's face or acknowledge they exist. there's even a joke early on about bocchi pretending to have a boyfriend in her youtube descriptions.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I was obviously taking the piss and also I can't believe you all forgot to reference the incredibly divorced open-mic man.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

As I understand it the only even minor gag that might be at play here is that professional gamers have an association with having cosplayer girlfriends, so if Bocchi becomes a pro gamer than obviously the rest would follow.
But it's also not even the only time she's thought something similar (i.e. becoming attractive to girls, specifically).

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i am dead serious when i say: men aren't real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

Actually a woman wanting another woman as a lover means something completely different in Japan

I mean whatever friendo. I just didn't know if this comedy manga was supposed to be referencing something about pro gamers I was unaware of in this.