Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Majere posted:

can confirm, Wavesplitter is S tier with the amount of orbs you can make with new mods, and volatile rounds. I bring it in any activity that is just swarming with adds or taken psions which can get out of hand, because they all turn to purple mist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvnYmWpD_T8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh wow, they nerfed Flare Up in the patch notes I see. What's it doing now, like only around 50 Scorch with Ashes?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I keep doing RoN and so far I have gotten armour and Briar's Contempt. It's a nice LFR but dang.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
My second and third runs were where I started seeing weapons dropping regularly from RoN, FWIW.

Rufus' Fury is gonna be even better with the coming AR buff

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

I'm playing trials and I'm having... fun?!
I understand people hate the current rule set but I appreciate that matches are lightning quick, so you really don't have to dwell too much on matches where your teammates have the aim of a brick (or matches where you are the brick).

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Play more and you'll see.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, Trials is always surprisingly tolerable.....at first.

I need to get that SMG so I'm hoping I can just get in, get a good roll and get out.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Thank you Bunker E15 for glitching out and giving me a platinum finish despite me not killing the final two overloads

it also got me the solo flawless for the armor slots, all in all a good day

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ptroll posted:

I'm playing trials and I'm having... fun?!
I understand people hate the current rule set but I appreciate that matches are lightning quick, so you really don't have to dwell too much on matches where your teammates have the aim of a brick (or matches where you are the brick).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrgAvr0TIr4

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

you wanna talk about surprisingly tolerable, I'm actually having fun with Comp right now. I think...I like 3v3 rift?

Showdown can gently caress off though that poo poo takes way too long

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I'm not a pvper normally but I tried rift and it was super fun, gets chaotic as hell sometimes. Tbh I think I just lucked into getting carried by some good teams and next time I try, I'll hate it.
Trials is just me getting owned by entire teams of adept weapons :smith:

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I'm not a pvper normally but I tried rift and it was super fun, gets chaotic as hell sometimes. Tbh I think I just lucked into getting carried by some good teams and next time I try, I'll hate it.
Trials is just me getting owned by entire teams of adept weapons :smith:

Rift when SBMM pays off is super fun, and when your team sucks it's at the very least quick.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Rift is very fun but progress towards the 50 points for the seasonal thing is agony.

Did all three of the raids I hadn't last night (ron, vow, kf) due to several kind and patient goons. Thanks to everyone, now let's do all the others today!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MJeff posted:

I need to get that SMG so I'm hoping I can just get in, get a good roll and get out.

The trials weapon this weekend is the Bow, I think.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

Grinding to Rank 10 solo for the rep reward SMG wasn’t hard yesterday. I even almost got babby’s first Flawless, but I had opted for a Ferocity card instead of Mercy so I could get to 7 wins and more rep quicker. The new trials matchmaking makes it quite fun, and the map + zones make it go real quick if you’re stomping or getting stomped.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Rift is very fun but progress towards the 50 points for the seasonal thing is agony.

Did all three of the raids I hadn't last night (ron, vow, kf) due to several kind and patient goons. Thanks to everyone, now let's do all the others today!

Just focus on the ball and you’ll get more points. I think a dunk is 20-25

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I actually really enjoy rift when you have like one or two other people in comms. A few coordinated people can dominate that mode and it's really fun.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Rift was amazing when it was the IB mode and we were running 6 person stacks through the discord. It is terrible if you run it solo and have a disorganized team of pubbies.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Two q’s

1) Have the Tarrabah and auto rifle changes gone live yet or was this week’s TWAB just a preview of upcoming changes?

2) What Hunter builds are y’all bringing into Master raids? Even if it’s been meta for two years I wanna hear it, I am clueless on that class and I want as many rolls of Adept guns as possible

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

ponzicar posted:

Rift was amazing when it was the IB mode and we were running 6 person stacks through the discord. It is terrible if you run it solo and have a disorganized team of pubbies.

fwiw I find 3v3 rift wayyy more fun than 6v6 rift but you definitely run into that issue of feeling your teammates ineptitude a lot harder than in survival.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Pirate Jet posted:

Two q’s

1) Have the Tarrabah and auto rifle changes gone live yet or was this week’s TWAB just a preview of upcoming changes?

2) What Hunter builds are y’all bringing into Master raids? Even if it’s been meta for two years I wanna hear it, I am clueless on that class and I want as many rolls of Adept guns as possible

Tuesday for the mid-season patch.

For my master run of Root, I did Strand Hunter with Bola Grenade, Star Eater Scales, and void weapons such as Gnawing Hunger (with Demolitionist), Commemoration, and Succession for the kinetic. I generally pivoted toward throwing more grenades, and focused on suspending literally everything. The goal was to be an uninterrupted bubble of crowd control in every encounter, and used my machinegun to take out most enemies.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I do not understand the Void Titan Wavesplitter build. Lots of explosions, but I feel like I’m mostly just standing around waiting for ability cooldowns.

I’m starting to dig Witherhoard, but it is pretty garbage without the catalyst. I spend hand the fight reloading.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I do not understand the Void Titan Wavesplitter build. Lots of explosions, but I feel like I’m mostly just standing around waiting for ability cooldowns.

I’m starting to dig Witherhoard, but it is pretty garbage without the catalyst. I spend hand the fight reloading.

Orbes on shield break, double void siphon, double void surge. Abilities are meaningless, orb reloads gun, orb fills super, orb makes devour, orb makes volatile, orb feeds special finisher, orb heals. Shoot gun, walk over orbs.

e: also easier said than done but yeah witherhoard is a different gun entirely with the catalyst I would grind it out as soon as you can stomach it. I did mine mostly just suiciding to get more ammo. Throw two shots, go die immediately. If you can hit control points or try to third party onto other players fights it goes reasonably fast, and in theory you should now get season pass catalyst boost? You can also goof off with fighting Lion, just follow around a good player and lob grenades where they are shooting to clean up their kills.

uwaeve fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 1, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is there any reason to do the Legendary campaign on your second and third characters?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

MJeff posted:

Is there any reason to do the Legendary campaign on your second and third characters?

For the choice of exotic armor if you hate doing legendary lost sectors.

chami posted:

Grinding to Rank 10 solo for the rep reward SMG wasn’t hard yesterday. I even almost got babby’s first Flawless, but I had opted for a Ferocity card instead of Mercy so I could get to 7 wins and more rep quicker. The new trials matchmaking makes it quite fun, and the map + zones make it go real quick if you’re stomping or getting stomped.

Does trials have freelance mode permanently now?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

MJeff posted:

Not really?

You get some extra strand bucks, and your choice of one of the two new exotic armors for that class.

It'd probably be easier to just grind that stuff out otherwise.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The campaign and follow up Nimbus quest guarantee you a red bar for each Neomuna weapon so it’s an easy way to get those patterns before you suffer through legendary patrols for the rest.

Oh wait you dont need legendary for this, nevermind.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Listerine posted:

Does trials have freelance mode permanently now?

it prioritizes based on fireteam size, so if you’re queueing up solo you’ll get entirely solos unless they can’t match you in a timely manner, in which case a duo might sneak in

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Is there a guide out there for what people are generally going to be using/doing in PVP? I feel like a lot of Titan abilities are very strong but every time I point it out, people just respond with some poo poo that pares down to the rolleyes emoji.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Something feeling strong doesn't necessarily mean it is strong. Same with the opposite, something that feels weak isn't necessarily weak.

Use what you like and what you feel you are successful with and come here and talk about how happy you are and people should support you in your fun and may have suggestions to giter guder.

The meta shifts a lot because of too many dumb weird factors but just check youtube for Destiny PvPers. saywallahbruh, Cammycakes, Castle Content, Pattycakes, Aztecross, Falloutplays are popular ones of varying quality and focus.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

it prioritizes based on fireteam size, so if you’re queueing up solo you’ll get entirely solos unless they can’t match you in a timely manner, in which case a duo might sneak in

I had a few matches that were me plus a duo versus a single and a duo, the majority however were solos vs. solos. I was actually quite pleased with the matchmaking and the fireteam balancing. There were a few absolute spankings on both ends (including one game where I was teamed up with Modern of all people and he just ripped the enemy team apart all by himself), but very few matches felt totally unwinnable.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I got matched against a diamond player with 2000 elo. My kd is like .4 lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

acumen posted:

I got matched against a diamond player with 2000 elo. My kd is like .4 lol

Random matchmaking does indeed do that yes.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
You say that like it's a completely acceptable thing in 2023

Gonna keep running it down until I get my cool gun this is fun for everyone involved I think

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Tried to play today on console since my PC is packed up for work, and it feels awful playing on controller. That was just pve too, I'm not touching anything else.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Tried to play today on console since my PC is packed up for work, and it feels awful playing on controller. That was just pve too, I'm not touching anything else.

Don’t worry, XIMs are rampant on consoles. :v:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Trials is a complete haves-and-have-nots over The Immortal, what the gently caress was Bungie thinking with this gun?

"Let's take the Ikelos SMG, already arguably the best PVP weapon in the game, and add ten to every stat. Should be fine."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pirate Jet posted:

Trials is a complete haves-and-have-nots over The Immortal, what the gently caress was Bungie thinking with this gun?

"Let's take the Ikelos SMG, already arguably the best PVP weapon in the game, and add ten to every stat. Should be fine."

You can be one of the Haves too! Just bash your head to rank 10. That's called upward mobility! :v:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

FlapYoJacks posted:

Don’t worry, XIMs are rampant on consoles. :v:

Honestly that has never bothered me, I couldn't care less what interface players use. It just hurts my brain every time I play on console, the controller feels great as always but the limitations built into the engine suck poo poo no matter how I change settings up.

Oh well, I'll still play, just with tempered expectations. Hopefully I'll have my regular setup back online before reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

working as intended

e: lol come on

acumen fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Apr 2, 2023