Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Shut the gently caress up about Phil!

Anyone got a suggestion on what to make for my gran tomorrow? She doesn't do cheese.

You should do some foams or dunk some shrimps in liquid nitrogen, go full gastro pub to hit the goops, slops, dips, and slurries food group. :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I don't want it narrowed down

I made parmas with salad tonight. Very low-effort, but good. Mine had cheese but you can leave it off.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Pan Bagnat, I always go for the Alton Brown recipe on this. Didn't get the eggs hard boiled enough this time and didn't have ripe enough tomatoes, but eh. It's wrapped and waiting now.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Absolutely baller dinner tonight.

Two inch thick filet mignon, perfectly medium rare
Sautéed baby kale with garlic and red pepper flakes, fresh from our hydroponic garden
Baby bellas sautéed with the steak fond and butter, reduced balsamic

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Hamburger helper, but with sausage and some broccoli tossed in :effort:

I need to go grocery shopping this weekend

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I never minded hamburger helper until the time I got the flu right after and spent 2 weeks sick as gently caress with my last solid meal memory some bullshit lasagna knockoff

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

[

char siu pork belly. 10 hour sous vide, sauce blowtorched on.

rice.

bao. oversteamed it a little.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Why’s your meat so square

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

cut it into squares. big fan of square meat.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pizza rolls and a V8. :munch:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Drunken noodles from the Thai place

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Onion
Mushroom
Green pepper
Cabbage
Ground beef
Soy sauce
Black vinegar
Chili oil
Sesame oil
Red pepper flake
Green onion

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

bloodysabbath posted:

Onion
Mushroom
Green pepper
Cabbage
Ground beef
Soy sauce
Black vinegar
Chili oil
Sesame oil
Red pepper flake
Green onion

What the gently caress does OMGCGSBCSRG mean?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oooooo boy I got another loving SAUSAGE WARRANT on some combination pizza rolls. Cocksucker california does it again! :downsbravo:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ooooo and now they’ve bumped it up to a shoot and kill from an approach and harass. Apparently the loving SAUSAGE was CLASSIFIED. At least I won’t have to hear racist comments from this piece of poo poo state about how impressive my hair is for a chinaman until their stock runs out.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

hosed up, wife picked up cheap meat, thought it was chunks of stew meat, but it’s mince

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Butterfly chops were 3 for 5 bucks so I cut those in half and made some mashed potatoes and asparagus to go with it. Pretty decent, 4 people for like 12 bucks with leftovers.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I made spaghetti bolognese from scratch (tomatoes, celery, carrot, onion, garlic, fresh oregano/basil/rosemary, ground meat, milk) which isn’t all that photogenic, but it is delicious. The trick is slow cooking the sauce all day with a Parmesan cheese rind.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I bought some hotdogs, bread rolls and tabbouleh from the supermarket and combined them with some cheese and chilli garlic sauce that I already had at home.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Sunday I went to a bar that has a local popup there twice a week. Mr. Wings. Best wings I've ever had. They have a permanent place in Milwaukee now but I've gone to a few bars here over the past couple of years where they set up.

They had a B.L.P. (buffalo lemon pepper) and their Gold Digger which is a mustard based sauce. Also they had pickle fries. Not pickle chips or spears. They were cut super thin and battered and fried and came out amazing. I've had some deep fried pickles that are just.... wet. Like you bite into a big spear and water dumps out of it. These were perfect. Small enough that they couldn't hold on to all of that moisture.

An unfortunate note, that bar had a fire in the kitchen yesterday morning when no one was there and there was damage. Just 12 hours after I was there. :(

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

octopus in a tomato onion garlic honey vinegar sauce over couscous

those wings look good as gently caress

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

An unfortunate note, that bar had a fire in the kitchen yesterday morning when no one was there and there was damage. Just 12 hours after I was there. :(

You admitting to something?

I made a pot of Bolognese. I didn't want to boil a batch of pasta since my microwave is bust and I'm not wasting electric boiling pasta for one person. I stuck some in sandwiches with cheddar and put them in the press instead. Added some brocolli and a glass of blueberry juice so it wasn't completely unhealthy.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Valko posted:

I made a pot of Bolognese. I didn't want to boil a batch of pasta since my microwave is bust and I'm not wasting electric boiling pasta for one person.

May I introduce you to the concept of boiling two or more portions of pasta at the same time and eating it later

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Butterfly Valley posted:

May I introduce you to the concept of boiling two or more portions of pasta at the same time and eating it later

It says right there in the part of my post that was quoted that my microwave is bust. What am I going to do, stir-fry it? Boil it again so it gets soggy? Dry it out by putting it in the oven? And did I not say I was trying to save electric?

I've got some cheap packs of instant noodles that are ready in 3 mins if I'm really craving it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Valko can't afford electricity lmao

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have never boiled water in the microwave before.

That's a stove task.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Valko posted:

It says right there in the part of my post that was quoted that my microwave is bust.
You mean for reheating leftovers? Here's what you do:
  1. Cook the pasta and sauce and mix them together. Eat one serve and put the rest in the fridge.
  2. Next day, get another serve out of the fridge and put it in a frying pan with a little water. Put it on the stove and mix it around as it heats. The extra water compensates for the amount that will get evaporated off as it gets up to temperature.
  3. Repeat step two till the pasta is all gone.
Microwaves are honestly not that good for reheating food. They require less thought and attention since you can just go "15 minutes, 30% power" for basically any dinner-sized plate of food and it'll be fine, but an oven or stove (depending on what you're reheating) will do a better job.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Tiggum posted:

You mean for reheating leftovers? Here's what you do:
  1. Cook the pasta and sauce and mix them together. Eat one serve and put the rest in the fridge.
  2. Next day, get another serve out of the fridge and put it in a frying pan with a little water. Put it on the stove and mix it around as it heats. The extra water compensates for the amount that will get evaporated off as it gets up to temperature.
  3. Repeat step two till the pasta is all gone.
Microwaves are honestly not that good for reheating food. They require less thought and attention since you can just go "15 minutes, 30% power" for basically any dinner-sized plate of food and it'll be fine, but an oven or stove (depending on what you're reheating) will do a better job.

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure the stove in my new house is older than I am. If I want to fry an egg with a firm yolk, I'm waiting ten minutes.

Also, here's what I do. I boil the pasta seperately and drain it. Let it be for a while to let the steam evaporate. Dunk it in cold water to stop it from cooking, spread it out to dry further and then put in the fridge.

Reheat sauce with some water in a frying pan, sure. Then reheat the pasta in the sauce.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

:dafuq:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I think we are being "trolled"

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Valko posted:

You admitting to something?

Lol

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

It's what I do when I boil a batch of pasta to reheat later it. It's not the way I eat pasta if it's freshly cooked.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

here's what I had for dinner, a pieorgi feast and a bunch of beer/cider/mead

it owned because I did not have to use my own electricity :twisted:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Valko posted:

Also, here's what I do. I boil the pasta seperately and drain it. Let it be for a while to let the steam evaporate. Dunk it in cold water to stop it from cooking, spread it out to dry further and then put in the fridge.

I love this forum

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I like to fill my electric kettle full regardless of how little water I need and boil it all. I also tend not to use it right away so it will cool down completely and I’ll have to boil the same water again from room temperature multiple times. Hope this isn’t causing OP too much anxiety... :twisted:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I think we're getting pizza today because my pasta drying plates are currently in the dishwasher

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Whenever I don't have pasta I just toss croutons with the Ragú

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

EEKA GEEK posted:

I like to fill my electric kettle full regardless of how little water I need and boil it all. I also tend not to use it right away so it will cool down completely and I’ll have to boil the same water again from room temperature multiple times. Hope this isn’t causing OP too much anxiety... :twisted:

Twice boiled water? goddamn :monocle:

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Valko posted:

And did I not say I was trying to save electric?

What did you make (or eat) for dinner based upon your electric situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I made spaghetti tonight

I'll eat it cold tomorrow if my microwave breaks