Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

hambeet posted:

I love every time they’re massively outnumbered. loving cowards.

Emptyquoting this.

Because I too love the fact that whilst there is a loud unpleasant minority who will always hold these hosed up cooker/nazi/TERF rallies, they are the undisputed minority by orders of magnitude.

Forgive me for my left wing extreme take, but:

Trans rights are human rights.
and.
Nazis are bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-01/nsw-labor-minority-government-as-two-seats-go-to-liberals/102175504

lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
biiiillllll

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
It’s obviously super early, but Guardian is reporting that early counting so far reports a 9.53% swing to labor in Aston; which - Lol.

Edit: Antony Green now has the outcome down as ‘ALP likely’. This is extremely hilarious.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Apr 1, 2023

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
https://twitter.com/AntonyGreenElec/status/1642087701792063488

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
https://twitter.com/PeterWMurphy1/status/1642083580150157312?s=20

The Op leader is toast.

edit: Antony G has called it. Put a :fork: in it.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Apr 1, 2023

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Green just called it

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
https://twitter.com/TheAviator1992/status/1642094131953684480?s=20

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.
Can’t wait to see the Sky meltdown vids.

Edit: Dutton is on Insiders tomorrow. His office will be having a bad night tonight frantically debating talking points

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Let the leadership speculation begin.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
roll the potato please

:auspol:

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
ABC Panel member summing up: Gen Z is poling in single digits for the LNP in Victoria.
David Speers: Says nothing, but sis face says holy poo poo.

We're going to see the Labor vs Greens come 2-3 Federal Elections from now.

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

drunkill posted:

roll the potato please

Inshallah

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

drunkill posted:

roll the potato please

2 Questions about that.

Who do they have to take his place? Who do they have who even wants the job?

Dutton himself only took it because he is an ambitious true believer who thought the reason ScoMo lost so badly was because he wasn't conservative(tm) enough, and that he could somehow be the presentable face of the LNP. Which was a huge misreading of the entire country.

Who do they have so stupid, so completely lacking in self awareness to take over from him? And why?

Funniest option is they go back to ScoMo. I mean he still is an MP.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Not for long

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
https://twitter.com/Qldaah/status/1642112063685406720?s=20

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Who will partner with the nats though

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Eediot Jedi posted:

Who will partner with the nats though

The third Reich

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

In 2-3 elections we're going to be up to the fifth reich at least

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Yet another election that was hyped up as going down to the wire for months and in the end wasn't even close. Why do they fall for it every time?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

https://twitter.com/JonesHowdareyou/status/1642094886886445057?s=20

God I hope Peter Dutton loses his job over this. But what's the alternative? Sussan Ley? She has been doing more media work than Dutton already, so I guess they already kinda knew he was electoral poison but now here's the unequivocal proof.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

How about the member for Moore, Ian Goodenough. Name sounds about right for the average Aussie approach to a problem. More seriously, maybe the libs will select a woman, Karen Andrews hasn't blotted the copybook as far as I know?

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Yet another election that was hyped up as going down to the wire for months and in the end wasn't even close. Why do they fall for it every time?

It's in both major parties interest for it to be seen as close to push voters away from the minors/independents. The greens went backwards I think this state general and federal by election for instance.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
greens votes are moderately up, it's still affected by the false narrative of "first past the post/wasted votes" of a tight contest though which is why the big two like it

edit: ah, nsw greens went back.

edit edit: I read gud and that's what you were saying too, but vic state election greens gained a point or two

G-Spot Run fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Apr 1, 2023

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

never fails to bring a smile to my face

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I never heard of this by-election until today. Who left to make it necessary?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Ol’ Robodebt himself

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

I can't say for sure but it does feel like Trump getting elected permanently broke the brains of Australian right wing media. She's practically parroting American election analysis. She's even putting a lot of the blame on the 'rusted on long standing Liberals' not showing up...despite this being a country with mandatory voting.

They showed up, they just didn't vote for your parachuted candidate. It would also help if you didn't believe the same long standing Liberal supporters are receptive towards a party that is primarily focused on transgender community and other culture war bullshit.

jeffreyw fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 1, 2023

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Comstar posted:

Toxx?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I think it’s going to take more than 3 elections but I also believe Aus politics will eventually reshape itself to be a labor vs greens contest

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
It will be Labor versus whatever the teals and money coalesce into with the Greens in coalition.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Watching insiders

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Comstar posted:

No, we're going to plough into a bad inflation-and-interest-rate driven recession, lots of people are going to lose their houses and jobs and blame the Labor government, and the result will be a coalition landslide in 2025

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/1642114523703447557

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Why speculate about Dutton getting rolled? He's deeply unpopular, Lib leader for life please.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

freebooter posted:

No, we're going to plough into a bad inflation-and-interest-rate driven recession, lots of people are going to lose their houses and jobs and blame the Labor government, and the result will be a coalition landslide in 2025

You're assuming they don't come up with a modern ruddbucks/jobkeeper (my understanding most of the good stuff was drafted by Labor)/other economic policy that cuts through the worst of it. They are actually good at coming up with economic strategies and not letting everyone drown in their own problems because "party of personal responsibility and bootstraps"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

freebooter posted:

Nah

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

G-Spot Run posted:

You're assuming they don't come up with a modern ruddbucks/jobkeeper (my understanding most of the good stuff was drafted by Labor)/other economic policy that cuts through the worst of it. They are actually good at coming up with economic strategies and not letting everyone drown in their own problems because "party of personal responsibility and bootstraps"

Entirely possible, especially since the liberals seem so cooked about the transes and the pronouns they seem to have entirely forgotten how to rant about communism.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Entirely possible, especially since the liberals seem so cooked about the transes and the pronouns they seem to have entirely forgotten how to rant about communism.

Its so weird seeing a political party unable to make open layups like this. Especially when Roshena Campbell is sleeping in the same bed with someone in the Hearld Sun, you'd think they'd be doing a whole lot more to push her campaign instead of being primarily focused on Moira Deeming.

freebooter posted:

Maybe but they're also completely obsessed with the culture war to the point that's all the big hitters in Australian conservative media talk about. The Hearld Sun doesn't even seem to be slamming the Labor Governments too hard on inflation, the RBA is taking the majority of the heat. Not just that, they're way more concerned about Dan going to China, Moira Deeming getting cancelled, or people in St Kilda taking drugs.

jeffreyw fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Apr 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Not yet sorry, the LNP needs another cycle to find someone else who is not Dutton or Dutton alike. But I might put some money on Labor winning the next election. They are 1.17 to 1 on Sportsbet.

freebooter posted:

Toxx?

Comstar fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 2, 2023