Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

oh WHAT I thought you couldn't

god drat it, I gotta read more about the ranking system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Good soup! posted:

oh WHAT I thought you couldn't

god drat it, I gotta read more about the ranking system

it has to be on a fresh save but you can use any weapon you want so long as it isnt on ng+

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

As far as I know the ranking is based entirely on time and then professional adds times saved to it.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
im going to do it

----------------

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

There is a challenge for new game professional S+ that allows bonus weapons, and then a separate challenge for new game professional with no bonus weapons, any rank. You can combine them in one run for the ultimate masochism experience but you don’t have to.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm mad I missed a single clockwork guy in the first chapter and didn't realize until too late I could have just gone back during a different chapter

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

rodbeard posted:

I'm mad I missed a single clockwork guy in the first chapter and didn't realize until too late I could have just gone back during a different chapter

you can start a new game on assisted run through the opening to get it it will still count and be added to the ones you've already found

----------------

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Roth posted:

I think RE4 Remake could be better if they kept Leon yelling "JESUS CHRIST" at every enemy he sees like in RE2 Remake

when I played RE2make there were at least a handful of times that I would yell something out loud and Leon would shout the same thing a half second later. Loved that so much lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I can't remember the exact line but I remember laughing out loud at the very final Mr X encounter where Leon just loses it in frustration and shouts something like "OH FOR gently caress'S SAKE". This is how you do snarky dialogue without getting into Joss Whedon poo poo, just have your characters act like very highly strung normal people who are keeping it together slightly but not much more than a real person would be in the situation

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I loved Claire's line read in the RE2 remake of "what the hell is up with you?" It's like she's in a Facebook Live argument with a zombie

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mr. x was based as gently caress

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I loved Claire's line read in the RE2 remake of "what the hell is up with you?" It's like she's in a Facebook Live argument with a zombie

Lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lmfao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

mr. x was based as gently caress

Remember being so excited for Nemesis since Mr X was clearly just a very very good prototype for what the insanely sick remake Nemesis was going to be like and then, uh,

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I can't remember the exact line but I remember laughing out loud at the very final Mr X encounter where Leon just loses it in frustration and shouts something like "OH FOR gently caress'S SAKE". This is how you do snarky dialogue without getting into Joss Whedon poo poo, just have your characters act like very highly strung normal people who are keeping it together slightly but not much more than a real person would be in the situation

:hai:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

when I played RE2make there were at least a handful of times that I would yell something out loud and Leon would shout the same thing a half second later. Loved that so much lol

lol yes that ruled

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the way ganados get torn apart by power weapons and have a bunch of parasites wiggling out of their insides is so loving cool. they put a ton of love into the character models and animations

----------------

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

can't wait to see what other tricks people discover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGQ2nJsxM28

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Good soup! posted:

can't wait to see what other tricks people discover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGQ2nJsxM28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHy0LrfzODQ

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol rip larry

----------------

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
ate eggs and died

----------------

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

after the gigante fight, I tossed an egg (the one and only time I've equipped one) at the dog as though to feed him, and then on the score screen it gave me points for hitting an enemy with an egg. I don't think he liked it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

grieving for Gandalf posted:

after the gigante fight, I tossed an egg (the one and only time I've equipped one) at the dog as though to feed him, and then on the score screen it gave me points for hitting an enemy with an egg. I don't think he liked it

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they're going to remake all the games now and when they're done they're going to remake them all over again

good

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Remember being so excited for Nemesis since Mr X was clearly just a very very good prototype for what the insanely sick remake Nemesis was going to be like and then, uh,

they're going to remake re3 remake next

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

One of these days they'll make a version of RE3 that's an entire game

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

playing re2make and its so good. i forgot how sick re2 was. its just a big puzzle, the combat isn't even really combat in the early hours, you're just clicking on guys enough to make them fall down so you can keep exploring. and the payoffs are so quick, it's not like you grab 20 puzzle pieces and you don't figure out where they go until hours later, you pretty much find exactly what you need within minutes and then it opens up into a new mystery. great gameplay loop. and the re engine is goated

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
RE2 remake is so fun to replay because eventually you know the RPD like the back of your hand and can optimize everything

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Doing hardcore S+ runs in RE2make is so satisfying. Planning out the route, figuring out what’s worth a detour, what’s worth skipping, when and where to shoot etc, then executing. It can be frustrating but it feels so good when you succeed. And the game’s fun to play anyway so even if you gently caress up it means you get to play some more

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
RE2make is second best remake after the original resident evil remake

----------------

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it rules

----------------

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

RE2make is second best remake after the original resident evil remake

This. I will def play the RE4 remake when it's on sale but the original still holds up so well whereas I don't think I could go back to PSX RE1 or 2 tbh

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
earlier this week i tried playing hardcore on re2 but i thought it was too hard for me so i restarted on standard, only loading from typewriter saves, and now maybe its too easy, made it to the chiefs office and i havent died yet. oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

MeatwadIsGod posted:

This. I will def play the RE4 remake when it's on sale but the original still holds up so well whereas I don't think I could go back to PSX RE1 or 2 tbh

i like both the psx originals and the remakes and play both

----------------