Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sorry penny back when the internet consisted only of fark, something awful and zombo.com, homestar runner was the bright shining forefront of hilarity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

And it's still that way, dagnabbit :arghfist::corsair:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
We talked about HomeStarRunner in another thread not too long ago. I'm old enough to remember it being a thing, but I also never 'got' it. I don't hate it and some of the bits (Strong Bad's techno song, the character Dr. Z) made me laugh but yeah it largely felt like it wasn't even intended for me as a 14-year-old. Someone pointed out that its whole allure to those who liked it was that it was as wholesome as it was childish. In a sea of SA Photoshops and vulgar Flash games on NewGrounds and Stickdeath, I could see how its irreverent joviality could be refreshing to some.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I was just talking to someone else about it the other day. Derail city I guess but I think H*R was foundational to what I like to believe is good mature humor nowadays because it’s a prototype of something that’s funny and full of pop culture references but none of it feels like a microaggression. It’s like the antithesis of South Park where it always acts like it’s cozying right up to the line of bad taste but never crossing over, but actually is crossing WAY over, it’s just that its cis white straight male audience never saw where the line was. H*R is the prime example for “no, humor hasn’t been cancelled, you just aren’t trying hard enough”

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Homestar was for 30 year olds way back when. All my coworkers were into it, and it's all I heard them quoting. I think the Rick and Morty of that time if those same coworkers weren't all into Rick and Morty at almost 50 now.

I don't know man, it was pretty big at that time is all. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some fast food tie in with it at some point.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm 34 and know exactly what homestar is and it's never been funny

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I stopped heeding anyone's recommendations for online content sometime between Jib Jab and Salad Fingers

zone
Dec 6, 2016

:laffo:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Soul Dentist posted:

I'm 34 and know exactly what homestar is and it's never been funny

Sorry, but as Sole Arbitrator of What Is And Isn't Funny, yes it is

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Captain Hygiene posted:

And it's still that way, dagnabbit :arghfist::corsair:

getoffmylawn.gif

itry fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 27, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

itry posted:

getoffmylawn.gif

:hmmyes:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/NoContextBrits/status/1641091940232863744

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Honestly, not the worst Little Caesar's I've seen

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
Maybe this is the place to ask: I saw an ad for the Pizza Hut Big New Yorker and have vague memories of it. Is the new iteration similar to the original? Basically, will I be 100% disappointed in myself for ordering Pizza Hut like every other time I've ever done so in the past 15 or so years?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

This is fusion cuisine run amok.

That said... Is fish & chips actually a British dish originally? Because drat, if so it's the only British dish that actually rules. I could gently caress up some fish & chips right now.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Mister Speaker posted:

That said... Is fish & chips actually a British dish originally? Because drat, if so it's the only British dish that actually rules. I could gently caress up some fish & chips right now.

Nope, it was originally Sephardic Jewish. Brought over during one of the pogroms.

Or rather, the battered fish is. There's no way a native Britain thought of frittatta-ing fish. The potatoes came later, obv.

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

https://youtu.be/gMrMI1xMhKk

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Samovar posted:

Nope, it was originally Sephardic Jewish. Brought over during one of the pogroms.

Or rather, the battered fish is. There's no way a native Britain thought of frittatta-ing fish. The potatoes came later, obv.

Well, I mean, this is the kind of hair-splitting that had people jumping down my throat in thr anti-Italian thread. Pasta is a variation on noodles, an Asian invention, but its specific ingredients and what it's often served with makes it its own thing, IMO. Schnitzel, or the idea of hammering meat really thin, dusting it with bread crumbs and frying it, is also originally a Levant invention, and there are many variations of it but... schnitzel is schnitzel. 'Fish & chips' as in a big slice of haddock dipped liberally in beer batter and served with tartar sauce and fries soaking in malt vinegar... would you not say the dish is English? The wiki does, if that means anything, right in the first paragraph.

I'm just saying maybe we can let the English have that one thing since the rest of their 'cuisine' is depraved.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Anti-Semitic.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Just had an amazin NY pepperoni slice and got me thinking again about how it's possible to mess up something so easy

Post the best pizza ever in this thread

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Mister Speaker posted:

Well, I mean, this is the kind of hair-splitting that had people jumping down my throat in thr anti-Italian thread. Pasta is a variation on noodles, an Asian invention, but its specific ingredients and what it's often served with makes it its own thing, IMO. Schnitzel, or the idea of hammering meat really thin, dusting it with bread crumbs and frying it, is also originally a Levant invention, and there are many variations of it but... schnitzel is schnitzel. 'Fish & chips' as in a big slice of haddock dipped liberally in beer batter and served with tartar sauce and fries soaking in malt vinegar... would you not say the dish is English? The wiki does, if that means anything, right in the first paragraph.

I'm just saying maybe we can let the English have that one thing since the rest of their 'cuisine' is depraved.

Most of the best foods come from multicultural places where immigrants use what they know to engineer the best food they can with what ingredients that they have available to them. I think some of the worst foods also come from insular groups who resisted outside influence and tried to maintain their own food purity (which I think allows for weird acquired tastes to get even weirder).

Pepperoni was invented by italian immigrants in America.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rhmr1fIOTa1s1ddrj.mp4

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Never a good sign when there are more steps after baking than before.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

https://twitter.com/CoolBoxArt/status/1642086900734525440

:britain:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

... that's a cake

zone
Dec 6, 2016

almost looks like someone made a thick loaf of cornbread, flattened it, and thinly smeared it with pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Sounds pretty american to me!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
thick cornbread crust, gravy for sauce, AMERICAN CHEESE, sausage and okra for toppings. little bit of black pepper to "spice it up."

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

i mean. i'd probably gently caress with that

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Gimme all the thick, pillowy pizza dough. Even better if the outside is crispy and kinda greasy.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I know that kind of base, and believe me, you do not want it.
It isn't pillowy and soft; it's hard and bubbly, kind of like expanded polyurethane, but made from bad bread.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Using the pizza to scour cast iron pans

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Sponge toffee base

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Happy lies day.

https://twitter.com/Dominos_UK/status/1642074374630002688

https://twitter.com/PizzaExpress/status/1642082573064060929
Pizza, but hole.
https://twitter.com/brianhioe/status/1642101742220488704

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

PIZ
ZA
EGG

PIZ
ZA
EGG

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

SlothfulCobra posted:

Happy lies day.

i'd hit it.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
always leave the crusts when you eat pizza

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Carbonara pizza looks pretty good tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Toxic Mental posted:

Carbonara pizza looks pretty good tbh

The one upthread looks pretty bad.
In general it could be great, there is a video of that Roman michelin star pizza guy making carbonara pizza and that one looks great enough that I don't want to post it in the bad pizza thread.