Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Diabetes you are not invited to my pizza party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

No ma'am Ray ain't got diabetes

No he ain't got no diabetes at all

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I just got my first real cardio exercise in 4 months and can confirm that it cold sucks to run a mile

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

I...am...here...

to tell you not to get a hangover.

I forgot a go-to.

"They said it couldn't be done" "Scientists are still trying to figure it out"

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
There is this new invention called making love that the main doctors are telling scientists about

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

JethroMcB posted:

I just got my first real cardio exercise in 4 months and can confirm that it cold sucks to run a mile
It is the news of an age.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

No ma'am Ray ain't got diabetes

No he ain't got no diabetes at all

POSTMASTER: FIND THIS MAN

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Howard Beale posted:

There is this new invention called making love that the main doctors are telling scientists about

BRB getting hold of my MAD magazine collection....

Dunny
Jul 11, 2022

On that secret Taco Bell menu since small times

(Thanks for the Achewood collection, dude)

Safety Dance posted:

I splurged on one of those new e-paper tablets and loaded all of the Achewood PDFs onto it, of course.

I've been wondering about nabbing one of these. Which is it? ReMarkable? Or summats else?

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Dunny posted:

I've been wondering about nabbing one of these. Which is it? ReMarkable? Or summats else?

Based on the pen it looks like a Remarkable 2. I love mine

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Howard Beale posted:

This is another joke I plagiarized IRL. My friend and his girlfriend taxied home drunk one night and were stuck outside of their own house for half the night.

I used this exact line, except swapping "making love" for "spare key technology".

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello
You know what it is? I let some scientists chop my dick off last night, my head is all over the place.

(Anyone got a link to that one? Didn't come up on ohnorobot)

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I quote "Perfect Friends." almost on the daily.

It is horrible that we are still allowing the bald-faced lie that they are "Searching 100% of our comics".

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

SebAndSeb posted:

You know what it is? I let some scientists chop my dick off last night, my head is all over the place.

(Anyone got a link to that one? Didn't come up on ohnorobot)
The flow chart published in...GQ or Esquire I think?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Science can take that baby away for a fee

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello

Youremother posted:

I quote "Perfect Friends." almost on the daily.

It is horrible that we are still allowing the bald-faced lie that they are "Searching 100% of our comics".

Thank you kindly.

I wonder how that went down with the average GQ reader of the day?

Edit: or is that part a joke...? I got no sense of what GQ is tbh

SebAndSeb fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Apr 6, 2023

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
GQ stands for "Guy's Quarterly". This is because it is meant for Guy's.

mutantIke fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 6, 2023

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

mutantIke posted:

GQ stands for "Guy's Quarterly". This is because if is meant for Guy's.

If she is a down girl, she will read Guy's Quarterly.

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello
Hello is that Cha... Chris... Ornstead? This is Guy Quarterly, I'd like to commission a piece for the August issue of my lifestyle periodical, Guy's Monthly.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
PROKOFIEV, you gently caress smellers

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

achewood characters what died of covid: cornelius bear, sponge bath, teodor, todd squirrel

achewood characters what profited from the sale of bogus covid treatments: ray, pat, vlad

achewood characters who benefited from not facing the outside world for a year: beef

achewood characters driven mad by their spouse not leaving the house for a year: molly

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Cornelius did NOT die of COVID. Cornelius drove Teodor crazy by being overly careful and quarantining until way after the vaccine roll-out

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Teodor caught it but didn't die and now he's got Long COVID.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

Teodor caught it but didn't die and now he's got Long COVID.
finally, teodor thinks.

An excuse...

And then two small dogs enter the house yard. He reaches in terror for the nearby heap of broken bricks...

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
As none of the main cast are human and indeed about half of them are non biological in nature none of them in fact have caught COVID

Except Todd, somehow Todd has caught it 37 times, dying from about 15 of them

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, I was going to say, Todd has died of COVID enough that he's finally starting to get the hang of those word problems in the Hell Friendly's

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I could easily see Ray on both the scam list and the “died of” list. Possibly not in that order.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

If dying of cross-species Covid was like playing piano, Todd would be considered a bold and unpredictable new talent.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
If Ray existed in real-life 2023, he would go on Joe Rogan.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

PantsOptional posted:

I could easily see Ray on both the scam list and the “died of” list. Possibly not in that order.

I think Beef would keep Ray on the good side of things, but unsure if Ray would get the shot - he ain't usually too mindful of good sense.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Philippe posted:

If Ray existed in real-life 2023, he would go on Joe Rogan.

It'd be Ray agreeing to go on Rogan because "hell, yeah, man! Fear Factor guy!" Then a week of strips of Beef and Teodor trying to tell him that Rogan's actually gone way off the good path and Ray refusing to listen, culminating in Ray on Rogan where the entire second half of the strip is just Ray making the "I shot Phillippe with Airwolf" face.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Ray would be the one guy who made money off crypto, cos he met SBF and realised he should get out of all this nerd poo poo, because he pays attention

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

MikeCrotch posted:

Ray would be the one guy who made money off crypto, cos he met SBF and realised he should get out of all this nerd poo poo, because he pays attention

Ray spent a day learning about crypto, bought a bunch of one shitcoin, it immediately pumped to 100x what he paid, he sold it all the next day, and then spent the rest of the day forgetting all of the stuff he had learned.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Seriously! Can you imagine if a chick heard me talkin’ about Dogecoin? Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch! Her uterus would shut like an airlock!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
I just started learning Italian longsword and the manual we use is by this 14th-century knight named Fiore and in all the illustrations in the book he has the "master" portrayed like this:

and I can't help but think of this strip every time I see it

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Ray would have died of COVID because he has Hella diabetes

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Ray would've accidentally made the cure for covid while trying to make way too fancy a cocktail

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Pat would still be proudly posting about how he hasn't left his house in 3 years and uses bleach to wipe down every individual banana in his grocery deliveries. He calls in to radio shows to name & shame the garbage men he sees not wearing masks (Pat wears a mask when taking the trash to the curb)

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Pham Nuwen posted:

Pat would still be proudly posting about how he hasn't left his house in 3 years and uses bleach to wipe down every individual banana in his grocery deliveries. He calls in to radio shows to name & shame the garbage men he sees not wearing masks (Pat wears a mask when taking the trash to the curb)

I know at least two Pats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

disaster pastor posted:

It'd be Ray agreeing to go on Rogan because "hell, yeah, man! Fear Factor guy!" Then a week of strips of Beef and Teodor trying to tell him that Rogan's actually gone way off the good path and Ray refusing to listen, culminating in Ray on Rogan where the entire second half of the strip is just Ray making the "I shot Phillippe with Airwolf" face.

Dear ROAST BEEF,

I am sorry that I WENT ON JOE ROGAN AND LISTENED TO HIM SAY SLURS ABOUT THE GUYS ACROSS THE STREET FOR AN HOUR. It was my fault. I never meant for it to happen. I never dreamed it could.

I am also sorry that DON'T PUT MONEY IN THAT DOG CURRENCY HE ADVERTISED and that THAT 10-MINUTE CALL-IN TODD MADE WAS HILARIOUS THOUGH for a little while. I hope you feel the same way.

I mean this. I mean every word.

RAY!