Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Codependent Poster posted:

Some Fall of X stuff was announced. They put out a teaser with some titles that haven't been announced:

Also Kate is gonna be joining the X-Men and is getting a new costume and codename.

I hope this is proof that American ninjas are always cool, and American Ninja starring Michael Dudikoff is a classic, and part 2 is good too. Also Ninja 3: The Domination with Lucinda from Breakin'.

Against the Ninja is a great song, but I'm really all for the ninja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Heavy Metal posted:

Also Ninja 3

What about 3 ninjas

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

site posted:

What about 3 ninjas

Glad to see the Madrox/Pryde chimera is working.

Fall of X titles look intriguing. Dark X-Men and Children of the Vault coming out around the same time is probably not trying to evoke the late 00s, but it's certainly giving me flashbacks. Realm of X could end up being either the Spurrier or the Howard continuation, probably Spurrier since Howard's got Captain Britain right now. Very glad to see Immortal is still around.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Heavy Metal posted:

I hope this is proof that American ninjas are always cool, and American Ninja starring Michael Dudikoff is a classic, and part 2 is good too. Also Ninja 3: The Domination with Lucinda from Breakin'.

Against the Ninja is a great song, but I'm really all for the ninja.
Against the Ninja does present a viable alternative (taekwondo) at least.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rochallor posted:

Glad to see the Madrox/Pryde chimera is working.

Fall of X titles look intriguing. Dark X-Men and Children of the Vault coming out around the same time is probably not trying to evoke the late 00s, but it's certainly giving me flashbacks. Realm of X could end up being either the Spurrier or the Howard continuation, probably Spurrier since Howard's got Captain Britain right now. Very glad to see Immortal is still around.

Realm of X is supposedly Betsy stuff. Alpha Flight is supposed to have Sabretooth, so that's probably the Exiles continuation.

I'd also guess that Dark X-Men is Maddie and Havok.

Uncanny Spider-Man is pretty interesting.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Shadowcat now Shadowkat is still her best code name.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Aww I'm really gonna miss pirate Kate? We got too many ninjas in these books and not enough pirates.

Especially with Kate it's like...we done this before already? Girl you've been a ninja before.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Yeah I like that design but pirate coat poofy hair Kate was incredibly good and it's gonna be hard to compete with.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
why is she anime

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gologle posted:

why is she anime

because she was designed by peach momoko

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
this is the third or fourth time we've had ninja kitty we just now have a design by someone who knows the aesthetic instead of u"uhhh black leather catsuit that's what ninjas wear right"

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Isn't that the stylized watercolor japanese x-men AU that peach momoko has been doing for awhile?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Duggan turned Kate into a pirate and now he's turning her into a ninja. You gotta respect it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kate's been a teenage mutant ninja for most of my life!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maybe she's taking the piss out of Illyana going by Magik which is why she's now Shadowkat.

Also maybe they're dating now.

Do it, Duggan. Put Magik and Kate on the same team and have them be a couple.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
She phased out her curls.

I do like the outfit, though

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Fall of X is a good excuse for Kate to show how competent she is. Having the hacker ninja break into an Orchis facility is going to be pretty cool.

Avicus
Aug 31, 2007
Gentleman Bastard
Grimey Drawer
Might be a red herring, but I noticed Rasputin IV in the Fall of X poster (top right).

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Maybe she's taking the piss out of Illyana going by Magik which is why she's now Shadowkat.

Also maybe they're dating now.

Do it, Duggan. Put Magik and Kate on the same team and have them be a couple.

:yeah:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Avicus posted:

Might be a red herring, but I noticed Rasputin IV in the Fall of X poster (top right).

I think the original HoX/PoX poster had them too. The X of Swords one was also full of red herrings.

Never trust a poster

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Avicus posted:

I mean maybe she'll come back after however Sins of Sinister eventually reverts the timeline. She can always join the "I'm from an alternate future" club with Rachel and Bishop. They can start a book club.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

I mean maybe she'll come back after however Sins of Sinister eventually reverts the timeline. She can always join the "I'm from an alternate future" club with Rachel and Bishop. They can start a book club.

That or Sinister uses his knowledge gained from the future to recreate her.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

She has what, kitty, collossus, magik, wolverine and who elses power?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

frodnonnag posted:

She has what, kitty, collossus, magik, wolverine and who elses power?

Kate, Colossus, Unus, Laura, and Quire. Then the Soulsword as a weapon.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Kate, Colossus, Unus, Laura, and Quire. Then the Soulsword as a weapon.

Then what is magiks mutant ability? I thought the teleporting discs were her thing and not the sword.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

frodnonnag posted:

Then what is magiks mutant ability? I thought the teleporting discs were her thing and not the sword.

That's correct. Sinister got her a Suolsword somehow.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

That's correct. Sinister got her a Suolsword somehow.

Still not making sense. Magiks mutant ability is the teleporting discs.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't really get what your question is. that chimera has no magik in her, and thus does not have magik's mutant power. the soul sword got swapped around a bunch while illyana was dead, because despite its origins it is a physical object.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My understanding is that Illyana's soul sword isn't a unique thing in so far as others can have soul swords (or soul daggers), so maybe future Sinister figured out how make soul swords for chimeras. In any case, it's not Illyana's mutant power and the text is that there's no Illyana in Rasputin IV (unless Sinister is lying, and hey, wouldn't be the first time!)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it might well be the original. it's a dark alternate future, so what difference does it make?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Makes me sad Illyana is perma-dead :(

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

My understanding is that Illyana's soul sword isn't a unique thing in so far as others can have soul swords (or soul daggers), so maybe future Sinister figured out how make soul swords for chimeras. In any case, it's not Illyana's mutant power and the text is that there's no Illyana in Rasputin IV (unless Sinister is lying, and hey, wouldn't be the first time!)

Right, if there's no illyana in her, then why does she have her magic portal disc powers? It's In the single scene of her fighting she's using them in immoral x-men 2.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stepping discs are a limbo thing.

Magik’s mutant power is to summon them from limbo and control them. The Soulsword also has this ability (presumably because it’s made from her soul) useable by anyone who wields it.

Why does a biological mutation give access to something so explicitly magical and other dimensional? Shut up!

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
I can see why a reader would wonder about it though, because stepping discs can also teleport through time. Why bother looking for the Moira engine at all if you have a time machine and know where it was? Hell, would Sinister even need Moira anymore? My guess is that if it is referenced, neither Sinister or Rasputin IV know enough magic to travel through time via the stepping discs.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Aphrodite posted:

Stepping discs are a limbo thing.

Magik’s mutant power is to summon them from limbo and control them. The Soulsword also has this ability (presumably because it’s made from her soul) useable by anyone who wields it.

Why does a biological mutation give access to something so explicitly magical and other dimensional? Shut up!

this is basically the deal with wanda's chaos magic too, non?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wanda's mutant power is basically "does magic" yeah.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Once upon a time, but now she’s a non-mutant just born with inherited magical powers because of her family.

Unless they changed that again.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Wanda's not a Mutant anymore now she's *indistinct mumbling* but she at least has a really good solo series out.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

GOD IS BED posted:

I can see why a reader would wonder about it though, because stepping discs can also teleport through time. Why bother looking for the Moira engine at all if you have a time machine and know where it was? Hell, would Sinister even need Moira anymore? My guess is that if it is referenced, neither Sinister or Rasputin IV know enough magic to travel through time via the stepping discs.

I feel like every single writer forgets this because they realize it would break every story

except Bendis, who did not care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

My understanding was always that the time travel part of Ilyana's stepping disks was something she could only very rarely actively control.