Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Zeruel posted:

I don't think there have been any savage/extreme only spells, but they could be rewarded from "collect x/y/z number of spells.".
all I want... is triple :getin:

Feather Rain and Glass Dance were extreme-only spells in 50 cap, but 60 cap and 70 cap notably didn't have any spells from content you couldn't encounter in roulettes. that said, White Wind is both a totem spell and a trial spell, so they could easily just make Shockwave Pulsar the same

frankly Shockwave Pulsar is too iconic a blue magic spell not to include, so i'm sure the devs have a solution to the savage conundrum already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
anyone got a link to that fattest cat dodging limit breaks vid? my googling is weak

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I think I may have taken a wrong turn somewhere

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

hello thread, I haven't played in like 4 or 5 months and i'm planning on hopping in for the free login days in a few days, I have one question:

did anything positive or negative happen to scholars in that time?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

LegionAreI posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LZ-WQIbq-M

This made me smile and tear up like a dumbass at the end part. Also I didn't know that singer looked like that!

Yeah I pre-ordered the gently caress out of that when I first saw the trailer for the bluray of the concert. Yeah that $20 shipping makes it more of an ask but Soken's music and the Tokyo Philharmonic and 30 pieces? Worth it.

Macaluso posted:

I think I may have taken a wrong turn somewhere

No, no, left at albuquerque

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Apr 1, 2023

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

blatman posted:

after nerfing Expedient's sprint duration from 20 seconds to 10 seconds like a year ago it's remained unchanged

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

blatman posted:

hello thread, I haven't played in like 4 or 5 months and i'm planning on hopping in for the free login days in a few days, I have one question:

In 6.4 you can now ditch the fairy and return to Carbuncle.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Electric Phantasm posted:

In 6.4 you can now ditch the fairy and return to Carbuncle.

and yet you still can't have Feo Ul

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

quiggy posted:

and yet you still can't have Feo Ul

"hey guys can you wait before pulling, i can't get the drat phrase to summon my fairy"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

"hey guys can you wait before pulling, i can't get the drat phrase to summon my fairy"

"You actually need the punctuation"

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

"It's case sensitive, you need to actually capitalize their name properly."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

LegionAreI posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LZ-WQIbq-M

This made me smile and tear up like a dumbass at the end part. Also I didn't know that singer looked like that!

That's Jason Charles Miller. He was also the vocalist in Shadowbringers and To The Edge, the original English voice of Raubahn before the Heavensward actor shift, and to fans of Revengence is "the Rules of Nature guy". He's done a lot of voice acting and music for video games.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

"its Foe Ul"

"wait poo poo"

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

"it's OK, got it, was spelling suckor wrong"

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
"suckor? i barely knew 'er!"

"A party member has been dismissed."

On another subject, YouTube's algo recommended this challenge that seems interesting. This person's going through FFXIV entirely solo. No interacting with other players, and reducing NPC reliance as much as possible, including not using vendors or Trust/Duty Support NPCs. If you were ever curious about what hell being a pure solo omnicrafter puts you in, here you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otYNXalC_6k

There is a second video of the series up, where he's just got past Brayflox's Longstop.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Feo Ul is a pixie, not a fairy. See the difference?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Win the victory over yourself. Use mods

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/mane_tank/status/1592584718075109376

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Onean posted:

"suckor? i barely knew 'er!"

"A party member has been dismissed."

On another subject, YouTube's algo recommended this challenge that seems interesting. This person's going through FFXIV entirely solo. No interacting with other players, and reducing NPC reliance as much as possible, including not using vendors or Trust/Duty Support NPCs. If you were ever curious about what hell being a pure solo omnicrafter puts you in, here you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otYNXalC_6k

There is a second video of the series up, where he's just got past Brayflox's Longstop.

They are going to have a bad time once the reach the mandatory crystal tower raid.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I can only assume they've been informed of the mandatory multiplayer duties by a thousand people. Either they use that as an opportunity to abandon the gimmick or they just do it as close to the spirit of the thing as possible

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

apparently you can actually 3 man the alliance series

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Now I'm just trying to figure out the minimum player count you'd need for each alliance raid, assuming unsynchronized infinite-competence play. You'd need at least 15 for LotA (four for each Atomos pad + one to actually fight)...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Feldegast42 posted:

apparently you can actually 3 man the alliance series

How would you do the Atomos section in LotA?

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Antivehicular posted:

Now I'm just trying to figure out the minimum player count you'd need for each alliance raid, assuming unsynchronized infinite-competence play. You'd need at least 15 for LotA (four for each Atomos pad + one to actually fight)...

Just 12. You can take turns activating the pads

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Khizan posted:

Just 12. You can take turns activating the pads

Oh, you can clear the Atomoses serially instead of in parallel without hitting the enrage? Nice.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

Oh, you can clear the Atomoses serially instead of in parallel without hitting the enrage? Nice.
People would hate LotA at least 5x more if it had to be strictly parallel, since I've been in enough serially cleared runs with 20 people trying to kill Atomos at the same time while 4 people are fruitlessly telling chat to stand on pads.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I'm getting error 1012 (Version update is required) when trying to connect. Worked fine yesterday, no mods or nothing. Before I jump through hoops, anyone else getting this?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Yeah I pre-ordered the gently caress out of that when I first saw the trailer for the bluray of the concert. Yeah that $20 shipping makes it more of an ask but Soken's music and the Tokyo Philharmonic and 30 pieces? Worth it.

Is the pre-order only up on the JP store? I can't seem to find it on the Square-Enix EN store.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Thundarr posted:

Is the pre-order only up on the JP store? I can't seem to find it on the Square-Enix EN store.

Here ya go!

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/810930/eorzean-symphony-final-fantasy-xiv-orchestral-album-vol-3-blu-ray

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbAzu6mxrVc

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Thanks! Time to spend some more money.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Man, CC kinda irks my soul sometimes, but I'm only 2 levels away from getting the False Monarch Set.

A lot of "teammate runs in at the start and gets absolutely erased, and then keeps spamming 'Nice Job!' when things inevitably go south" this weekend

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

GloomMouse posted:

I can only assume they've been informed of the mandatory multiplayer duties by a thousand people. Either they use that as an opportunity to abandon the gimmick or they just do it as close to the spirit of the thing as possible

The dude in question seems very knowledgeable about obscure game mechanics (the different kinds of aggro used by brayflox trash mobs, which is something you'd only learn for, like, Eureka and POTD) and mentions that he's using an alt, I think he knows what Alliance Raids are

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

YggiDee posted:

The dude in question seems very knowledgeable about obscure game mechanics (the different kinds of aggro used by brayflox trash mobs, which is something you'd only learn for, like, Eureka and POTD) and mentions that he's using an alt, I think he knows what Alliance Raids are

Kinda disingenuous to ask “Is it possible to SOLO FF14” in the title of your video when you know the answer is clearly “No”, then again it is YouTube.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I mean we all know the answer is 'no', I just wanna see how far he gets and what nonsense it takes.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
Yeah going insane crafter for hours longer than it took to reach the dungeon to do the dungeon was great. I am ready for more insane nonsense to progress.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

:hmmyes:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

GloomMouse posted:

I think they plan on sticking to the spirit. The question posed in-video is, "How far can you get as a solo player, with as few exceptions as possible." Allowing for exceptions right off the bat seems to me that they plan on using as few people as possible and then moving on when forced to group up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/HyadainMaeyamad/status/1642173714744877056

I don't know enough context/Japanese to know if this is a cover of the track in-game or (given the number of people credited for vocals and being called the Hyadain Version) a production of the meme one, but something's going down in 9 hours and it seemed like something to put on people's radar.