Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
IIRC there was a thing back when the World's Youngest Garfield Licensee still actually had the license where he had a separate Arabic language instagram account that he seemed to use only to berate women on the internet.

He's got layers, and they're all awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

laserghost posted:

yeah, why you are not celebrating then?

I'm not sure delusional people are lying, technically.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
Did Garfield actually always want to be the center of attention? I know he didn’t like Nermal coming in and flaunting his cuteness but I thought he mostly wanted to be left alone and sleep in his bed

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
At this point, projection is the least of Nathen's concerns

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dachshundofdoom posted:

IIRC there was a thing back when the World's Youngest Garfield Licensee still actually had the license where he had a separate Arabic language instagram account that he seemed to use only to berate women on the internet.

He's got layers, and they're all awful.

Would love to see a list of all of Nathen's social media accounts. We've got Nathen, Nathfield, GarfieldEATS, eGeez, Arabiolosis, Scooby DooEATS and that's just twitter accounts.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I'm gonna nitpick: a word made of two other words mashed together is a portmanteau. An acronym is a set of initials turned into a word, like NASA and UNICEF

Knowledge is power!

I was actually referring to QMR and whatever the latest one was, which are just initialisms. Keep trying, you'll get it!

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

EEKA GEEK posted:

I was actually referring to QMR and whatever the latest one was, which are just initialisms. Keep trying, you'll get it!

You mean Qummer?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

EEKA GEEK posted:

"QMR" isn't an acronym, how would it be pronounced? Not every set of initials is also an acronym. And he's "famous" for creating and pushing his portmanteau entergagement, not creating sets of initials that can be pronounced as words,so that's what I thought you were referencing.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Powerful Katrinka posted:

"QMR" isn't an acronym, how would it be pronounced? Not every set of initials is also an acronym. And he's "famous" for creating and pushing his portmanteau entergagement, not creating sets of initials that can be pronounced as words,so that's what I thought you were referencing.

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

You mean Qummer?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I'm a big QMR

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
you'd think someone so obsessed with brands and the concept of brands would be accustomed to the idea of a holiday where every brand decides to get goofy

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

LvK posted:

you'd think someone so obsessed with brands and the concept of brands would be accustomed to the idea of a holiday where every brand decides to get goofy

He's looking at whoever is running the garfield twitter and thinking that should have been me.

Imagine how entergaged the garfmunnity would be when Nathen extolled to them the virtues of celibacy under the guise of a helpful jon arbuckle.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I can't believe this fuckstick made me defend brands on April Fool's day of all days

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

LvK posted:

Brands are serious business.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Big City Drinkin posted:

Did Garfield actually always want to be the center of attention? I know he didn’t like Nermal coming in and flaunting his cuteness but I thought he mostly wanted to be left alone and sleep in his bed

Yes, from the get go Garfield bullied Jon of course, and when Odie was introduced Garfield immediately was very mean to him. A continual gag in the strip early on was Garfield kicking Odie off the table.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

how did my picture get there

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Even with all the insane stuff he's said and done I didn't expect him to throw a hissy fit because he doesn't understand a joke.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

I think Nermal should get a restraining order against Nathfield. The legal ground is a little shaky since they are both cartoon cats, but this is pretty compelling proof that it's necessary.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lol

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

I can't get over the LGBTQ comment at the end

gently caress you, Nathen

gently caress you

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Made especially confusing because Nathen is gay. I am not sure what to make of it

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I can't get over the LGBTQ comment at the end

gently caress you, Nathen

gently caress you

It's very ambiguous if he's for a queer Nermal or against, honestly. Despite his declared celibacy, Nathen is openly gay, and the "anyway" sounds like an afterthought and not "What's next from you woke monsters?!"

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Frank Frank posted:

Made especially confusing because Nathen is gay. I am not sure what to make of it

self loathing on the other side of narcissism? I’m sure he’s jealous that we queers get to live our life freely while he’s beholden to daddy Arabia, and needs to put on a front or else the money spigot gets turned off. that in combination with whatever self internalized garbage comes with growing up in such a place

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
He probably doesn't consider himself a part of the LGBTQ community. It's easy for someone with a massive amount of privilege to not care about rights and representation of the people they have sex with.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I think Nathen might just be nathensexual

Or garfsexual

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

It's this

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I think Nathen might just be nathensexual

Or garfsexual

Oh no.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Yeah in his book he definitely confirms he was gay in high school through college, and he never told his parents cus he knew they wouldn't approve. But then afterwards he moved back to Saudi Arabia and became super depressed, and he mentions religion helped him deal with that - this is obviously just wild speculation but I wonder if he suppressed his sexuality then and has got some deep-seated issues with it due to all that? This isn't the first time he's spoken out as anti-LGBT, he was one of the ones super upset about the gay superman kiss a few years back. Maybe that's why he went celibate - he's not attracted to women, and doesn't want to accept that he's attracted to men, so may as well just do nothing!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I mean he literally wrote a book about how gay he is, dunno if that counts as supression

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Being gay also doesn’t immunize you to homophobia. I would hope it gives you pragmatic reasons to support gay sex being legal, but past that ?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
That’s depressing

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

What a loving wet fart after reading this whole thread front to back (increasing page skip velocity all the while), he’s just still a loser dork. I wonder if eGeez has the lawyering strength to survive a battle with someone that goes ahead and also launches eGeez/writes medium articles/skips the banging Garfield part.

This poo poo sucks Nathen sucks.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Nessus posted:

Being gay also doesn’t immunize you to homophobia. I would hope it gives you pragmatic reasons to support gay sex being legal, but past that ?
Yeah I remember in 2011 I was talking to an older gay guy who was taking a class at my university and I said in passing how I hoped we got the marriage equality nonsense figured out soon and he immediately raised his voice and started a tirade like "WHAT THE HELL HAVE WE DONE TO DESERVE MARRIAGE EQUALITY? MOST GAYS ARE SICK FUCKS BLAH BLAH" and I was like "k note to self never talk to this man again" so basically this is Nathen, he hates being gay and wants no good things for the LGBTQ movement as a result

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I believe that is called a "Log Cabin Republican"

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I am watching Matlock, and every time it goes “*dingleingleding* VIACOM” I feel my heart warm for this thread

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

MatlockEATS

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

I'm ready to become a fanvestor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003