Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 6/12-14/50

Archie 12/19-21/46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

End of chapter! Having read through the whole book, I do think Maruoka is starting to hit his stride with Haraiso here.

Cthulhu and Girl

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
OK, back to proper updates!

Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Mar 30, 1954)

Calvin and Hobbes (Mar 14-15, 1993)

Big Nate

Dunce

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 2, 2023

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Looks like you're missing the bottom panel on the March 14th Calvin and Hobbes.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I think I have given Home Free enough time to say it loving reads like a more animal-centric version of Rose Is Rose or Intelligent Life.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I think I have given Home Free enough time to say it loving reads like a more animal-centric version of Rose Is Rose or Intelligent Life.
I don't feel as if the premise has sufficient legs considering what it's established as its main jokes.

This Week's Content Feels Like When You Just Scrape The Bottom Of A Condiment Jar To Make Sure You Just Get Whatever Out You Can.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Harsh, but fair.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

That’s right Calvin. The Square Hole.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Following up on whatever the hell I thought I was doing with OOW today, Our Infinity House.

(The panel that actually ran on December 8, 1976, when Hotel California came out.)

(December 14, 1979, London Calling. It was either that or Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols, and really, gently caress John Lydon.)

(September 29, 1982...so, Thriller.)

But really, back to the old(er) days for a minute. (October 4-6, 1923)

Something sure to take the sting out of no Little Lefty tonight: Badge Guys, a short-run strip that asked the question, "What if Beetle Bailey, but they were cops who never did police work? By which I mean 'busting long-hairs'?" Art by Charles Bowen, written by Ted Schwarz (who wrote over 100 books, in addition to ghost-writing the John DeLorean autobiography). (March 1-2 and April 2, 1973, only a few months before being cancelled for ranking dead last in a survey of NEA client papers.)

And in place of literally everything else, A Secret Toy Surprise. Spoilered out of an abundance of muahahahahahahahaHAHAHAH. :unsmigghh:

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 2, 2023

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Cowslips Warren posted:

I think the non-animal parts are much better than the animal bits. Nothing amazing or anything like that, but the kid interacting with the animals is just bad.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

EasyEW posted:

And in place of literally everything else, A Secret Toy Surprise. Spoilered out of an abundance of muahahahahahahahaHAHAHAH. :unsmigghh:

You knew what you were doing. You put Badge Guys BEFORE this to discourage us from calling the cops on you.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Same time next year, then? :D

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

EasyEW posted:

mods?!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

EBB posted:

mods?!

MODS

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

maltesh posted:

Looks like you're missing the bottom panel on the March 14th Calvin and Hobbes.

I did that on purpose. I like it better that way. :colbert:

(It's fixed now)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

EBB posted:

mods?!
*clapclap*
SEIZE HIM

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Copper: Tell me, wife, have you heard of... open relationships?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I don't disagree with any of the criticism about Home Free. I've been hoping it would find its feet since the art is cute, but it really hasn't. Even judging it as a strip for kids, I don't know if kids would be into it either.

I'm posting strips from late January now at the rate of three week's worth per week, so we should be caught up before long. At that point I'll be happy to go with the thread's opinion on whether or not to shitcan it.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Julet Esqu posted:

I don't disagree with any of the criticism about Home Free. I've been hoping it would find its feet since the art is cute, but it really hasn't. Even judging it as a strip for kids, I don't know if kids would be into it either.

I'm posting strips from late January now at the rate of three week's worth per week, so we should be caught up before long. At that point I'll be happy to go with the thread's opinion on whether or not to shitcan it.

It's weird, and weird is good. It just seems like "indefinitely" is a really long time to milk a gag like that.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Apr 2, 2023

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Blueberry: You lot better appreciate the amount of translating in these pics, or Politics make strange bedfellows, or This'll be 'fun'!

Samovar fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 2, 2023

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (April 29, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pondus

Storefri

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

What is it with Arn and wolves?

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 15, 1956)

Medenmath posted:

Prince Valiant

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

FoxTrot

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Wow, what do I want less than Ed Kudlick in my morning paper? Imagining Ed in some kind of malfunctioning speedo.

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin

CzarChasm posted:

Wow, what do I want less than Ed Kudlick in my morning paper? Imagining Ed in some kind of malfunctioning speedo.

Ed Kudlick at half mast, his dick and balls flapping in the wind.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Mutts

Sidney and the Hat

Peanuts (April 4, 1976)

Cranky Shafterbean

Rip Haywire and the Curse of Tangaroa!

Popeye

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I can't say I'm a fan of Mutts in general, but their body language is great.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 4/1/03

Brenda Starr 9/14-16/50

Smokey Stover 11/1/53

Everyday Movies 4/9/36

"I never take the kids unless there's a comedy. They get restless after they've seen the picture twice and want to go home."

(Back then, buying a ticket to the movies let you stay in the theater as long as you wanted.)

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 3/13-15/41

Yes, it's Comics Amnesia, the kind that's immediately caused (and cured) by a whack on the noodle.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

EasyEW posted:

Sidney and the Hat

Strong resemblance to Thompson & Thompson

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

*Thomson

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

EasyEW posted:

Sidney and the Hat

Ah, so they murdered the mom and Sidney is covering it up

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 3/13-15/41

Yes, it's Comics Amnesia, the kind that's immediately caused (and cured) by a whack on the noodle.

"Hey I'm in a town I don't know surrounded by people I don't know and I just woke up from a traumatic head injury but I feel fine actually can i just go"
"yeah sure"

i love this comic

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Hwurmp posted:

*Thomson

Right, where I'm from they're called Dupont and Dupond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail