Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The Chad Jihad posted:

Wait does this mean bullock is like, 100 years old

Probably his dad or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
He says "Avery Bullock, made senior by the birth of my son this morning" or something like that.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The ending of the episode also had a shot of young Bullock who looked just like the Bullock we know but small.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I won't lie, I was multitasking :cripes:

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

LOL at Roger getting the shapeshifting alien caught by the CIA.

I thought that the story was that Roger was freed from CIA by Stan. Does that mean that the Roger has been the shapeshifter all this time?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i was assuming that roger got caught later on, much closer to when stan rescued him

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

The Chad Jihad posted:

Wait does this mean bullock is like, 100 years old

Is that so hard to believe?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Is that so hard to believe?

Poor Patrick Stewart certainly looks close to that on Picard. I get nervous watching him since he looks so fragile.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Poor Patrick Stewart certainly looks close to that on Picard. I get nervous watching him since he looks so fragile.

He sounds it now, too. In the course of watching Season 12 to current a while back it was like hearing Bullock's voice getting slowed incrementally season-to-season; each year a little more pitched down and a little breathier.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I like to think there's a long line of identical Averies stretching back through history, always head of whatever intelligence operation is contemporaneous. Averinus Bullocus, Chief of Frumentarii.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mx. posted:

i was assuming that roger got caught later on, much closer to when stan rescued him

Going by the episode where Stan and Francine travel back to the past Roger gets caught sometime between 2003 and 2009 (ignoring the fact that the show started in 2005.)

Roger mentions to past Stan that they met 12 years ago and present Stan in the past meets a free Roger sometime after marrying Radika which is a year and change after they went back, which was 2001.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Brawnfire posted:

I like to think there's a long line of identical Averies stretching back through history, always head of whatever intelligence operation is contemporaneous. Averinus Bullocus, Chief of Frumentarii.

Kind of like Nurse Joy :keke:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/hausofdecline/status/1642629689473654785?s=46&t=zpYUUMLitkL1LQfCkNP_qA

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Professor and the Coach
Season 20, Episode 2 - 3rd April, 2023
Hayley tries to help Roger write a book about being a teaching professor.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
BAZOOKA SHARKS

NOOOOOOOOOOO

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DIVE ON IN

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Just go...

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Oh poo poo, it's already Monday :stare:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I missed the ep, dang

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Just so you know: I was the professor and the coach the whole time.

That was a fun Haylee and Roger episode.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I loved the family A) just silently staring at static and B) getting annoyed when the static was interrupted. It was so delightfully surreal.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

e: aw i thought it was up on tbs but it's only the first five mins
boo

time to go to the alternative source

Mx. fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Apr 4, 2023

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Alxprit posted:

I missed the ep, dang

Same :sympathy:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

All right, found a way to watch it. Classic. Very enjoyable episode. Feels like it had a little of everything.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

That episode was chock full of goodness

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Dive on in

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

He was a balloon!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Jeff rap at the end was worth the wait

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Sigh... if Jeff hadn't done that rap, we Ottawans would have had the Bazooka Sharks.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

To be fair, they're a terrible team. Especially since they lost Johnny Concussion.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I don't know what it says about me that as soon as Steve said "Never..." I knew where it was going.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
You really just should not mess with Barry.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
"My Christian wife"

(Also children.)

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I love that Roger was just Urban Meyer.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kwyndig posted:

To be fair, they're a terrible team. Especially since they lost Johnny Concussion.

Johnny Concussion ALWAYS gets back up!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

We soft-boilin' our eggs in here?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Stan should have crashed into the college's flag pole by having to swerve to miss Roger, could even have had a snappy Roger line about getting to still do it today. It just didn't feel like the episode started without that crash my brain kept waiting for it even as Jeff is rapping.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I loved the family A) just silently staring at static and B) getting annoyed when the static was interrupted. It was so delightfully surreal.

It was such a great example of this show's weird voice and style. Also, the fact that a main character is effective a vegetable for the entire episode, and this goes mostly uncommented on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Jeff rap at the end was worth the wait
Lol that was excellent.