Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I'm putting in my vote for After School Mate for being both gay and trans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

im using my op veto for that one
we could go back to the old style of subtitle where it was used to passive aggressively tell people to read a series
The first was absolutely a joke, but I think the real answer is a good option.

Recommending one of the ongoing thread-favorites is also a very good use of the subject, and should give plenty of chances to change it in the future, and also occasionally let people talk about which manga they currently like a lot.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i have reread her tale of shim chong. it was still good. i really am a mark for this type of folklore retelling though.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I really like Bloom Into You, to the point where I read the three light novels (good) and the two anthology manga (whatever). I just finished watching the anime and I'm bummed that they'll never finish it.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/agu_knzm/status/1629698788536516608

The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All vol 1 is going to be out soon in Japan.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

We now have a chapter 2 of this series.

In other news~
Scans of 2DK have completely finished up finally.
With a Lady Who Likes My Sister has been getting new scans again.
Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatuski and School Zone are still going strong.

And finally, Love Thy Neighbor, has 20 chapters to dive into now. Basic conceit is a woman in college takes in an older lady neighbor being harassed by debtors to protect her. Its as messy as it sounds.
e: oh should probably mention NSFW

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 22, 2023

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

Scans of 2DK have completely finished up finally.
:comfyoot:

Also excited for the other stuff, but...

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Going by the numeral in Mangadex, I'm afraid that School Zone chapter is an extra that had been released before the hiatus announcement, just hadn't been translated yet. I might be wrong, though.

I'm not even sure if Restaurant of the Awkward People counts as yuri since technically it's still ~subtext~, but there's a bunch of new chapters and it seems that now there's at least other characters who can sense the vibes between these dumbasses.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its an extra, but its a strong extra so "its still going strong"~

and yeah restaurant of the awkward people fits the thread whether or not its "technically" yuri

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I let go of the premise it was subtext when one of them got super happy her wallet spent the night at the other persons house

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Is the mangaka pulling a Higashiyama Shou?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh totally missed that Moon on a Rainy Night was getting new scans on mangadex just not dynasty.

i really enjoy kuzushiro's offbeat intensity, i prefer living with my brother's wife between the two but its nice to see that quality in a work that is being a bit more upfront with its game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise posted:

living with my brother's wife

i miss heidi

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Snooze Cruise posted:

Oh totally missed that Moon on a Rainy Night was getting new scans on mangadex just not dynasty.

i really enjoy kuzushiro's offbeat intensity, i prefer living with my brother's wife between the two but its nice to see that quality in a work that is being a bit more upfront with its game.

As a note, The Moon on a Rainy Night is getting a physical release by Kodansha! First volume set to be out in September.

Living with my Brother's Wife (which I also prefer) is licensed in English but only digitally through Square Enix' God awful MangaUp platform that I will never pay for. Hope it comes out physically some day!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise posted:

With a Lady Who Likes My Sister has been getting new scans again.

And the rest of these went up. Lacking end but that is how i felt for most of the series so oddly appropriate lmao. Guess we'll see if their new series does any better.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
I previously posted about translating the comedy 4-koma Matazoro by horoda, and I've now finished both currently released volumes. I really recommend checking it out if you haven't, particularly if you liked Bocchi the Rock and are looking for another gay kirara with an off-kilter sense of humor and an at times uncomfortably relatable protagonist. It's surprisigly nuanced and goes some rather interesting places, I love the volume 2 story a lot.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Terry van Feleday posted:

I previously posted about translating the comedy 4-koma Matazoro by horoda, and I've now finished both currently released volumes. I really recommend checking it out if you haven't, particularly if you liked Bocchi the Rock and are looking for another gay kirara with an off-kilter sense of humor and an at times uncomfortably relatable protagonist. It's surprisigly nuanced and goes some rather interesting places, I love the volume 2 story a lot.

a big thanks for your work on this - it's a good manga and i don't think i would ever have heard of it if you hadn't posted here. (and i think from twitter that you did the whole thing as a one-person 'group' with a weekly release schedule, which is real impressive.)

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh yeah so the official translation has caught up to the scanlation on Witch's Servant and there's three new chapters up. You gotta read it on your phone, which sucks, but you can at least read it free with the daily credits they give you on your account. It's good!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Phone-reading is terrible accessibility for visually impaired people - no matter what's done with the text, it's never good.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

im dying

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

I Am Fowl posted:

Oh yeah so the official translation has caught up to the scanlation on Witch's Servant and there's three new chapters up. You gotta read it on your phone, which sucks, but you can at least read it free with the daily credits they give you on your account. It's good!

hate the app but love getting more witch's servant so it balances out :toot:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

If you've just finished 2DK, G.Pen, and Alarmclock like me, you should probably also check out the afterstory and a single-chapter spin-off - the latter of which appears in an anthology that also contains a bunch of other good stories.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Phone-reading is terrible accessibility for visually impaired people - no matter what's done with the text, it's never good.

Yeah it's loving wretched; the only way you can get that stuff to display on a computer is various third party stuff that makes phone software work on PC.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I Am Fowl posted:

Yeah it's loving wretched; the only way you can get that stuff to display on a computer is various third party stuff that makes phone software work on PC.

If you're on linux, you can plug your phone in with usb and use scrcpy to display the phone's screen on your desktop and operate it with the keyboard and mouse, which is a lot easier to get running and marginally less wretched than reading on the actual device. There are presumably similar tools for OSX and Windows.

Of course, what I actually want to do is read it on my tablet, which doesn't run android in the first place -- it's basically just a dumb terminal with a web browser and PDF reader in it -- so that doesn't help me. So at this point I'm resigned to not reading Witch's Servant. :sigh:

At least 2DK is finished, I'm looking forward to that.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Anyone have a good 🏴‍☠️ place for the official Witch's Servant translations?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Finished Weird Voices Coming From the Room Next Door and 2DK, G-Pen, Alarm Clock.

Voices I didn't actually like that much; the premise of cute poly lesbian antics is catnip to me but the execution just did nothing for me and it felt like it kept introducing new characters rather than giving more depth to the characters it already had. 2DK, on the other hand, was extremely tasty and I enjoyed it a lot!

skaianDestiny posted:

Anyone have a good 🏴‍☠️ place for the official Witch's Servant translations?

If I did, I'd be reading it there :argh:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Senpai, oishii desu ka?

*Actually university life

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Finished If You Could See Love. Mixed feelings about it. I was really enjoying it, but it felt like it ended really abruptly, and it also felt like it spent most of the series polybaiting Mia-Sayo-Rinna -- especially with the introduction of the poly teachers, so we know Mia knows about the concept! -- and then at the last minute does a hard swerve to a Mia-Sayo dyad. And like, yes, they're cute together, but so are Mia and Rinna, and Rinna and Sayo! Let all the lesbians kiss, Mikami Teren :(

Absum
May 28, 2013

ToxicFrog posted:

Finished If You Could See Love. Mixed feelings about it. I was really enjoying it, but it felt like it ended really abruptly, and it also felt like it spent most of the series polybaiting Mia-Sayo-Rinna -- especially with the introduction of the poly teachers, so we know Mia knows about the concept! -- and then at the last minute does a hard swerve to a Mia-Sayo dyad. And like, yes, they're cute together, but so are Mia and Rinna, and Rinna and Sayo! Let all the lesbians kiss, Mikami Teren :(
Yeah I was following as it released and it felt very abrupt. It got cancelled because it wasn't doing well. I'm guessing either the ending got changed because of that or it was the intended ending but we hadn't gotten to the needed build-up/character development yet so it just kind got really quickly skipped through in the final chapter.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Considering Mikami Teren's other stuff it was definitely not the intended ending and I wonder if there was something editorial going on there.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I finished the last volume of Doughnuts Under A Crescent Moon yesterday. I thought it was really good, but I think it also suffered slightly from probably having been cancelled early. When the two women finally confess to each other, there is a cute little bit where one basically says "Uh so I'm ace and I struggle to tell people that because it scares them off" and the other goes "Dang, that's perfect because so am I" and they live lesbianly ever after.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

https://twitter.com/yenpress/status/1644482691054686208

Everyone's favourite landlord manga getting an english release!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am going to buy seven copies!!!!!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
broom yuri offering up 2 new chapters today
im liking it~ you could say it has swept me off my feet! ho ho ho~
but yeah between this and ring my bell, yeongol does some good stuff

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

There's a sequel to Still Sick, which is the :nws: Still Sick: Still Life.

It's very powerful :kimchi:

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Alder posted:

The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All vol 1 is going to be out soon in Japan.

Went down to the bookstore today and picked it up:

Aya's hair, apparently, is red:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Alder posted:

Had never actually read this before, thank you for mentioning it. So soft and fluffy and cute

Edit: eeeeee! I'm pretty sure the protagonist is just me in a different life, I relate to this poo poo so much...i should tell my wife about this manga

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 19, 2023

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

:same:

I'm glad everyone liked reading it since it's p fluffy and heals me.

https://twitter.com/agu_knzm/status/1648610827279437825

Alder fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 20, 2023

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Another cute and thirsty series has been completed:

https://mangadex.org/title/6fe56296-e980-4321-8a7b-bc8b4e2750c8/the-sheep-princess-in-wolf-s-clothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

That looks cute, thank you!

A large part of why I follow this thread is to find out when things complete.