Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I never claimed it was the best season. For me, it was just an enjoyable experience with a great cast and it never felt like it stalled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

As a middle-aged Chicago queer having The Baton, Mimi Marks, Monica Munro, and Chilli Pepper mentioned on Drag Race made my heart sing.

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi
Latest EP of Drag Race Sweden was a wild ride. This elimination came completely out of left field and was hard to watch, but it also was the only way it could have ended. Loreen är så jäkla dryg.
I'm really enjoying this series. I was worried before it started that it would just be nonstop cringe, but they've managed to avoid all of that, and it feels like a very swedish take on things in the most natural way.

Since me and the hubby are total drag race pigs by now, we've also been watching Drag Race Belgium.
It's alright.
Rita Baga is a fun host.
The contestants are contesting.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I can't believe they have the balls to say that M³ vs Anetra was the best lipsync they ever watched but didn't burn their extra episode on a double shantay for that one. I mean I know why they did it because Marcia would've destroyed the Rusical as a theatre kid and then there's no guarantee that they could get rid of her in the makeover challenge so they'd be stuck with a finale they didn't want.

Farg posted:

(thinking so hard my brain catches fire) the drag race show is enslaved to woke diversity quoatas

I mean it's a reality TV show they literally write a narrative for each queen and decide who gets to stay and who gets to go. Considering that Ru had controversy over being transphobic not too long ago there's big PR value to the brand if they can get a trans queen to win. Similarly the show has been criticized for years that there hasn't been a big queen winner ever so any competent big queen gets a big push to the end. The only quotas they have are the ones they have set for themselves for advancing Ru's brand.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
loving Latrice Royale should have been the first big queen to win how do you gently caress that up so badly

Is a rhetorical question

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
I ended up getting the 24 hour mtv pass to watch it. I'm thinking I'll do the same for the finale instead of waiting for Amazon to get around to uploading it.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
A bit of an anticlimax episode because there were so many signals they were going to go with a top four. Every talking head heavily leaned that way with so much emphasis on how they're only doing a top 3 this season. I thought the lip sync itself was a little lacking, so even on that basis it all felt predetermined and thus, a little lifeless.

Ah well, it's a deserving bunch. All 4 of them are the best of the season and I feel happy for Luxx and Mistress Isabelle. I'd love to see a double crowning of Anetra and Sasha Colby, but I think it's Colby's to win.

There feels like some inevitably going into the last episode (and god damnit I hate waiting 2 more weeks), but I also know that Anetra is going to do some stunt that will cause me to jump out of my loving seat and lose my poo poo in the lip sync, so there's that

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
In other news, Jinkx Monsoon is going to be playing a major role in the new Dr Who series.

https://variety.com/2023/global/news/doctor-who-jinkx-monsoon-drag-race-1235568659/

Those were words I never thought I would say but I live.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

jimmydalad posted:

In other news, Jinkx Monsoon is going to be playing a major role in the new Dr Who series.

https://variety.com/2023/global/news/doctor-who-jinkx-monsoon-drag-race-1235568659/

Those were words I never thought I would say but I live.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
asdklfkghjnlskedkfjhg sa;dlfkjg;alsedfkjfg p;alwkerjhrl;qakjwlhe asd[spodfg ha;sldflgkfjq ;324;rtlkhj;laeskdjffp;alekdsf fg[0q9234ur5p o;kandsf g;aldsfdkj gf;alskjd f

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Wrestling is Drag exhibit #943

https://twitter.com/abbipaperbag/status/1642670847021178881?s=46&t=8KKebf_I_w7lq1l6aaBcbQ

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Looks like a gay Jeff Jarrett :swoon:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Bookish posted:

I ended up getting the 24 hour mtv pass to watch it. I'm thinking I'll do the same for the finale instead of waiting for Amazon to get around to uploading it.

You can do this forever over and over by opening up a private browsing window, keysmashing into the email field, and putting "@gmail.com" at the end of it. It only checks cookies, not IP. I've been using this method to watch the last 5 or 6 seasons (when i'm not watching over discord with a british friend via netflix/bbs iplayer)

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

https://twitter.com/PeachesChrist/status/1642983625078583297

Goddamn. That is way too young.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

:smith: That's incredibly upsetting. She was usually in her brunches or had a part in her plays and I always wanted to see... well, any of them. It's sad that now I never will. She sounded like a funny, witty, bright light in the drag scene that's now gone.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
She was a judge on Dragula S2, as well. (Context for folks who don't follow usually follow drag stuff.)

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

6 RuPaul's Drag Race queens launch stand-up comedy specials

quote:

The comedy queens are coming, and EW has an exclusive reveal of the premiere dates for an exciting roster of stand-up specials from RuPaul's Drag Race royals.

Six former Drag Race contestants will debut new comedy shows on digital on-demand platforms in the months ahead, including sets from All Stars 4 champion Monét X Change, All Stars 6 competitor Ginger Minj, season 1 winner Bebe Zahara Benet, season 6 legend Darienne Lake, season 9 trailblazer Peppermint, and All Stars 7 winner and upcoming Doctor Who star Jinkx Monsoon.

In collaboration with Comedy Dynamics and Tribeca, all of the specials will be available in on Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV, Google Play, YouTube, Vimeo, and cable providers worldwide.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

psyched to see more of Monet, Peppermint and obviously Jinx continuing her ascendance to the a-list, but the idea of a Bebe Zahara Benet comedy outing has me really curious

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Not the AS6 competitor, Ginger Minj!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

:perfect:

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Say what you will about the Webby Awards, but I was amused by how hard Trixie is bodying this category.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY_FB1H8FWY

:allears:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Bob absolutely slaughtered

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

angerbeet posted:

Bob absolutely slaughtered

Takes no prisoners, left no crumbs, seriously.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Salina is still very much in her feeling during the reunion. I was also shocked that it was a 2 hour reunion.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Same for the 2 hours, I was not expecting that and did not plan my refreshments accordingly. Irene once again pulled a bunch of screen time so kudos to her.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Glad some of the queens screwed by the Weho debacle got a decent reunion edit. Robin had more screen time than her run in the competition, and it was all positive. Poppy had one of the funniest reunion looks and some good jokes. Aura got to show off the look she would've eaten up the rest of the girls in.

Jax got done dirty again, being erased from the lip sync discussion.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

gandlethorpe posted:

Jax got done dirty again, being erased from the lip sync discussion.

:wtf:, that's a huge bummer. Jax was my favorite "underrated" of the season (I would have put her much higher, the Heathers look was adorable :allears:).

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I also really liked Jax and didn't get the critique on her plaid look but it was fun seeing how everyone who said Mistress lost the lipsynch against her stood by that in the reunion.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
This was very funny that wasn't addressed at all at the reunion

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I immediately clocked it and was in love but yeah, they should have and I hope someone gives Poppy her props for it.

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
most viewers weren't born when it first graced our screens

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
god, luxx and mistress are so exhausting

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Mistress got far too much screen time in the reunion. She's the nexus for a lot of drama so of course she gets to put in her two cents every section. I feel like Poppy had some funny things to say but she got what, one line in two hours?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Drag Race Belgique: This was Drag Couenne's game to lose and she came to PLAY. The final look, I agree with the judges, wasn't revolutionary, but it was solid. The surprise from her headpiece was done by Sasha too. Still, she revealed it at the perfect time! Her part when she took on the male voice in the lipsync before the rap was a stroke of comic genius! Much congratulations on her win! Much deserved.

What wasn't deserved? The judges hate-on Susan's final look. She looked like a power bitch lesbian aunt and that's what she goes for! She doesn't WEAR gowns, that's not her drag character. Withing these qualities, she still managed to shine on the runway. I just think the producers didn't want someone who could dance (considering she was in pants) going up against Couenne.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Raccoonboy posted:

god, luxx and mistress are so exhausting

Agreed. I get a sense that production thought fans would take to them a lot more than they ended up doing, but I was sick of Luxx's sneery-faced confessionals even before Irene went home.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I mean, they made for good TV and generally excelled in challenges, but I can honestly say this is the first* season with 2 legit "villains" in the finals, even if the edit didn't seem to make them out to be so.

*some early seasons might qualify, but everyone was a militia scunt back then.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

I mean, they made for good TV and generally excelled in challenges, but I can honestly say this is the first* season with 2 legit "villains" in the finals, even if the edit didn't seem to make them out to be so.

*some early seasons might qualify, but everyone was a militia scunt back then.

Speaking of that, I just rewatched season 3 and its Untucked for the first time since it aired. That was the good poo poo. So many great moments and Mimi Imfurst is even worse the second time around. Raja would definitely be considered a villain by today’s standards.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Can someone explain why Poppy's look was so funny? Thanks in advance because I genuinely don't know

Who gets congeniality this season? I'm thinking Spice, comedy option Loosey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Flyinglemur posted:

Can someone explain why Poppy's look was so funny? Thanks in advance because I genuinely don't know

it's almost identical to Rebecca Glasscock's entrance look in season 1, an incredibly funny low standard of "just rocking up in jeans and a shirt"

i'd vote Selina for Miss Con