Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Pook Good Mook posted:

I mean the recaps and morning show poo poo.

That T on Clark is as bad as I've seen in a long time unless there's something we missed there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lmao that ref is straight up power tripping

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Somewhere Sheed shudders

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dead serious, they need to fire the ref that called that tech.

Everyone watching this game, mostly because of Clark, and then you have terrible officiating then call that tech on her. It's a joke and it's going to ruin any chance of people coming back to watch NCAA Women's Basketball.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Watch Mulkey’s feet every time it’s LSU ball

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

LSU playing Hack-a-Ginger with O’Grady

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kim Mulkey is leading this game in minutes right now and I mean that unironically

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I legit thought they were going to T up Iowa's coach for going out on the court to call that timeout

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Dango Bango posted:

I legit thought they were going to T up Iowa's coach for going out on the court to call that timeout

At that point Iowa would have just refused to play the game for fear of dying from irony poisoning

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Codependent Poster posted:

Dead serious, they need to fire the ref that called that tech.

Everyone watching this game, mostly because of Clark, and then you have terrible officiating then call that tech on her. It's a joke and it's going to ruin any chance of people coming back to watch NCAA Women's Basketball.

Yeah it’s wild. Like, I’m the target audience for this game in particular: a casual WBB fan (I watch the Razorbacks and then will randomly tune in if a game gets a lot of hype or is on easy to watch). I made sure to tune in to watch this, and it will probably be the most watched WBB NCAA final ever. And… the fix is in from the refs. Really hard to keep watching or want to come back.

Like, I just don’t know how this isn’t a T and what Clark did is

https://twitter.com/garmansports/status/1642635083856191500?s=46&t=l3BNUY1tDwZOYN9ilB4yAg

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

chaoslord posted:

Yeah it’s wild. Like, I’m the target audience for this game in particular: a casual WBB fan (I watch the Razorbacks and then will randomly tune in if a game gets a lot of hype or is on easy to watch). I made sure to tune in to watch this, and it will probably be the most watched WBB NCAA final ever. And… the fix is in from the refs. Really hard to keep watching or want to come back.

Like, I just don’t know how this isn’t a T and what Clark did is

https://twitter.com/garmansports/status/1642635083856191500?s=46&t=l3BNUY1tDwZOYN9ilB4yAg

Jesus Christ that would be the same official

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WHAT

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Fouled out after 2 legit fouls

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Really wish ESPN would've shown a replay of that screen

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Officiating aside, I'm thinking this is part of what you pay for when you go against South Carolina. There's no way a team can be 100% 2 days after playing them.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm kinda shocked and I guess I shouldn't be.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

Kim Mulkey is leading this game in minutes right now and I mean that unironically

https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/1642643362791448576?s=46

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
LSU's offense was just so fuckin good at getting open shots...and then they made what seemed to be every single open shot.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

marioinblack posted:

Officiating aside, I'm thinking this is part of what you pay for when you go against South Carolina. There's no way a team can be 100% 2 days after playing them.

This probably plays a part in things for sure. Just like that Gonzaga UCLA game that was amazing a couple of years ago and then the Zags had nothing a couple of days later.

Also LSU has for real played an awesome game and I feel kinda bad for everyone but Kim Mulkey that the story is going to be the refs.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Really wish the officiating hadn't taken Iowa out of this game

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Athanatos posted:

LSU's offense was just so fuckin good at getting open shots...and then they made what seemed to be every single open shot.

Did the same thing in 4Q against us. They definitely took advantage of the opportunity, hats off to them

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Athanatos posted:

And they've only shot one three in the third and fourth quarters. Unbelievable.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Could really do without this update on Kim from Holly Rowe.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Grittybeard posted:

This probably plays a part in things for sure. Just like that Gonzaga UCLA game that was amazing a couple of years ago and then the Zags had nothing a couple of days later.

Also LSU has for real played an awesome game and I feel kinda bad for everyone but Kim Mulkey that the story is going to be the refs.

Reminds me of the 2017 F4 too where Miss State won at the buzzer against UConn and ended the 100+ game win streak then got overwhelmed by Carolina's defense in the title game.

Sometimes it just works out that way.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Dango Bango posted:

Really wish the officiating hadn't taken Iowa out of this game

Yeah, I was bummed after that first half but it was genuinely impressive basketball and I’d you get beat because a team shoots like that more power to them

But when Iowa started to come back it fully turned into ref ball and that’s lovely for everyone

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Soooooooo close LSU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/BenScottStevens/status/1642638654957924357

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Mulkey was on the loving side logo there

Really wish one of the Iowa players would "accidentally" run into here

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The biggest troll job the refs could pull now is warning and then T-ing Mulkey up for being on the floor at this point of the game, I suddenly really want that to happen.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I really like LSU's players but holy poo poo Mulkey is immediately one of my least favorite people in college sports

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Yeah a lot of people will focus on the refs and the refs were poo poo, but LSU played a pitch perfect game. It's not their fault the refs made the calls they made, but it is their fault that they could not miss an open shot.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS BABYYYYYY

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

GET 100

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That was a hell of a series there for LSU to run the shot clock down and then hit the 3

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Maryland fans watching Angel Reese with a blank unemotional gaze

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

LSU dropped a hundred on us, that’s incredibly impressive and everyone played out of their minds, they earned this

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lmao Angel Reese rules

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Well I'm not gonna watch another game LSU is in again because all of a sudden my hatred for their coach is as great as it's ever been for any sports personality.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Codependent Poster posted:

Well I'm not gonna watch another game LSU is in again because all of a sudden my hatred for their coach is as great as it's ever been for any sports personality.

Wait until you see her opinions on Britney Griner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT