Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Before Ivalice:

After Ivalice:

I'm so glad the Sky Pirate top dropped like the second time I ran Orbonne as DNC (first time dropped pants, shoes, and "gloves"), the fights are great, but it's a bit of a slog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Dareon posted:

Before Ivalice:

After Ivalice:

I'm so glad the Sky Pirate top dropped like the second time I ran Orbonne as DNC (first time dropped pants, shoes, and "gloves"), the fights are great, but it's a bit of a slog.

Would you say you succumbed to the current of life, its judgment swift and final, its bite as cold as steel?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Bruceski posted:

https://twitter.com/HyadainMaeyamad/status/1642173714744877056

I don't know enough context/Japanese to know if this is a cover of the track in-game or (given the number of people credited for vocals and being called the Hyadain Version) a production of the meme one, but something's going down in 9 hours and it seemed like something to put on people's radar.

It's a remake of the joke version from years ago, but with stills of the FFXIV bosses when the performers aren't singing. It's still fun, if only for the Cagnazzo singer.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Oh fuuuuck you get housing vendor permits from max rank with the loporrits

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Black Mages are probably my favorite dance partners. I know they have top-tier damage output so my buffs are put to maximized use, and they're reliably in one spot for me to find and stand next to to double-dip a Curing Waltz, and I like to think they (and the healer) particularly appreciate it when I chip in to heal after they sit and eat an orange circle.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SuperKlaus posted:

Black Mages are probably my favorite dance partners. I know they have top-tier damage output so my buffs are put to maximized use, and they're reliably in one spot for me to find and stand next to to double-dip a Curing Waltz, and I like to think they (and the healer) particularly appreciate it when I chip in to heal after they sit and eat an orange circle.

I feel a lot like Ralph Wiggum doing his "I'm helping!" line when I hit Curing Waltz for a couple thousand healing after a stack marker and someone whose job it is brings the 20k.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Believe me BLM see a heal they appreciate it

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dareon posted:

I feel a lot like Ralph Wiggum doing his "I'm helping!" line when I hit Curing Waltz for a couple thousand healing after a stack marker and someone whose job it is brings the 20k.

Yeah me too. I love that feeling, sincerely. I've been trying to Curing Waltz more when there's damage to a couple people from a partially missed mechanic than post-raidwide though, to make it feel more worth it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It isn't much, but standing on your partner when casting it at least gives each of you double the healing potency, plus for anybody else standing nearby.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I think the tokens for the next step of the Manderville relic should be purchasable with cowries.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Finally got the PvP Gear set so I can get away from this dumpster fire until 6.5, but in my last couple of games, I noticed a Monk who would sometimes use Guard but moved away super fast like they popped sprint as well

I wasn't experiencing a DC and everyone else was moving normally except this monk who would Guard and then zoom the gently caress away at times, what in the gently caress even was that

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

I think the tokens for the next step of the Manderville relic should be purchasable with cowries.

The last step will available from a Moogle Tomestone event. Fastest way to get enough is to have a team of Level 80 Blue Mages.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

MechaX posted:

Finally got the PvP Gear set so I can get away from this dumpster fire until 6.5, but in my last couple of games, I noticed a Monk who would sometimes use Guard but moved away super fast like they popped sprint as well

I wasn't experiencing a DC and everyone else was moving normally except this monk who would Guard and then zoom the gently caress away at times, what in the gently caress even was that

Do monks get their teleport in pvp? It lets them jump to an enemy or party member, so it's pretty versatile.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

MechaX posted:

Oh there will be new rewards in 6.4 so you aren't safe at all. Also probably a good source of moogle tomestones when that rolls around.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

MechaX posted:

bobtheconqueror posted:

Do monks get their teleport in pvp? It lets them jump to an enemy or party member, so it's pretty versatile.

It's this, the Monk was Guarding then using Thunderclap to jump to a distant teammate so you couldn't just immediately stun them as soon as Guard wore off. In PvP, Thunderclap also gives Monk faster attack speed and an overshield to the teammate they teleport to (or themself if they teleport to an enemy).

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I thought it was Thunderclap at first too but like, the Monk was still in the Guard bubble while zooming; could be a glitch?

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
I finally absorbed enough loporrit life essence to perform this most sacred and profound act.

Ha ha, look at me go! (Though, it'd be nice to have an option to just do the pose and hand gesture without the bunny ears appearing too. A bit extra, that.)

The elements in the framer kit Coiningway sells at bloodsworn are also top notch.

Crackerjack fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 3, 2023

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

MechaX posted:

I thought it was Thunderclap at first too but like, the Monk was still in the Guard bubble while zooming; could be a glitch?

It's entirely possible it's just latency, Frontlines is easily the most taxing thing this game does to my computer and I'm constantly seeing my character animation lock for a second.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Akett posted:

It's entirely possible it's just latency, Frontlines is easily the most taxing thing this game does to my computer and I'm constantly seeing my character animation lock for a second.

Hit Final Fantasia, can still run around, ten seconds later I'm frozen as it plays the animation. No clue what it looks like to other people.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Orthos 50 down with my group. That was a fun boss to sightread.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1642845613590028290

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Dang forgot about the downtime day today and I didn't get my weekly tomes q_q

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Electric Phantasm posted:

In 6.4 you can now ditch the fairy and return to Carbuncle.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I don't play SCH but I vaguely know that there is an "eat fairy" button and I am always a fan of Saturn Devouring His Son memes

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/thatjaykart/status/1641793458829664262

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The PvP cosmetics track doesn’t reset until 6.4, right? I’m close to 25 for the armor set

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

The PvP cosmetics track doesn’t reset until 6.4, right? I’m close to 25 for the armor set

Correct

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

if anyone's been putting it off we still have like 6+ weeks to get through the pvp battlepass so take some time to hop onto frontlines roulette. I think at this point it'll take some nights of running more than once but you can still spread it out over time pretty easily.

some quick numbers from reddit:

cc can get you there faster if you feel like grinding it out, too.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Last patch cycle I waited until the week before patch day to start out grinding PvP ranks for that dragon mount and I absolutely do not recommend it unless you already love CC a lot. get some games and frontlines roulettes in here and there before then

Like, the queues will be pretty drat short in the days leading up to patch day but holy gently caress some of the players I saw then were insane and a lot made liberal use of the “nice job!! Good match!!” buttons even more than usual

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah it's not so bad if you hit Frontline Roulette every day. I've been doing that probably 5 times a week since 6.3, y'know not even hitting it every day actually, and I'm almost Rank 23 on the battle pass. Meanwhile I've been getting excellent XP for my secondary-priority jobs.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I've either been doing a frontline on most days, or if its a Secure day, a trio of CC matches and i'm nearly there.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Vitamean posted:

if anyone's been putting it off we still have like 6+ weeks to get through the pvp battlepass so take some time to hop onto frontlines roulette. I think at this point it'll take some nights of running more than once but you can still spread it out over time pretty easily.

some quick numbers from reddit:

cc can get you there faster if you feel like grinding it out, too.

Oh good, I thought it was over today. I was content with the linkpearl emote but I guess I probably should grind out the mount.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

So what do you guys think could be done for Secure to make it suck less? I'm really having a hard time thinking of how it could be adjusted. I like to think simpler is better, so maybe if, instead of the drones, mid was just one constantly-active control point with a little more cover on all sides, and the outer control points were moved to the base of the mid tower? And the contested CPs between the home CPs could be worth more than the home ones, but less than the mid one?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

what if i just really really hate frontline a lot

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

for reference, the three big rewards this season are
-level 5) the linkpearl emote (if you've ever heard the linkshell ping unprompted in a crowded area, it's someone else using the emote which emits the sound to everyone, very cool!)
-level 15: the "allagan melon" mount

-level 25: this armor

Chillgamesh posted:

So what do you guys think could be done for Secure to make it suck less? I'm really having a hard time thinking of how it could be adjusted. I like to think simpler is better, so maybe if, instead of the drones, mid was just one constantly-active control point with a little more cover on all sides, and the outer control points were moved to the base of the mid tower? And the contested CPs between the home CPs could be worth more than the home ones, but less than the mid one?

the jump pads they had in the Slaughter variant were unironically good and I think they should at least bring those back to cut down on travel time, because as it stands the map is Way Too Big.

Kerrzhe posted:

idk, do cc or cope

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Vitamean posted:

the jump pads they had in the Slaughter variant were unironically good and I think they should at least bring those back to cut down on travel time, because as it stands the map is Way Too Big.

Oh Jump Pads sound like a lot of fun. Maybe they could add some kind of Launcher Ramp leaving mid too that goes towards the contested CPs

Kerrzhe posted:

CC is a lot different than Frontline and super fun imo. Just make sure you know what all your PvP skills do and remember that how many casts of Recuperate you're sitting on determines how long you can afford stay in a fight. Also, my precious Ninja got nerfed again :qq:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chillgamesh posted:

Maybe add a third set of bases or move the bases that are directly in front of the respawn point further out so trying to capture them is more reasonable. Just something to break up the dumb stalemates that always happens between drone spawns.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

(i was being facetious, i just cringe physically anytime someone suggests "oh just do a frontline every day")

i hate frontlines with a passion and i find CC to be moderately decent, so if i try and get series rank 25 again this time i will probably just do that. i forget how much series exp you get for frontlines but i think i mathed it out that (if the queues aren't terrible) CC is just way more time efficient. plus i have an actual chance of winning.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Chillgamesh posted:

To me, Secure has 3 problems. First, it takes loving forever. Second, while it is taking forever there is tons of pointless downtime. Third, it doesn't really have a lot of pvp in it. So however they fix it, they need to do it in a way where matches end faster and people actually fight instead of doing some mid pve and then loving off to rotate through each other's bases, almost never colliding.

If I were going to fix it, I would move the 3 bases significantly closer to the center to make contesting them easier. I would also have small drones spawning all over the place constantly. More frequent large drones in the middle. I would also have the middle spawns show up as invulnerable and untargettable for a minute just to give people time to get up there and scrap.

Joke option I thought of is to Thunderdome it. Couple minutes before the big nodes spawn, center area gets a generic +10% damage buff and whichever team gets the most kills in the central area is the only one that can actually damage the nodes that spawn there when they do. But this can change hands while the drones are alive so if more people get killed a different team can maybe steal some nodes. Obviously a problem where a snowballing team just wins harder but eh, better to get rolled quickly imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Failboattootoot posted:

Joke option I thought of is to Thunderdome it. Couple minutes before the big nodes spawn, center area gets a generic +10% damage buff and whichever team gets the most kills in the central area is the only one that can actually damage the nodes that spawn there when they do. But this can change hands while the drones are alive so if more people get killed a different team can maybe steal some nodes. Obviously a problem where a snowballing team just wins harder but eh, better to get rolled quickly imo.

You just gave me a great idea: every 2-3 minutes a few players from each team are chosen at random to fight it out in the center like those solo instances in Bozja where everyone watches you die.