Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Tuna-Fish posted:

PersKeKo 2.0: Kokoperse

Ei todellakaan. Minipuolueet ovat just oikea paikka kylähulluille. Jos ne kaikki tsiljoonaa eri natsipuoluetta pyärittävät olisivat sen sijaan ajamassa ehdokkaita persuissa tai kokoomuksessa niiden mielipiteillä olisi paljon enemmän vaikutusta.

Esimerkkinä sinimustien entiset persunuorifasistit. Eipä ne toisaalta kyllä kummoista vaikutusta tehneet, kyllä se olisi persuille suurempi haitta ollut jos nämä olisivat jatkaneet puolueen sisällä. Ano Turtiainenkin sai peräti 600 ääntä.

Hjallis sen sijaan ansaitsisi tunnustuspalkinnon. En tiedä onko sillä mitään muuta syytä jatkaa kuin kiusata Orpoa.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Hjallis vei tasan yhden paikan kokoomukselta, eli hyvää työtä tekee.

Sillä välin äänirajan alapuolella joku nevöhööd Vapauden liitto sai 0.9% äänistä?
Oliko nämä joku persuista irtaantunut poppoo vai keitä nää on, kun en hirveänä ole heistä kuullut?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Ei, ne irtautui VKK:sta koska ne kuulemma tykkäs liikaa Putinista

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Suomen äärioikeisto persujen ulkopuolella on sirpaloitunut n+1 eri ryhmään ja pikkupuolueeseen jotka kaikki vihaa kaikkia muita yleensä pienistä mielipide-eroista johtuen

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Issaries posted:

Sillä välin äänirajan alapuolella joku nevöhööd Vapauden liitto sai 0.9% äänistä?
Oliko nämä joku persuista irtaantunut poppoo vai keitä nää on, kun en hirveänä ole heistä kuullut?

VKK erosi persuista, sitten myöhemmin vapauden liitto erosi VKK:sta.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Suomen äärioikeisto persujen ulkopuolella on sirpaloitunut n+1 eri ryhmään ja pikkupuolueeseen jotka kaikki vihaa kaikkia muita yleensä pienistä mielipide-eroista johtuen

Sama pätee äärikeskustaan eli Paavon puolueisiin.

Wikipedian mukaan Seitsemän tähden liike keskittyy tällä hetkellä 2024 pressanvaaleihin joissa Paavo on mahdollisesti ehdolla. En epäile hetkeäkään.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 2, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

will NATO be an issue in government formation or have all skeptical parties flipped to pro in the last year?

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Issaries posted:

Hjallis vei tasan yhden paikan kokoomukselta, eli hyvää työtä tekee.

Suurin osa on jäsentenvälisissä monoa saaneita persuja, jotka liittyvät ensin Anon puolueeseen, mutta kyllästyivät valta kuuluu kremlille–puolueen meininkeihin.

Persuissa puoluesihteerin puhdistukset ennen vaaleja ovat muodostuneet jo perinteeksi.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

i say swears online posted:

will NATO be an issue in government formation or have all skeptical parties flipped to pro in the last year?

Being NATO-sceptic seems like a political suicide at this point.

Glah
Jun 21, 2005
voi perse

Everyone has flipped, there really aren't any skeptical parties in parliament anymore. The most NATO critical parties pre-invasion actually were in the government that pushed membership through, new government will most likely be formed by people who'd been pro-NATO even before the invasion. Dunno what that would mean to potential American bases on Finnish soil, don't really see it as a realistic possibility even after NC becomes the PM party.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

DanTheFryingPan posted:

Being NATO-sceptic seems like a political suicide at this point.

Purra has walked back even from euroskepticism to fit into kokpers.

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle

A majority of MPs who votes against NATO didn’t get re-elected, previous parliament already voted for the membership as well.

It also included automatic support for Sweden’s membership so demanding their withdrawal from Eurovision contest is no longer an option.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
This is literally worse than the 2016 US election night.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Literally only 2 of the people who voted against joining the Nato retained their seats:
Veronika Honkasalo and Anna Kontula. Both from leftist Alliance.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Glah posted:

Dunno what that would mean to potential American bases on Finnish soil, don't really see it as a realistic possibility even after NC becomes the PM party.

There's little acute need, Finland has stronk defense forces unlike e.g. Estonia. Russia is poised to increase presence at the border but it's not going to be a credible threat as long as Russian T-55's are needed in Ukraine.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

DanTheFryingPan posted:

This is literally worse than the 2016 US election night.

Worse in sense, that we as Finns didn't really have to give a gently caress about American election results?
Because I'd rather have Persus than replace them with Trump Jugend.

Glah
Jun 21, 2005

Nenonen posted:

There's little acute need, Finland has stronk defense forces unlike e.g. Estonia. Russia is poised to increase presence at the border but it's not going to be a credible threat as long as Russian T-55's are needed in Ukraine.

Yeah exactly. The priority is to secure Swedish membership so all the planning and integration of Nordic defense gets finished, never mind securing the important logistics side of things. American base would only act as a tripwire force, it wouldn't really bring any real benefit in relation to FDF unless they'd bring a force similar to what they have in Central Europe. Only thing American base would achieve is to antagonize Russia even more. And while Russia at the moment is acting like a humongous rear end in a top hat rogue state foreign policy -vise, there's always room for Russia to become even more assholish. So why take the risk for a small benefit of tripwire base?

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Issaries posted:

Worse in sense, that we as Finns didn't really have to give a gently caress about American election results?
Because I'd rather have Persus than replace them with Trump Jugend.

I ran out of drinks much sooner and nothing's open nearby.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015

Issaries posted:

Literally only 2 of the people who voted against joining the Nato retained their seats:
Veronika Honkasalo and Anna Kontula. Both from leftist Alliance.

Maybe Katja Hänninen argueably. Matti Semi and Johannes Yrttiaho lost their places to more charismatic newcomers, thank god. All of them lost a few thousand votes but so did everyone else except Li. And Markus Mustajärvi wasn't ehdolla.

Meadowhill fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 3, 2023

Hiekkakauppias
Mar 26, 2008

OJ's humble beginnings in acting helped prepare him for the media spotlight in Calgary
My main target in voting was that Yrttiaho would get the boot and it happened. Small victories, since i knew that the racists and grynderit would get the most votes in this hell timeline.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
So, the poor will get poorer and Kokoomus will 'fix the economy'. Not necessarily in that order.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
^^^^
No I work and am sorta median and I will get poorer too, only the richest will be better off. I can't wait to see how they will try and destroy the country over the next 4 years.

Apes-A-Poppin posted:

It's seemed weirdly possible then, there was a lot of hype, people getting conscious about the environment and all that. Melting like the greens did now is somewhat odd when the upcoming climate catastrophe is closer than ever. Perhaps they cannot answer that crisis in a satisfactory way - or more likely people don't care none.

People care way way way more abut the price of gas. I said if SDP wanted to win they should've cut the gasoline or car tax or both, of course that would probably have torpedoed the government since the greens heads would explode.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

His Divine Shadow posted:

I can't wait to see how they will try and destroy the country over the next 4 years.

Ulkomaiset sijoittajat are salivating already.

3,20 ja jämät kuulostaa ihan reilulta hinnalta koko maan pohjavesistä, eikö vaan?

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Obviously it doesn't mean anything in terms of seats, but as the talking heads start to bang on about what a complete rejection of this government's policies this result was it's worth keeping in mind that overall the government parties retained a majority in the share of votes cast (the slightest possible with 50.1%, but still). That hasn't happened since 2003. Not a victory by any stretch of the imagination but certainly not a complete rejection either.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Forktoss posted:

Obviously it doesn't mean anything in terms of seats, but as the talking heads start to bang on about what a complete rejection of this government's policies this result was it's worth keeping in mind that overall the government parties retained a majority in the share of votes cast (the slightest possible with 50.1%, but still). That hasn't happened since 2003. Not a victory by any stretch of the imagination but certainly not a complete rejection either.

Tuttu listasi vaalipiirien viimeisimmät sisäänpäässeet ja ensimmäiset tippuneet.
Onnetar potki demareita munille:

Kokoomus: 3 in, 2 out
Perussuomalaiset: 2 in, 2 out
SDP: 1 ln, 6 out
Keskusta: 2 in
Vasemmistoliitto: 1 in, 1 out
Vihreät: 1 in, 1 out
RKP: 1 in
Kristillisdemokraatit: 1 in

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Forktoss posted:

In actual seats the result is also exactly 100/200. There's no way to form a functional majority government in this situation without at least one of the old gov's party crossing over, nor can the old government continue without some support from the old opposition.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Trying out some possible coalitions here. Hoping I haven't fumbled with the numbers.

Trying out KOK+SDP coalitions
KOK+SDP+KESK+RKP = 123 seats

If keskusta goes into opposition
KOK+SDP+RKP = 100 seats
KOK+SDP+RKP+KD = 105 seats
KOK+SDP+VIHR+RKP= 113 seats
KOK+SDP+KD+RKP= 105 seats

KOK+PERS coalitions
KOK+PERS+KESK = 117 seats

KOK+PERS+KD = 99 minority govt.
KOK+PERS+KD+RKP = 108 seats
KOK+PERS+KD+VIHR= 111 seats
KOK+PERS+VIHR+RKP = 116 seats

I don't think it's likely that a coalition with the greens and KD would work, and RKP in a perus govt might be unlikely too but I think less so. They might stay in since last time they stayed out things weren't so nice for them, and it'll poison the true finns to have to compromise with RKP so it might be the best way to hurt Perus for RKP to join in coalition.

I don't see the left getting in anywhere in this.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

KOK+SDP+RKP = 100 seats likely but not safe
KOK+SDP+RKP+KD = 105 seats the safest bet
KOK+SDP+VIHR+RKP= 113 seats maybe if they're desperate

KOK+PERS+KD = 99 ideologically sound but a minority government in Finland? gently caress no
KOK+PERS+KD+RKP = 108 seats not gonna happen
KOK+PERS+KD+VIHR= 111 seats nope
KOK+PERS+VIHR+RKP = 116 seats hahaha no

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Liike Nyt as the kingmaker baby!

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

People care way way way more abut the price of gas. I said if SDP wanted to win they should've cut the gasoline or car tax or both, of course that would probably have torpedoed the government since the greens heads would explode.
key to Finnish politics: pensan hinta

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Going into kokpers would be absolute suicide for kepu right now. PS has drawn a huge amount of votes from them in two consecutive elections, and they're not going to get any of those back by supporting their main rival in a Sipilä 2 Talouskuri Boogaloo coalition when that was what started the huge downward spiral in the first place. Their best hope for regaining any kannatus would be to be the biggest non-leftist opposition party to a kok+ps coalition (which would in that case require cooperation by rkp and kd). Their second-best option would be opposing a messy sinipuna, but even then ps would be the biggest opposition party and probably overshadow them.

Kok+ps+rkp+kd is unlikely though because it requires rkp support, and they're bound to be hesitant to work with ps. What might sway them is the threat of kok+ps+kesk, but like I said I think kesk is hoping for the opposite. And if rkp is the kingmaker anyway then they have no reason to choose kok+ps over kok+sdp+vihr/kd. (I actually think vihr is the more likely choice here, the majority with kd is pretty slight and vihr is probably eager to put their puisto-osasto pleiseri back on now that collaborating with the left has bit them in the rear end.)

So if kepu stays in opposition, it's sinipuna for sure. The trouble is that any kok-led coalition without ps portends PM Purra in 2027. So it depends on if kepu wants to play it safe and hope that four years in opposition gains them some seats back and they're on track for recovery in the long term for 2031 and beyond, or if they want to go all-in to Sipilä Redux with four years of complete misery for everyone in the hope that PS craters even worse than they do and that come 2027 they are in a better position to pick up what remains of the smouldering ashes of their shared base.

Kok+sdp+kesk(+rkp) is technically an option too I guess but I see even less reason for kesk to go with that than any of the other choices, not least because having an all-vanhat puolueet coalition would spell kissampäivät for PS in opposition. But it's kepu and they're desperate so who the gently caress knows

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Herman Merman posted:

key to Finnish politics: pensan hinta

I would say yeah, at least where I live.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

Forktoss posted:

Going into kokpers would be absolute suicide for kepu right now. PS has drawn a huge amount of votes from them in two consecutive elections, and they're not going to get any of those back by supporting their main rival in a Sipilä 2 Talouskuri Boogaloo coalition when that was what started the huge downward spiral in the first place.

Nah, the demographic hammer was going to come down on Keskusta anyway. There just isn't a place for a major farmer's party when there aren't many farmers left. They've been coasting on Boomer and Gen-X nostalgia for decades, but that momentum is running out now.

Sipilä's Kok lite was an attempt to spin the party into a new direction, but ultimately isännät gonna isännöidä.

Also, I don't think Li has particular reason to be disappointed. Vas never has and never will be more than a minor party, but it's a perennial fixture in the political field. The swings and roundabouts are just the usual noise.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Nah, the demographic hammer was going to come down on Keskusta anyway. There just isn't a place for a major farmer's party when there aren't many farmers left. They've been coasting on Boomer and Gen-X nostalgia for decades, but that momentum is running out now.

Oh yeah there's a bigger trend than just Sipilä, but I don't think that the current death spiral was inevitable. Plenty of people live in the bönde and who they vote for matters electorally, and just because they're not farmers anymore doesn't mean they automatically stop voting kesk, it's just that kepu has absolutely bungled that generational shift and those people now vote for ps. I do think that the Sipilä gov and siniset taking its stain off persut was a significant turning point and did not help at all in fighting that trend.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Forktoss posted:

Oh yeah there's a bigger trend than just Sipilä, but I don't think that the current death spiral was inevitable. Plenty of people live in the bönde and who they vote for matters electorally, and just because they're not farmers anymore doesn't mean they automatically stop voting kesk, it's just that kepu has absolutely bungled that generational shift and those people now vote for ps. I do think that the Sipilä gov and siniset taking its stain off persut was a significant turning point and did not help at all in fighting that trend.

Yeah they just vote for PS now instead. Sipilä really hosed it up.

And I just head Saarikko said they will be in opposition now. So no coalitions involving kepu.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Saarikko swears that kepu will be going into opposition this time.

However, keep in mind: kepu pettää aina

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

Forktoss posted:

"Plenty of people" being about 27% of the population and shrinking. It's not nothing, no, but it's absolutely not a solid voter base any more.

Venstre in Denmark managed to become the Kok of the country, but no other Nordic agrarian party has survived the demographic shift as a major party. 🍀 Is a party out of time.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
In my electoral district the only change in seats was Kepu losing one seat to Cocks. Otherwise, it was just bit of shuffling who exactly got in, but the other parties' number of seats remained the same.

Saatanan savolaiset suoörkit perkele, osaa edes äänestää saatana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Trying out some possible coalitions here. Hoping I haven't fumbled with the numbers.

Trying out KOK+SDP coalitions
KOK+SDP+KESK+RKP = 123 seats

KOK+SDP+RKP = 100 seats
KOK+SDP+RKP+KD = 105 seats
KOK+SDP+VIHR+RKP= 113 seats
KOK+SDP+KD+RKP= 105 seats

KOK+PERS coalitions
KOK+PERS+KESK = 117 seats

KOK+PERS+KD = 99 minority govt.
KOK+PERS+KD+RKP = 108 seats
KOK+PERS+KD+VIHR= 111 seats
KOK+PERS+VIHR+RKP = 116 seats

I don't think it's likely that a coalition with the greens and KD would work, and RKP in a perus govt might be unlikely too but I think less so. They might stay in since last time they stayed out things weren't so nice for them, and it'll poison the true finns to have to compromise with RKP so it might be the best way to hurt Perus for RKP to join in coalition.

I don't see the left getting in anywhere in this.

You can add +1 to RKP for the Åland Islands representative who while not formally part of RKP is basically independent RKP seat.