Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Dont gently caress around with rotating equipment, it can and will kill you. As a tornado is the largest type of rotating equipment it hungers for flesh accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

The best IDAT videos are where he's legitimately worried about the thing he's created/the forces he's working with.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Drone_Fragger posted:

Dont gently caress around with rotating equipment, it can and will kill you. As a tornado is the largest type of rotating equipment it hungers for flesh accordingly.
holds true when the same rule is applied to the spinning earth

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

All I can think is "How are you going to change those light bulbs?"

I think the glass is just held in by its own weight, so you use the sucker handle thingies to lift it back up.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Peg Sliderskew posted:

I think the glass is just held in by its own weight, so you use the sucker handle thingies to lift it back up.

But they also said it weighs almost 300 pounds and in the video requires three guys to put into place.

What I'm saying is, those lightbulbs will NEVER be changed.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

But they also said it weighs almost 300 pounds and in the video requires three guys to put into place.

What I'm saying is, those lightbulbs will NEVER be changed.

It's fine, they're LEDs, the box said lifeti--well, poo poo.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
I'm wondering what they're doing with the water down there. Is it natural groundwater that seeps in and out? Does it ever get murky and gross? Will mold grow on the walls?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Alkydere posted:

The best IDAT videos are where he's legitimately worried about the thing he's created/the forces he's working with.

Hed be less afraid if he wore some gatdam shoes

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Do they have those in Australia?

New previously unreleased footage from 9/11

https://i.imgur.com/vHbJ0zA.mp4

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Sagebrush posted:

I'm wondering what they're doing with the water down there. Is it natural groundwater that seeps in and out? Does it ever get murky and gross? Will mold grow on the walls?

Don't know where they are exactly, but it's a great conduit for contamination to get in the groundwater and contaminate a neighboring well if they're out in the sticks somewhere. 300 years ago, well casings weren't known for their water tightness or for the digger's ability to seal them properly.

Hope they gave insurance to cover them if that results in someone else's water supply getting hosed up.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Rigged Death Trap posted:

He gets a shitload of comments from people telling him he has nice feet so I think he's concluded they're moneymakers and must be on display.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/YEGLR27.mp4

There must be a better way.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

There must be a better way.

Air Canada just throws your bags straight out of the plane into a waiting dumpster and says it was lost. They don't even need the baggage carousel, much more efficient from a labour cost standpoint.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Blue Footed Booby posted:

He gets a shitload of comments from people telling him he has nice feet so I think he's concluded they're moneymakers and must be on display.

eh, 5/10 at best

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

HolHorsejob posted:

eh, 5/10 at best

lol yeah I'm not the target audience, but I stumbled on a youtube comment chain full of comments like "ooo new IDAT dropped 🦶❤️💦" with randos at the end going "yo what the gently caress" and "ok I guess he does have nice feet but could we not??"

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

VictualSquid posted:

More nice scary signs:

quoting from a couple pages ago to post one of my favorite signs I once saw hiking in New Hampshire;

(not my pic)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
my assumption is that the people making the various scary stick figure warning graphics have a great time

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Beef posted:

Not even boiled. He rolls up the nettle leave in a certain way and just chews on it raw that way.

okay how about no

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Google Jeb Bush posted:

my assumption is that the people making the various scary stick figure warning graphics have a great time
Unlike the people who the stick figures are representing.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Do you really want to let a sign in the woods call you a loser?

You are responsible for your own badassery.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Cthulu Carl posted:

All I can think is "How are you going to change those light bulbs?"

All i can think of is walking into the kitchen in the middle of the night and hearing splashing

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sagebrush posted:

Now that they've added light something will definitely grow. Probably just algae.

But that's good, algae will make the bricks nice and slippery so monsters can't climb up.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Facebook Aunt posted:

Now that they've added light something will definitely grow. Probably just algae.

But that's good, algae will make the bricks nice and slippery so monsters can't climb up.

Well monsters come out of the television though.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

ekuNNN posted:

"Obsessed with this kitchen renovation where they found a 300 year old well under their kitchen and instead of filling it all in they made it a feature, like it's SO cool this well was so important and then forgotten and now being celebrated as part of the history of this house I love it"
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rscj98x2aJ1w6zn0l.mp4

The Portswood Hotel in Cape Town, South Africa did this too when they found an old prison well from the 1860's.

Wonder if the people in that house had been to that hotel before.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://v.redd.it/k8alsebijfra1/DASH_360.mp4

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Sagebrush posted:

you mean like that big ring of black mold already on the well wall?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Should use that cable to make eye brows.

Mustached Demon fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 3, 2023

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Mustached Demon posted:

Should that cable to make eye brows.

Personally I've really been far even as decided, to use even go want to do look more like.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

Personally I've really been far even as decided, to use even go want to do look more like.
Do you smell toast...?

Edit: nevermind - didn't see you'd quoted the unedited post

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

wesleywillis posted:

Don't know where they are exactly, but it's a great conduit for contamination to get in the groundwater and contaminate a neighboring well if they're out in the sticks somewhere. 300 years ago, well casings weren't known for their water tightness or for the digger's ability to seal them properly.

Hope they gave insurance to cover them if that results in someone else's water supply getting hosed up.

It's the UK (I could tell this without the audio on), nobody* takes their water from wells here that would be insane and like something you'd get in a place with medieval infrastructure like the US.

*Alright, nobody that isn't living on a remote island or that has deliberately done a "I'm going to build a house with no utilities because I like to make my life difficult".

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez-dG4qgK6I

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

It's the UK (I could tell this without the audio on), nobody* takes their water from wells here that would be insane and like something you'd get in a place with medieval infrastructure like the US.

OK but you’ve got bats in your roof cistern contaminating your hot water lines.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Apr 3, 2023

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

The...pilot? Co-pilot? I'm going to presume pilot because he looked mad at the end. Some idiot tour flyer touching things he shouldn't.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

LostCosmonaut posted:

quoting from a couple pages ago to post one of my favorite signs I once saw hiking in New Hampshire;

(not my pic)

Obligatory:

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

*Alright, nobody that isn't living on a remote island or that has deliberately done a "I'm going to build a house with no utilities because I like to make my life difficult".

Maybe not a well by name, but my parents old house got it's water from a borehole on the neighbouring farm and was only ~10 miles from the city so not particularly remote.

Really nice water as well coming out of a chalk aquifer, UV treated (tested yearly), and hard enough that you could almost chew it but none of the chemically chlorine taste I frequently get from the mains water where I live.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

LostCosmonaut posted:

(not my pic)

I once did the angel’s landing trail at Zion and thinking about it now gives me the willie nelsons.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

MrYenko posted:

Obligatory:

Hm, I dunno. They seem awfully protective about this place. I bet it's a place of honor, where great deeds are commemorated and it's full of valuable things. I'm gonna go check it out

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Kit Walker posted:

Hm, I dunno. They seem awfully protective about this place. I bet it's a place of honor, where great deeds are commemorated and it's full of valuable things. I'm gonna go check it out

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The Blue Hole in Dahab, Egypt is a dive site with this selection of gravestones as a warning.

It's claimed hundreds of victims, mostly amateur divers who get confused by the clarity of the water and try to pass through a cave that is 100m down

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

All of your rural houses are connected to municipal water supplies? I find that hard to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Atticus_1354 posted:

All of your rural houses are connected to municipal water supplies? I find that hard to believe.

Bore holes or streams, and then filtered, usually.

So depends if bore holes count as wells ?!?