Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kalli posted:

I'm just glad that women's sports have come far enough that people get insanely angry about them. That's my america

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hey, one of these derailments worked out for the locals!

https://twitter.com/David__Erickson/status/1642682190466281476

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 3, 2023

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Grittybeard posted:

Hey, one of these derailments worked out for the locals!

https://twitter.com/David__Erickson/status/1642682190466281476

poo poo, usually we gotta wait for the last weekend of summer before UM gets back in session to see that much beer floating in the river

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Kalli posted:

I'm just glad that women's sports have come far enough that people get insanely angry about them. That's my america

I've been having a good time tonight watching men on Facebook melt down over Angel Reece doing the "u can't see me" hand back at Caitlyn Clark even though the latter did it at an opponent at another game. Somehow when she does it, it's just poo poo talking, but when Angel did it it's "classless" and "she should stay humble."

I think the big man feelings are hurt because the women brought it home before the men. They don't like that.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Braksgirl posted:

I've been having a good time tonight watching men on Facebook melt down over Angel Reece doing the "u can't see me" hand back at Caitlyn Clark even though the latter did it at an opponent at another game. Somehow when she does it, it's just poo poo talking, but when Angel did it it's "classless" and "she should stay humble."

I think the big man feelings are hurt because the women brought it home before the men. They don't like that.

I would assume it’s a racist thing.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Spoeank posted:

SourKraut being overwhelmingly normal in here

This is like the third poster I’ve never seen before in a couple of months Kramering into the FF Chat thread being weirdly aggro for no reason, it’s kinda weird tbh. Of all the threads on the forum

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I would assume it’s a racist thing.

¿Por qué no los dos?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Braksgirl posted:

I only note this as in looking through a magnifying glass at a bug trying to figure out how it works, but I think the 'problem' a lot of people doing this dumb stuff have is she didn't do this until the end of the game when it was already decided.

But screw that, she gets to talk poo poo because she won. Clark is a super giant poo poo-talker and knows how this goes, she's not whining about it as far as I've seen. Drag everyone complaining about this into a ditch.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Just a sidebar here, but how the heck did "chud" change from cannibals in sewers to its current connotation?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Rectal Placenta posted:

Just a sidebar here, but how the heck did "chud" change from cannibals in sewers to its current connotation?

I think it was a bit from Chapo Trap House, IIRC Christman was rolling on LSD wandering around DC with a bunch of Trumpists, maybe for the 2016 inauguration or something, and decided that’s what the reminded him of. Either that or I completely made that up, Twitter bullshit is hard to keep straight

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

T-Square posted:

This is like the third poster I’ve never seen before in a couple of months Kramering into the FF Chat thread being weirdly aggro for no reason, it’s kinda weird tbh. Of all the threads on the forum

They saw leper call this one of the chillest spots on the forums and said “challenge accepted”

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The officiating in that game was objectively terrible, and I don't care one way or another but I feel like Clark's hand gestures (especially the one that keeps getting used in this comparison photo) were never directly at a team/opponent, more just 'In general' or to the crowd. Either way the trash talking is completely irrelevant, the refs decided to make the game about themselves and it ruined what should have been an amazing win for LSU and trashed what had been one of the most looked-forward-to women's sporting event I can remember.

They called 37 fouls in 40 minutes of basketball, and gave Iowa's best player a technical/4th foul for something that should have been a "Don't do that again" moment and it effectively took her out of the game in the 3rd quarter, while letting Kim Mulkey spend 40 minutes on the floor, like actually on the court of play and interfering with the refs and the gameplay without even a warning. Awful result for the sport.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Yeah, I've probably never watched an entire women's college basketball game and was excited to watch this one and was completely turned off with how the refs handled that game. The game had some really fun moments but could never overcome that ref bullshit.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I want to poo poo talk LSU for having Kim Mulkey as coach but then I'd have to self reflect on Pete Carroll and his Jordan Peterson / nine-eleven truther opinions, and uh,

Congrats LSU!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ether Frenzy posted:

The officiating in that game was objectively terrible, and I don't care one way or another but I feel like Clark's hand gestures (especially the one that keeps getting used in this comparison photo) were never directly at a team/opponent, more just 'In general' or to the crowd. Either way the trash talking is completely irrelevant, the refs decided to make the game about themselves and it ruined what should have been an amazing win for LSU and trashed what had been one of the most looked-forward-to women's sporting event I can remember.

They called 37 fouls in 40 minutes of basketball, and gave Iowa's best player a technical/4th foul for something that should have been a "Don't do that again" moment and it effectively took her out of the game in the 3rd quarter, while letting Kim Mulkey spend 40 minutes on the floor, like actually on the court of play and interfering with the refs and the gameplay without even a warning. Awful result for the sport.

No lies here, the refs were a huge part of that game.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I only note this as in looking through a magnifying glass at a bug trying to figure out how it works, but I think the 'problem' a lot of people doing this dumb stuff have is she didn't do this until the end of the game when it was already decided.

But screw that, she gets to talk poo poo because she won. Clark is a super giant poo poo-talker and knows how this goes, she's not whining about it as far as I've seen. Drag everyone complaining about this into a ditch.

The "end of the game" argument is objectively wrong though - Angel was poo poo-talking the entire game. And it was awesome. I loved LSU's players. It's a shame Kim Mulkey has to be trash.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Michael Jordan posted:

“Let’s see if all that trash talking starts when it’s zero zero, instead of five-six point lead. That’s where it starts. That’s the sign of a good man. If you can talk poo poo when it’s even score, or talk poo poo when you’re behind score. When you ahead,it’s easy to talk.”

So yeah it's mostly just dorky to talk poo poo when you're the 4th leading scorer on your team and the game is over. Clark was so in their heads they're going to worry about her instead of celebrating a championship with their team? Weird

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Silly Burrito posted:

Bless your heart. :)

This is the most devastating thing a southerner can ever say

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

:stare:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ether Frenzy posted:

while letting Kim Mulkey spend 40 minutes on the floor, like actually on the court of play and interfering with the refs and the gameplay without even a warning.

I caught the second half and I was wondering about this too. Seemed weird and nobody seem to give a poo poo. She was out there pointing and coaching like on the loving court.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Freaquency posted:

If one of my teams ever wins anything of note you better believe I’ll be taking a victory lap and telling all the haters to suck it
Lives in North Carolina
Hates Duke, doesn't care for UNC

Loves the nonsense of this tournament and is rooting for the Aztecs all the way.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Lives in North Carolina

This is me in SC, but with Clemson and USC lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

CannonFodder posted:

Lives in North Carolina

Loves the nonsense of this tournament and is rooting for the Aztecs all the way.

:glomp:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

I caught the second half and I was wondering about this too. Seemed weird and nobody seem to give a poo poo. She was out there pointing and coaching like on the loving court.

This happens constantly with her, I can't tell you why she gets away with it other than she's intimidating as hell. I mean I gotta admit there is no way in the world I could spend half of a college basketball game squatting like a catcher in heels.

https://twitter.com/paxton_molinari/status/1642634905220775939

She flat out takes a swipe at the ref there. Although I guess she misses so maybe they didn't realize it.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Apr 3, 2023

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Fundamentally, if you ran into a MAGA Karen who had obviously defeated, killed/eaten & skinned Ric Flair to wear his desecrated carcass as a suit would you be bold enough to say "No"?

Stopping that 15-2 Iowa run by asking demanding that the refs spend 7 minutes determining if there was a secret foul (there wasn't) on a previous play at the cost of 1 time out was a pretty savvy move.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Excuse me what

https://twitter.com/notabigjerk/status/1642859292133818369?s=42&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Wonder how many eggs ended up on the floor as he practiced that trick.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The chef that goes by Yoshimura has been doing this for a while.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Anyone here downgraded back to a dumb phone?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

Ehud did I think.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Pron on VHS posted:

One of the first apps I install is Awful.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

Ehud did I think.

I wish. I have to have one for work.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Ehud posted:

I wish. I have to have one for work.

If I didn't need a smart phone for work, my ideal phone would have call, text, camera, and google maps on it and that's it.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Bird in a Blender posted:

If I didn't need a smart phone for work, my ideal phone would have call, text, camera, and google maps on it and that's it.

exactly same. I need those 4 things.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
For all the anti smart phone folks above... Im assuming most posting and online activity is via PC then?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

For all the anti smart phone folks above... Im assuming most posting and online activity is via PC then?

yeah

I'm honestly in a good place with my phone nowadays. I'm pretty bored of the internet. I mostly use it for texting, camera, and navigation. Sometimes I'll pull up Wikipedia and read an article on time travel or something historical that I'm ignorant about. Also I just installed some apps that help find cool places to hike because lately I want to be outside as much as possible.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
eBay and Facebook marketplace are vital to my small powersports shop, and mobile being connected to a camera is super convenient. I rarely use a PC. For work - research and drafting. That’s it.

Phones are crazy annoying so I can understand people being tired of them

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

I actually do a fair amount of posting on my phone, but that's kind of my problem. I spend way too much time on my phone sitting around the house, and I'd like to not do that. I need something to just stop me from even having access to it. I've tried just deleting apps from my phone, but apparently I don't have the self control required because it doesn't stick.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Aww this Japanese maple will look great in my THEYRE HOW loving MUCH!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Speaking of that, I really need a tree for my front yard. The city planted one last year and it promptly died. I really just want to go buy one and plant it, but I've never planted a tree before. Can I really just dig a hole and plop it in and water it? Small plants I can handle, but I've never dealt with a tree before.