Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Just add the artifact creature that drains all opponents when you draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Just add the artifact creature that drains all opponents when you draw.

Yeah, stuff like Psychosis Crawler is what I'm thinking. Of course there's the cheesy Sanguine Bond/Exquisite Blood combo, but even one of them is a multiplier with Queza. Set up 2-3 synergies with card draw, including the commander, and go hog wild with card draw. :shrug:

There's also Etherflux Reservoir on the lifegain side of win cons, but I don't know yet if the deck will really support it.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Teferi's Puzzle Box and Sheoldred is also a real fun way to kill people, but Sheoldred is practically a kill on sight so having some interaction is nice.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Mairsil the Pretender looks fun. I assume the plan is flicker, clone, and resummon him a bunch to cage a ton of stuff with powerful activated abilities. Do people tend to go all in with him trying to get a combo win, just outvalue everyone to death, or is there a plan to do some more traditional combat win?

Why not all 3 :v:

The best part about Mairsil is it's one of those commanders that lets you run complete garbage nonsense cards you'd never see anywhere else, like Minion of Leshrac, Shauku Endbringer, Cavern Harpy, or Pendant of Prosperity (You get both triggers!).

The only true "combo" for Mairsil is to use Quicksilver Elemental to bypass the "once per turn" restriction for infinite mana/Staff of Domination nonsense, but there are a few other slower but MUCH funnier combos such as:

Hateflayer + Tree of Perdition
Nevinyarrl's Disk + Darksteel Plate
Lots of Firebreating + Spikeshot Elder

You can also make a very strong "Nekusar-lite" deck with things like Jace's Archivist.

You can also go for psuedo-voltron with lots of cards that give themselves +1/+1 counters and things like Cephalid Inkshrouder.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Railing Kill posted:

Yeah, stuff like Psychosis Crawler is what I'm thinking. Of course there's the cheesy Sanguine Bond/Exquisite Blood combo, but even one of them is a multiplier with Queza. Set up 2-3 synergies with card draw, including the commander, and go hog wild with card draw. :shrug:

There's also Etherflux Reservoir on the lifegain side of win cons, but I don't know yet if the deck will really support it.

Colour me intrigued. I've always loved cards like Psychosis Crawler and Queza. You going for Queza in the CZ?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I wanted to build a deck around Toluz, but her gimmick is bad.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Won't someone please kill my commander? I need to cast these spells at full price after.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Khanstant posted:

Won't someone please kill my commander? I need to cast these spells at full price after.

* opponent bounces or exiles Toluz *

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

Colour me intrigued. I've always loved cards like Psychosis Crawler and Queza. You going for Queza in the CZ?

Yep. I'm kind of looking for something like Sheoldred the Apocalypse but less likely to draw kill-on-sight hate, and with more than mono black because I already have two of those. Sheoldred will definitely be in the 99, but Queza is the commander.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

There's always Nekusar

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Silhouette posted:

There's always Nekusar

And then everyone else at the table looks at you like this:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I mean yeah, as well they should

But it's an option

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
"No it's ok it's Nekusar the Kindrazor. I don't have any cards that make people discard, or any cards that limit how many cards you can draw each turn. Good wholesome group hug, I swear!" (More a list of cards than a deck currently but)

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Silhouette posted:

I mean yeah, as well they should

But it's an option

Nekusar Player: Cast Phyresis targeting Nekusar?

Rest of the Table:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Since her printing, I have only seen Sheoldred the Apocalypse resolved once. A buddy was running my K'rrik deck and cast her. Everyone else at the table was pooping their pampers about it, but I was the only one holding up mana. Playing Kalamax, I could have countered her. Instead, I cast Theoretical Duplication ahead of Sheoldred's resolution. I got a copy, and my buddy got the OG Sheoldred. We were both fine with this. The other players were... not as pleased. :getin:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I play a lot of historic brawl on arena, and my current favorite deck is an orzhov control deck helmed by Kaya, Intangible Slayer

It's always funny when the Sheoldred or Mom player scoops when I -3 their commander :v:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Winota players are having a good time this set

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

I was just about to post this.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Railing Kill posted:

WUB: Queza, Augur of Agonies (card advantage combo)

It's not particularly high powered, but I've had Good Times running Queza in Raffine (Oskar and Containment Construct work better than Toluz here because it's more predictable value)

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

:eyepop:

I do love a new Rule of Law toy.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Lol

http://mythicspoiler.com/mom/cards/invasionofulgrotha.html

There's your stupid rear end Ulgrotha legendary.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Batterypowered7 posted:

There's your stupid rear end Ulgrotha legendary.

booo boring boooooooooOOOOOoOOOOOO

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Bad battle side, but I kinda like Granny Ravi.

Edit: Holy hell why does that cost 5?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Randalor posted:

Because homelands bad

And hell, it's still a better card than anything printed in that set!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Randalor posted:

It's an uncommon so they couldn't make it too good.

generatrix
Aug 8, 2008

Nothing hurts like a scrape

Randalor posted:

Maybe they're worried about battles that ETB remove a blocker. May have been too easy to play and flip the same turn in testing.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Randalor posted:

Because black Lightning Helixes have to be overcosted for some dumb reason, even though life drain cards are solidly B in color identity and everyone in play design seems to have forgotten that

At 3MV/3Def it would've been okay

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Silhouette posted:

At 3MV/3Def it would've been okay

3MV/3Def it's pretty reliably getting flipped on the play on T3 through a potential blocker, that's far too good

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Two more legendaries for your peepers:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/12an5hm/mom_rona_herald_of_invasion_rona_tolarian/

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/12an3he/mom_djeru_and_hazoret/

E:

And a third

https://articles.starcitygames.com/magic-the-gathering/march-of-the-machine-pairs-kroxa-and-kunoros-for-legendary-team-up/

E2:

And for those of you with Bant Enchantress decks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/12as5vz/mom_invasion_of_theros_ephara_eversheltering/

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 3, 2023

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Rona could be cute as a kind of weird UB voltron deck. Maybe if there are any fight effects in those colors? Or just donate your opponents Tims then Mindslaver them :getin:

Edit: The only fight effects I can find are Arena and Triangle of War.

Edit 2: Oh holy poo poo it's not opponent, you can ping her yourself! This could be a real interesting deck.

LanceKing2200 fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 3, 2023

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Djeru and Hazoret is a windmill slam in Winota, right?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

LanceKing2200 posted:

Rona could be cute as a kind of weird UB voltron deck. Maybe if there are any fight effects in those colors? Or just donate your opponents Tims then Mindslaver them :getin:

Edit: The only fight effects I can find are Arena and Triangle of War.

Edit 2: Oh holy poo poo it's not opponent, you can ping her yourself! This could be a real interesting deck.

You can ping her yourself and try to cast big stuff in your hand for free instead.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I'm trying to make a bad deck cause I've been winning too often in my playgroup, rules question: can I stack Garna, Bloodfist of Keld's ability to draw a card when an attacking creature dies after Mortuary's ability to put a creature that entered the graveyard on top of my library, to redraw any attackers that die? Or does the draw trigger happen before Mortuary sees the creature in the yard?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Koopa Kid posted:

I'm trying to make a bad deck cause I've been winning too often in my playgroup, rules question: can I stack Garna, Bloodfist of Keld's ability to draw a card when an attacking creature dies after Mortuary's ability to put a creature that entered the graveyard on top of my library, to redraw any attackers that die? Or does the draw trigger happen before Mortuary sees the creature in the yard?

E: They are both dying triggers, so you can stack your triggers in such a way so that you draw the creatures that died, yes.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 3, 2023

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Hitting the graveyard is part of "dying", so you can stack your triggers in such a way so that you draw the creatures that died, yes.

Sick, love coming up with justification to play a bad card

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Here is a super super rough draft of Rona. Pingers + Pestilence into dropping Time Stretch and Eldrazi from your hand for free. I feel like there could be a good hand manipulation/discard/regrowth subtheme to make sure your hand is all gas when you trigger Rona, but I can't quite find all the pieces.

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/cLHSB76H50SWlkJXPiTF5w

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

And Urabrask:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/12ayn66/mom_urabrask_the_great_work_mtg_email_preview/

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Birgi hold my beer.

There’s now 5 cast triggers to generate red mana. Kykar storm gonna be a thing.

MTGWolfGirl
Apr 4, 2023
Anyone got any good finishers for a Prosper deck? Trying to find a way to close out that doesn't involve me playing with myself for 30mins

Have the standard ones, Marionette Master, Reckless Fireweaver, Passionate Archeologist, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into part of yourself.
I feel like the last clause on chapter 3 has to break something. Flashback is specifically "if it leaves the stack exile it" while this only exiles if it hits the yard...