Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

herculon posted:

Happy birthday, Leadthumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

herculon posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon posted:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

I got confused at the very beginning of Yakuza 0 by the swapping of given and surname for characters in the English translation (Kiryu listed as Kazuma Kiryu in his intro). Didn't get confused on any other characters (or I did but figured it out) but for some reason never worked it out and went through the entire game thinking Kiryu was his given name, wondering why he was the only character everyone referred to that way. Didn't realize my mistake until I started playing Kiwami

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

herculon posted:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Was especially confused when all the kids in pocket circuit were the only ones referring to him by his surname

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

herculon posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

If people in here are going to make their confessions "I pronounce Mario like Merry-o" please do, it's my birthday and I would like to watch the fireworks.

I have an uncle who pronounces Mario like "merry-o" and Nintendo like "Nine-Ten-Do"

e: to clarify this uncle is NOT at nintendo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The tutorial character in SMM is named Mary O.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Thanks imps :cheers:

Sub-Actuality posted:

I have an uncle who pronounces Mario like "merry-o" and Nintendo like "Nine-Ten-Do"

also jfc

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I lost my credit card shortly after buying a game from the eShop and got my entire account locked for suspected fraud because the bank rep asked me if I recognized a charge from "Net and doo" and I said no

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Nostradingus posted:

I lost my credit card shortly after buying a game from the eShop and got my entire account locked for suspected fraud because the bank rep asked me if I recognized a charge from "Net and doo" and I said no

lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Nostradingus posted:

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Arch Nemesis posted:

I got confused at the very beginning of Yakuza 0 by the swapping of given and surname for characters in the English translation (Kiryu listed as Kazuma Kiryu in his intro). Didn't get confused on any other characters (or I did but figured it out) but for some reason never worked it out and went through the entire game thinking Kiryu was his given name, wondering why he was the only character everyone referred to that way. Didn't realize my mistake until I started playing Kiwami

This got me for a little while too. The fact that there was one character named "Kazuma" and one named "Kazama" also tripped me up a lot more than it should have.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

herculon posted:

---

Nostradingus posted:

lmao

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

herculon posted:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Nostradingus posted:

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Nostradingus posted:

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

TheSwizzler posted:

I pronounce starfield like “garfield”

Went through an Event Horizon sequence of events where I was like "okay, I suppose at a push, Starfield could be Star-field and Garfield could be Garf-ield", then wasn't sure if those were really different when said in practice, then saw there were three subsequent pages

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Went through an Event Horizon sequence of events where I was like "okay, I suppose at a push, Starfield could be Star-field and Garfield could be Garf-ield", then wasn't sure if those were really different when said in practice, then saw there were three subsequent pages

lol

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

TheSwizzler posted:

https://voca.ro/15ZPMpEDJrf7

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nostradingus posted:

Lol

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

There's Starfield... and then there's StarField. Emphasis on the second syllable (ed: what the gently caress do you mean dude you just said the same word twice)

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

herculon posted:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Starfiled

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull once tried convincing me you pronounce Projectile differently depending on usage. He later posted he had a dream where he did that. I later informed him that it wasn't a dream, it actually happened.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wormskull once tried convincing me you pronounce Projectile differently depending on usage. He later posted he had a dream where he did that. I later informed him that it wasn't a dream, it actually happened.

Projectile for adjective and projectile for noun. It’s Oxford English.

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!

Leadthumb posted:

If people in here are going to make their confessions "I pronounce Mario like Merry-o" please do, it's my birthday and I would like to watch the fireworks.

I always got pissed off as a kid when people would pronounce it that way

uncreativename
Jul 30, 2013

I died like three seconds into the tutorial in Dark Cloud 1

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

during the cataclysm expansion of wow i queued for a daily heroic and one of the other random people in the group had studied every player above a certain gearscore on that server or something because he "knew" me and kept calling me superstar sarcastically. he kept harassing me and saying the rogue in his raid group was a lot better. i didn't say anything back and started jumping around and playing stupidly on purpose after that but i was extremely effectively bullied due to low self esteem

when valheim was new i joined a private server from this site and murdered someone's pet wolves because i didn't know they could be kept and thought they had gotten into the base. i didn't admit to it. sorry

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Never saw my boy Terry at the Mana Bar.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Stole people's gear in Diablo II by making a character named Blizzard-Admin and telling them to dm their username/pw to join the secret beta server

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

P-Mack posted:

Stole people's gear in Diablo II by making a character named Blizzard-Admin and telling them to dm their username/pw to join the secret beta server

lmao

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

my sister wanted the sims, but I told my mom that you made the sims have sex so she wouldn’t get her it and I could keep the computer gaming to myself.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

P-Mack posted:

hey its me ur admin

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

P-Mack posted:

Speaking of this...

When I played everquest my friend really pissed me off and I made an AIM name EQGuide and messaged him and said there was a problem with his account and for his Username/PW which he gave me and then I logged in to his account and got him killed in a remote location in a dungeon no one goes to on the bottom floor. In EQ if you corpse isn't collected in 7 days all your gear gets deleted. he panicked for 6 days and told me how he was "losing everything" and finally came to me and apologized about taking a piece of loot or whatever because he thought his time in EQ was done and on the last day I helped him get the corpse because I said I "saw it randomly" and he never suspected a thing lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

Speaking of this...

When I played everquest my friend really pissed me off and I made an AIM name EQGuide and messaged him and said there was a problem with his account and for his Username/PW which he gave me and then I logged in to his account and got him killed in a remote location in a dungeon no one goes to on the bottom floor. In EQ if you corpse isn't collected in 7 days all your gear gets deleted. he panicked for 6 days and told me how he was "losing everything" and finally came to me and apologized about taking a piece of loot or whatever because he thought his time in EQ was done and on the last day I helped him get the corpse because I said I "saw it randomly" and he never suspected a thing lol

lol so loving sinister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

lol