Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
The eyes clip through her Bastet mask most excellently too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
does the same thing with Torb too

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

This is the first time someone complained about my Moira not doing enough damage.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Sounds better than the uh... the "consistency" of Competitive Mode speech I got last night. Try to play as a backline interference Sombra? I get yelled at by my teammates over "1k damage over 7 minutes". I think I also got berated for not being a good Rein or Hog? Or at the very least peeling myself back if I'm low on HP/double digit on shield health/still waiting on self-heal to get off CD.

Like, the only time I myself didn't get yelled at was when someone else was doing noticeably worse in their role and was called out on it. And if you're doing worse than someone on their 2nd bottle of <10% ABV wine? Oof.

But yeah, I wanted to see how I'd do there... only to learn that there are no placement matches anymore, I have to win 5 or lose 15 to get told that I'm a Bronze 5 idiot.

At least I got the Catch-a-Mari challenges mostly done.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
what kind of maniac drinks wine less than 10% abv

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

widespread posted:

Sounds better than the uh... the "consistency" of Competitive Mode speech I got last night. Try to play as a backline interference Sombra? I get yelled at by my teammates over "1k damage over 7 minutes". I think I also got berated for not being a good Rein or Hog? Or at the very least peeling myself back if I'm low on HP/double digit on shield health/still waiting on self-heal to get off CD.

in my experience playing solo-queue Sombra your team *hates* engaging when you've got three enemies turned around. they'll go out of their way not to take the advantageous fight even if they're in position

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

in my experience playing solo-queue Sombra your team *hates* engaging when you've got three enemies turned around. they'll go out of their way not to take the advantageous fight even if they're in position

Which is odd, since half of my time as solo queue Sombra the enemies don't even turn around half the time. At least as far as I can tell, anyway.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

what kind of maniac drinks wine less than 10% abv

One who didn't pay attention to the label before buying it :v:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i dont play sombra much but i realized i was playing her all wrong :psyduck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uItmE5Ebdb8

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

comedyblissoption posted:

i dont play sombra much but i realized i was playing her all wrong :psyduck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uItmE5Ebdb8

im impressed how well they make this argument despite how annoyingly its presented, im convinced im going to queue dps and try to one trick sombra to see how it plays out

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

BabyRyoga posted:

Guarantee you some of those "very serious" changes are actually very serious changes that they are considering. You THINK they are joking, but..

The actual joke is

I mean the Zarya double bubble that she has on live was literally an april fools "joke" once.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Ana nade should have a self-knockback, so you can use it as an escape tool when you're dived.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think the Moira change where she yells "I'll show YOU meta" should be pushed to regular OW2

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Also Baptiste's lines.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

If it were any other company, I'd say that they should sell these lines as cosmetics, but Blizzard would charge $10 for them.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
new hero announcement coming shortly

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1642920682064576512

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

This the healer? Also why the flower?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

widespread posted:

This the healer? Also why the flower?

Someone thinks the flower is a mirembe, which is also the name of an Overwatch agent mentioned in *the lore*

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/12ap89x/comment/jesxymu/

hexal
Sep 7, 2011
https://www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch-2/lifeweaver

Dropping a health pack for the flanker that kills you is…interesting.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Teaser image
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1642958969978101775

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I like the pink lotus stuff in his design but also he just kind of looks like a guy

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Lol, very boring design. Looks like a Valorant character.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
lame

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

quote:

“The aim was to create another support hero that didn’t rely on aim skill,” Alec Dawson clarifies. “Lifeweaver is designed for players that care a bit more about their own positioning, their game sense – those are the skills they check on more than necessarily aim skill.”

This part sounds promising to me.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The rage that'll be caused from Lifeweaver yanking teammates out of position :allears:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Extremely looking forward to preventing people from rushing in and dying 1v5.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

The rage that'll be caused from Lifeweaver yanking teammates out of position :allears:

Wait I thought I wasn't supposed to buy any Blizzard BPs :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

teagone posted:

Lol, very boring design. Looks like a Valorant character.

It 100% looks like a Valorant character! I couldn't quite place why the design didn't really feel right for Overwatch, but you nailed it

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What's the name of his K-Pop band?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

What's the name of his K-Pop band?

Because he's a healer, name should be H/M. I feel naming a K-Pop band after terms for stats is underutilized and should be used more.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

lol, his kit sounds fun but also sounds like at least 3 of his abilities are griefing tools

elevator under a friendly widow trying to line up a shot, pull your tank into the Ilios well, then jump into the enemy team to heal them. glorious :getin:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bounce Pad the Bob!
Bounce Pad the Bob!
Bounce Pad the Bob!

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Life Grip is an insanely bad idea. It's the type of skill that's relatively niche and hard to use even for good players, for average OW players it's just going to result in lost kills or slur spam.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Chillgamesh posted:

it's just going to result in lost kills or slur spam.

So nothing different

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Oh they made a masc Mercy

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Percy.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Looks like a checklist of anime character design tropes and wild pompadour.

At least the silly cybernetic petals on his back will make for an easy silhouette to recognize and shoot at. Not that anyone in my bracket will.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I legit laughed at "plant-based pansexual". What a weird character signifier. May as well went with "speedster lesbian" when describing Tracer when the first game's previews were first coming out. Here's hoping the next tank character is a meat-based polygamist. Great for inclusivity I guess but it comes off as so cynical. Especially on the heels of the antitrust lawsuit.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Jimbot posted:

May as well went with "speedster lesbian" when describing Tracer

Ok let's do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

Ok let's do it