Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Obviously I'm against crunch time but I honestly enjoyed having one show lead to another. Gives me a reason to keep Disney plus anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I just loving want Daredevil.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
There had been too many shows but now we're waiting eight months between She-Hulk and Secret Invasion, if the rumors are true.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

live with fruit posted:

There had been too many shows but now we're waiting eight months between She-Hulk and Secret Invasion, if the rumors are true.

I mean, early on they seemed to consider the Marvel and Star Wars shows to pull the same audience and scheduled accordingly so if we assume Ahsoka is coming this year it's not as big a gap

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

live with fruit posted:

Are we even getting She-Hulk season two? I didn't know that was confirmed.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Are we even getting She-Hulk season two? I didn't know that was confirmed.

As in She-Hulk ended and we're not getting Secret Invasion until August or whatever

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Titans is back on the 12th, so hopefully that means Doom Patrol is just around the corner.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Netflix is working on a Scott Pilgrim anime series with basically the full movie cast.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Endless Mike posted:

Netflix is working on a Scott Pilgrim anime series with basically the full movie cast.

For anyone who liked the chiptunes soundtrack from the beat-em-up game, here's what Wright tweeted:

https://twitter.com/edgarwright/status/1641445634967478289?s=20

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Supposedly there will be a new Secret Invasion trailer out tonight and the release date has leaked as June.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

muscles like this! posted:

Supposedly there will be a new Secret Invasion trailer out tonight and the release date has leaked as June.

It didn't leak
https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1642557517422284800?t=LNQW6SjhZyjIO0TbbunoKw&s=19

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp_YZNqNBhw

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Looks good

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

site posted:

Looks good

Just wait it until six months after it airs. It will have been terrible.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm going to Always Bad it right now. Secret Wars? Always bad! :smug:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
It could be good or bad, there's no way to know.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

Gripweed posted:

It could be good or bad, there's no way to know.

Whether it’s good or bad is, for purposes of discussion, immaterial.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It looks fine in the preview, but betting on it being bad has the best odds.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

It looks fine in the preview, but betting on it being bad has the best odds.

None of the shows have been bad.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The weakest was Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but I've enjoyed all of them especially She-Hulk

Aso this just dropped,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS3_72Gb-bI

It's not Ted Kord, but I'll take any Beetle I can get.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 3, 2023

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The weakest was Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but I've enjoyed all of them especially She-Hulk

Aso this just dropped,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS3_72Gb-bI

It's not Ted Kord, but I'll take any Beetle I can get.

The Bug is in there, as are Dan and Ted's costumes!

I'm delighted, but I thought they shot it in Spanish?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

live with fruit posted:

None of the shows have been bad.

Falcon and winter soldier, moon knight, and the endings of wandavision and she-hulk were not good.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That Blue Beetle trailer has some strong Ms Marvel vibes, in a good way

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Mr Hootington posted:

endings of ... she-hulk were not good.

Impressively wrong.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

Falcon and winter soldier, moon knight, and the endings of wandavision and she-hulk were not good.

Sorry, all of those things owned.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Wandavision had some real questionable lines and a big CGI wizard punch em up in its last couple episodes, but it also had Vision beating himself with a philosophical argument so I gotta begrudgingly hit the Twas Good button

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I think mostly the worst parts of FatWS were due to the sudden appearance of COVID power bombing the production. They had to axe a big subplot about the refugee camps being wracked with illness and the government withholding vaccines or poisoning vaccines or something. It gave the Flag smashers a lot more context and gave them a reason to blow up a building full of restrained guards that was less like "idk lol time for these characters to be evil for no reason cause they're making too much sense in the narrative" and more "this building full of fascists was directly and knowingly responsible for the mass death of imprisoned refugees, this is justice"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Wandavision had some real questionable lines and a big CGI wizard punch em up in its last couple episodes, but it also had Vision beating himself with a philosophical argument so I gotta begrudgingly hit the Twas Good button

Yeah imo the Vision fight makes up for all the Standard Superhero Movie poo poo in the end there.

SlimGoodbody posted:

I think mostly the worst parts of FatWS were due to the sudden appearance of COVID power bombing the production. They had to axe a big subplot about the refugee camps being wracked with illness and the government withholding vaccines or poisoning vaccines or something. It gave the Flag smashers a lot more context and gave them a reason to blow up a building full of restrained guards that was less like "idk lol time for these characters to be evil for no reason cause they're making too much sense in the narrative" and more "this building full of fascists was directly and knowingly responsible for the mass death of imprisoned refugees, this is justice"

Was that ever confirmed anywhere? I know people were saying it a lot back during its initial airing but as far as I remember it never got past a theory that everyone agreed made way too much sense. Like I said I would not doubt one minute that that's what happened, just curious to know if anyone actually involved with production has confirmed.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 4, 2023

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

TwoPair posted:

Was that ever confirmed anywhere? I know people were saying it a lot back during its initial airing but as far as I remember it never got past a theory that everyone agreed made way too much sense. Like I said I would not doubt one minute that that's what happened, just curious to know if anyone actually involved with production has confirmed.

Sort of. There were a bunch of different things:

- The actress who played Mama Donya said she was supposed to be in 4 episodes originally and that the halfway house she ran was supposed to be a makeshift hospital.
- They extended the shooting of the show by multiple months for unspecified reshoots.
- A bunch of reports from the time mentioned rewrites for "sensitivity" to real world issues.
- They had extended ADR recording to redub parts of the show that was much longer than typical ADR (assumed to be editing out mentions of virus or sickness).
- There was a leak that the Flag Smashers had superhuman powers and used a dirty bomb to spread a biological weapon.

The writer also mentioned how insanely unlucky they were. The show shot half in Atlanta and half in the Czech Republic and the shooting in the Czech Republic literally started in March of 2020, but they had to retool the show afterwards and stop production. Also, the name of the production company they set up for the show (which was chosen in early 2019 way before Covid) was "Pandemic Productions."

But... the director of the show swears up and down that the final version of the show was his original vision and there was no cut/rushed/rewritten content.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

SlimGoodbody posted:

In the final version, those dudes were still deliberately withholding resources that were meant for the refugees, so even if the whole vaccine thing is true, everything still played out pretty much the same.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Jamesman posted:

In the final version, those dudes were still deliberately withholding resources that were meant for the refugees, so even if the whole vaccine thing is true, everything still played out pretty much the same.

It also had Captain America giving a five minute speech about how the government pushed them to extremes

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
The withholding stuff story line is more impactful when it is vaccines and medicine instead of, like, 3 trucks full of blankets or something.

I don't want to derail with actual humanitarian concerns, and I 100% support giving asylum and support to refugees, but sending out superheroes did not feel like a cost effective solution to stuff being stolen from refugees, unless they are going to punch policy makers.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The writer also mentioned how insanely unlucky they were. The show shot half in Atlanta and half in the Czech Republic and the shooting in the Czech Republic literally started in March of 2020, but they had to retool the show afterwards and stop production. Also, the name of the production company they set up for the show (which was chosen in early 2019 way before Covid) was "Pandemic Productions."
They were also going to shoot in Puerto Rico and then the island got flattened by hurricanes so that went out the window.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
penguin trailer

https://youtu.be/zAPifwlWBP0

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Hooting at the waddling in that trailer

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Do you think Penguin will fight an even more evil version of himself?

Penguin vs Puffin.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Oh hell yeah

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
The fact that's Farrell still boggles my mind

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I don't think I've ever seen a "NOW IN PRODUCTION" title card in a trailer before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Jamesman posted:

Do you think Penguin will fight an even more evil version of himself?

Penguin vs Puffin.

Well there was an Emperor Penguin in the comics