Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
You can get paper tickets still but I think they charge you a fee even though you have to print them yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

You can get paper tickets still but I think they charge you a fee even though you have to print them yourself

Sadly, sometimes not even then. I tried to get a paper ticket of last year’s Series for my dad, and they told me they don’t even make those any more. :(

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Tree chat:
Also once you know your hardiness zone you can Google around for appropriate trees. Typically state universities will have some resource for you. Also local municipalities will sometimes have “tree palettes” which will help. You got options babey.

https://texastreeplanting.tamu.edu/customselector.aspx

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Turns out that he might be trying to cover up a lawsuit:

https://www.reuters.com/legal/elon-...tJCAPm6dTxT2GFQ

Reuters posted:

NEW YORK, March 31 (Reuters) - Elon Musk asked a U.S. judge on Friday to throw out a $258 billion racketeering lawsuit accusing him of running a pyramid scheme to support the cryptocurrency Dogecoin.

In an evening filing in Manhattan federal court, lawyers for Musk and his electric car company Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) called the lawsuit by Dogecoin investors a "fanciful work of fiction" over Musk's "innocuous and often silly tweets" about Dogecoin.

The lawyers said the investors never explained how Musk intended to defraud anyone or what risks he concealed, and that his statements such as "Dogecoin Rulz" and "no highs, no lows, only Doge" were too vague to support a fraud claim.

"There is nothing unlawful about tweeting words of support for, or funny pictures about, a legitimate cryptocurrency that continues to hold a market cap of nearly $10 billion," Musk's lawyers said. "This court should put a stop to plaintiffs' fantasy and dismiss the complaint."

In a footnote, the lawyers also rejected the investors' claim that Dogecoin qualified as a security.

The investors' lawyer, Evan Spencer, said in an email: "We are more confident than ever that our case will be successful."

Investors accused Musk, the world's second-richest person according to Forbes, of deliberately driving up Dogecoin's price more than 36,000% over two years and then letting it crash.

They said this generated billions of dollars of profit at other Dogecoin investors' expense, even as Musk knew the currency lacked intrinsic value.

Investors also pointed to Musk's appearance on a "Weekend Update" segment of NBC's "Saturday Night Live" where, portraying a fictitious financial expert, he called Dogecoin "a hustle."

The $258 billion damages figure is triple the estimated decline in Dogecoin's market value in the 13 months before the lawsuit was filed.

Dogecoin Foundation, a nonprofit, is also a defendant and seeking the lawsuit's dismissal.

Musk's posts on Twitter, which he owns, have prompted multiple lawsuits.

He won a court victory on Feb. 3 when a San Francisco jury found him not liable for tweeting in August 2018 that he had arranged financing to take Tesla private.

The case is Johnson et al v. Musk et al, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, No. 22-05037.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Also at somepoint we'll get another live action DBZ attempt. I feel it in my soul.

It's gonna happen. They can only milk superheroes for so much more at this point, just a matter of when

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

Turns out that he might be trying to cover up a lawsuit:

that’s EXACTLY what he’s trying to do, poison search results. he’s done it before with other bad headlines. and with someone as famous as him it works.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Got back from Chicago early this morning, Bird thank you for the recommendations and it was great to see all that we did.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Intruder posted:

Yeah I have a friend who does zero apps at all and he has lots of issues with tickets for shows because either you're getting charged for delivery or you're hoping they have print at home or will call

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Grittybeard posted:

Get yourself a majestic sweetgum tree! They grow up big and leafy and certainly are not problematic in any way.

Absolutely do not do this. My mom has to deal with like 20 bag fulls of these little fuckers every year.

That is what those trees are called? Everyone I knew called them Spiny Ball Trees and they are all over the place in suburban CA. We used to hit or throw the spiny balls at each other all of the time when they were green and heavy. Nothing brings back the nostalgia of being 10 years old like getting drilled in the side of the head from one of those.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is important

https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1643050980832083970?t=cWlzHsbv3X6Vatg8W6uMJg&s=19

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

SundayMoney posted:

Got back from Chicago early this morning, Bird thank you for the recommendations and it was great to see all that we did.

Oh forgot you were in town this weekend. Glad you had fun and didn’t get blown away in a storm.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Looks like I'm going to Hawaii sometime this month for a vacation. I just gotta get my dates squared with my lady since she's spending time with family and friends there from the 10th until her new job starts in June. I've only gone to Hawaii as a kid once with my grandparents so going as an adult will be different. Either way I plan to be on the beach the majority of the time, so I'm gonna look like a sunburned walrus when I get home.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Man, Florida straight-up legislating themselves into a christofascist state is super loving depressing.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
These teams both suck. Terrible rear end final.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

These teams both suck. Terrible rear end final.

SDSU, bless them, never saw an offensive possession that they couldn't mess up in some fashion.

Except sometimes they don't, they really need to shut down UConn which could theoretically happen at some point, but hasn't yet.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Grittybeard posted:

SDSU, bless them, never saw an offensive possession that they couldn't mess up in some fashion.

Except sometimes they don't, they really need to shut down UConn which could theoretically happen at some point, but hasn't yet.

Yeah SDSU seems to be constantly tripping over themselves. They look so bad. UConn seems to be getting things going.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So UConn really is going to stroll to a title without playing a single competitive game huh

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
This game is only slightly better than uconn v butler which is legit the worst game ever played in the shot clock era

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Intruder posted:

So UConn really is going to stroll to a title without playing a single competitive game huh

UNC had a 15 point lead last year and lost. No guarantees UCONN strolls through this. They have looked the better team though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Manoueverable posted:

This game is only slightly better than uconn v butler which is legit the worst game ever played in the shot clock era

I feel like there are some Big 10 fans in here who can point to about a million different regular season games here.

But yeah on this stage, it's pretty damned bad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Suddenly tempted to purchase and grind MLB the Show while watching this game.

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/1643065398022090752

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Looks like I'm going to Hawaii sometime this month for a vacation. I just gotta get my dates squared with my lady since she's spending time with family and friends there from the 10th until her new job starts in June. I've only gone to Hawaii as a kid once with my grandparents so going as an adult will be different. Either way I plan to be on the beach the majority of the time, so I'm gonna look like a sunburned walrus when I get home.

Which island are you visiting?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1643082479014760448

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1643082479014760448

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Alternatively: courtroom sketches done at the quality of Tom Brady's trial.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The UConn fight song sounds like someone asked an AI program to do a Big Ten fight song

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I am insanely proud of this team.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

I am insanely proud of this team.

drat good run. I mean, I assume, I don't know from basketball.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

Man, Florida straight-up legislating themselves into a christofascist state is super loving depressing.

Are you talking about the fact that permitless carry was signed into law despite objections from every level of law enforcement in the state and 77% of voters? Or that a 6 week abortion ban passed the legislature today? Or that the states budget was passed without any debates, changes, or evaluation by any agencies? Or the fact that a new bill was introduced and fast tracked that changes voting laws to be more restrictive with specific aims to make college age and first time voters have to jump through several additional hoops in order to register?

Oh, this was all done today. That last bill was filed today and faces a committee vote tomorrow to then go to the House for vote.

Edit: or did you mean the illegal arrest of several state officials for protesting the abortion ban this evening.

swickles fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 4, 2023

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

All of it. Just full send into fascism. It’s really sad because I do actually love Florida.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

All of it. Just full send into fascism. It’s really sad because I do actually love Florida.

Same, although days like today make leaving a whole lot easier. I just hope in a few years when we are looking to come back, this poo poo will be over and done with having been killed thoroughly by the courts.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1643023846650306563?s=20

:laffo: I just saw this, democrats are so loving embarrassing.

swickles posted:

Same, although days like today make leaving a whole lot easier. I just hope in a few years when we are looking to come back, this poo poo will be over and done with having been killed thoroughly by the courts.

I hope, as the olds die off, things will improve but I’m not optimistic. The GOP has successfully consolidated power, the Florida DNC is completely gutless, and Florida has become a beacon to the Worst People In America (like Texas and Idaho).

Honestly they’re building a national blueprint there and I’d be way more worried if Desantis wasn’t completely devoid of gravitas.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

it's on gamepass if you are in the xbox hardware architecture/have solid enough internet speed for cloud gaming

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Since my adblocker still works on Twitter and I don't particularly mind if they notice me looking up random poo poo with tracking cookies if I get lazy and don't clear them because I'm a nobody with no money...I'm still using it as long as edsbs and cat and dog pics are around.

But the dogecoin joke (possibly not actually a joke and a pump and dump?) thing does annoy me on a visceral level.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Timby posted:

My ex-wife had an amazing one, let me check to see if it was put into our recipe Google doc.

Edit: It's not, but here's Kenji's from Serious Eats. I made this back in 2020 for an ex-girlfriend and it turned out incredible.

well I made this and it was very good but I had doubts about making brown butter by sticking it in the oven for 10 minutes and sure enough it did burn so gonna try just making the butter the normal way next time

still delicious though

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

The Glumslinger posted:

Which island are you visiting?

Oahu. I went to Maui with my grandparents and I know it's more touristy than Oahu. I'm expecting it to be fairly crowded too honestly as long as I can get some sun and go swimming every day I'm good.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Oahu. I went to Maui with my grandparents and I know it's more touristy than Oahu. I'm expecting it to be fairly crowded too honestly as long as I can get some sun and go swimming every day I'm good.

If you like whiskey, try getting to Bar Leather Apron. Also, get some fresh Malasadas from Leonards

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What the genuine gently caress?

https://twitter.com/YeahThatsRocc/status/1643065289691615233?s=20

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/spiderverse/status/1643146633452855297?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

I’m excited for this

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I believe my cousin is working on this one, as he worked on Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

I started playing, got a Mike Trout that sold for 200,000 stubs, then spent an hour cracking packs in the store, got a Shohei Otani which sold for another 175k and after like 2 hours of just cracking packs and looking at hundreds of random guys rated in the 60's, I've gotten just about what I want from that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

here's today's hollywood is out of ideas

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1643244737732771840