Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Rationale posted:

So if I can’t have my big dreams let me chase my little ones

Is this really how you want to make yourself hole?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

Think I’m zeroed in on a concept

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Wait did you make those?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
No but I did a bunch for Christmas and if I bet the best six looked that good

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Post pictures of your next batch. I'm rooting for you, but show us where you're at.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The X-man cometh posted:

Post pictures of your next batch. I'm rooting for you, but show us where you're at.

:yeah:

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
After I pay my taxes I’m gonna talk to a guy about his proofer, fryer, filler, and various small wares

How much do I offer like 1/3 msrp?

E:after wife pays our taxes lol

Rationale fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 3, 2023

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Rationale posted:

After I pay my taxes I’m gonna talk to a guy about his proofer, fryer, filler, and various small wares

How much do I offer like 1/3 msrp?

E:after wife pays our taxes lol

Offer double msrp if they'll deliver to you. Gotta spend money to make money, amirite?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
If I were giving joke answers I’d be like “punch yourself in the dick” or “punch yourself in the dick I lack imagination “

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Do crimes, be gay

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

coconono posted:

Do crimes, be gay

This could also help toward his goal of CIA assassination, depending on what crimes.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
When they raid my crib but I’m making doughnuts and when they come to get me at the shop they’re stalled at the display cases like vampires

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

The X-man cometh posted:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Rationale posted:

Think I’m zeroed in on a concept

Cum Donuts?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Banging on the windows of your shop for more vulva donuts

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Rationale posted:

When they raid my crib but I’m making doughnuts and when they come to get me at the shop they’re stalled at the display cases like vampires

Have you considered making your avatar into reality? Thin wafers of another dough for the hands and a bit of glaze for the ring? People would travel long distances for that.

I made a proof of concept picture!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

lobsterminator posted:

Have you considered making your avatar into reality? Thin wafers of another dough for the hands and a bit of glaze for the ring? People would travel long distances for that.

I think we found your new specialty donut.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

coconono posted:

Banging on the windows of your shop for more vulva donuts

A heart with a lower i in the middle looks like a lady bent over with her rear end and pussy out

And our husband is better represented by a cherry turnover imo

Rationale fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 3, 2023

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

In English we call them jizz buns

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

lobsterminator posted:

Is the goat man copyrighted or trademarked? Cause if not you should def file for a design patent/trademark on goatse donuts and do this

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

CarForumPoster posted:

Is the goat man copyrighted or trademarked? Cause if not you should def file for a design patent/trademark on goatse donuts and do this

I cannot imagine the market for hello.jpastry

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Volmarias posted:

I cannot imagine the market for hello.jpastry

Bigger than the goat man’s rear end

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Chopsticks are three cents would people appreciate their donut holes being served in a coffee cup with chopsticks to keep their fingers clean or do I have that dawg in me (autism)

E:

This Amazon dough divider is $1200 and I’m thinking I’ll offer dude $5k or so for his poo poo and from there I’ll be buying fume hoods and electrical panels to specifically fit the store like the main part of the equipment is over with and now it’s onto construction materials.

The proofer fits a 110 outlet so I can set it up in my garage and spit out a few hundred buns in a day but cottage food laws specifically prohibit filled or fried doughnuts so my neighbors will probably start locking their cars this summer

Rationale fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Apr 4, 2023

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Rationale posted:

Chopsticks are three cents would people appreciate their donut holes being served in a coffee cup with chopsticks to keep their fingers clean or do I have that dawg in me (autism)

American dango. That's a new one to me.

I'm going to assume you don't mean "coffee cup full of coffee," because the answer to that would be gently caress no. Instead, my answer is :shrug:.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Rationale posted:

You should make some donut holes first

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Shouldn’t he buy some second hand bamboo harvesting equipment first, then plant bamboo and learn how to make chopsticks?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

Anime Store Adventure posted:

One method I kind of like is mixing cake real sticky and scooping it with one spoon and scraping it into the oil with another spoon real fast like it’s almost dawn in an Indonesian flea market. I really love the raw horsepower of my tailgate donut rig and while I don’t think I’ll try and make it into its own venture I’m definitely making donuts at parties til I die

E: like zero to a hundred donuts in an hour and they’re all hot and crispy as the dickens

Rationale fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 4, 2023

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

pseudanonymous posted:

Shouldn’t he buy some second hand bamboo harvesting equipment first, then plant bamboo and learn how to make chopsticks?

Is there any money to be made in fresh local chopsticks?

Because there’s not a scratch bakery within like an hour.

Down the line I see local eggs and butter in my grab n go cooler and way down the line inshallah I’ll have a bunch of cows and hens if I’m leaning hard into brioche I can really have an impact that way

Rationale fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 4, 2023

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Rationale posted:

Short skewers are even cheaper. I like actually using chopsticks for finger food, but you're thinking just jabbing 'em, right?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
No I thought it’d be cool to give them their donut holes in a cup with chopsticks so they can set their donut holes in a cup holder and eat them with the chopsticks and not like shake them out of a bag down the front of their shirt as they’re cruising to work

For a second I was thinking about dipping sauces but that’s sort of antithetical to the not getting sugar and grease all over stuff ideal

E: changing out my kuka arm guts I could supposedly make 1060 donut holes an hour

E2

I think the main product will be brioche buns with diplomat cream. They’re gonna be like vincent vega voice that’s a pretty fuckin good doughnut and people will giddily confess their addictions to each other.

I’ll fill a few other niches with vegan cake donuts. Blueberry has a following and I’m not here to disappoint. It’s also one method to make hundreds of different flavor combos. I kind of want to differentiate the cake donuts from the brioche doughnuts because they’re so different but I don’t know how.

Rationale fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 4, 2023

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Sell them as a shishkabob so like 5 donut holes on each stick in a cup ready to go.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
You know the more I think about it the less I like the idea of handing someone a pair of chopsticks to ostensibly be used one-handed while they text and drive with the other hand

I’m curious how much a 60 donut fryer is vs a 24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CJHFx35nFQ

Rationale fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 4, 2023

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
you can differentiate the cake donuts from the yeast donuts by…listing them separately

Doughnut Plant is an example

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

I’m curious how much a 60 donut fryer is vs a 24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CJHFx35nFQ

That thing looks like a huge pain. Would much rather have two smaller ones. I haven't read the entrepreneurial myth, but I think it has an applicable point here. Don't build out so you can be a super hero crushing huge amounts of work. Build out so you can hand off a piece here and a piece there to trained monkeys.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

If I was eating donut holes with chopsticks I'd just use one chopstick to stab at the donuts and shove them into my gaping maw.

OP I wanna see some recent photos of your goings-on.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Rationale posted:

One method I kind of like is mixing cake real sticky and scooping it with one spoon and scraping it into the oil with another spoon real fast like it’s almost dawn in an Indonesian flea market. I

It'd be faster to get a donut hopper with an attachment for donut holes. Each crank will make four or five already-measured donut holes, you can make a hundred in like twenty seconds.

I can't recommend a donut hopper enough for cake donuts. (Cake donuts are the ones made from cake-like batter and don't have yeast. I also recommend memorizing the difference between yeast dough and cake batter.)

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
moar donut pics (ones you made)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rationale posted:

E:

This Amazon dough divider is $1200 and I’m thinking I’ll offer dude $5k or so for his poo poo and from there I’ll be buying fume hoods and electrical panels to specifically fit the store like the main part of the equipment is over with and now it’s onto construction materials.

The proofer fits a 110 outlet so I can set it up in my garage and spit out a few hundred buns in a day but cottage food laws specifically prohibit filled or fried doughnuts so my neighbors will probably start locking their cars this summer

nobody has any idea what your equipment should cost because we don't know what the condition of this used equipment is, nor what the market and demand are for it. Nor your business plan, how many customers you'll have or need to have, how much product you can or should make, etc.

Also you have definitely already set up your business, created business accounts, and are making your capital expenditures from those accounts, so you can properly... account... for them. Right? You can write down depreciation of your equipment over time, according to various labyrinthine tax rules that you have hired an expert to understand and interpret for you. Right? You're not just spending cash from your personal checking account for your businesses. Right?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

sleepy gary posted:

If I was eating donut holes with chopsticks I'd just use one chopstick to stab at the donuts and shove them into my gaping maw.

OP I wanna see some recent photos of your goings-on.

You want screenshots of posts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

cake donuts are my favorite kind