Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Large Testicles posted:

Then he needs to tell Ric to gently caress off. I don’t care how many contrarian tweets Nik makes if he still works with that piece of poo poo.

E: I’ll keep saying his this but Brunning has told me straight to gently caress off if I don’t agree with him, so I have no clue how the project turned out cause I blocked them on YT
Lol "turned out", it's still going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
It is? I must have unsubscribed and forgotten when he started being a Tory windbag instead of just a Tory

E: oh no, looks like I was still subscribed, they just haven't posted a new binky video in a year plus. Well that's rectified now

kastein fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Mar 5, 2023

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Large Testicles posted:

Then he needs to tell Ric to gently caress off. I don’t care how many contrarian tweets Nik makes if he still works with that piece of poo poo.

E: I’ll keep saying his this but Brunning has told me straight to gently caress off if I don’t agree with him, so I have no clue how the project turned out cause I blocked them on YT

I think they have a video or two at best before completion but they decided to waste time into going for 107 racing leagues so who knows if it will ever be done.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Large Testicles posted:

:agreed:

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I didn't know Nik even had an online presence. What's his handle?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yep, Nik is very much not a chud by all accounts

Well, that's a relief. Somewhat of a relief, at least.

They've posted some stuff to Patreon - they're reinventing the wheel building a custom dash/gauge set. I mean, seriously, 3D printing circuit traces....

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I didn't really read AI at all for years and to come back somewhat expecting AI to have gone full chud as much of the industry and "influencers" have, its a wonderful feeling.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

DJ Commie posted:

I didn't really read AI at all for years and to come back somewhat expecting AI to have gone full chud as much of the industry and "influencers" have, its a wonderful feeling.

We're your friends, not like the others, man.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

*flicks cigarette at u*

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

SA in general is pretty anti-chud. Which is amazing considering the edgelord comedy that was the genesis of this place.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

SA in general is pretty anti-chud. Which is amazing considering the edgelord comedy that was the genesis of this place.

It really has been a crazy plot arc.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
And that's why my Miata won't start today. Too Woke!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
We absolutely do still have a shithead problem and sometimes it leaks out from the subforum but 90% is cool and good

Ether Frenzy posted:

And that's why my Miata won't start today. Too Woke!

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

mobby_6kl posted:

We absolutely do still have a shithead problem and sometimes it leaks out from the subforum but 90% is cool and good

Extremely woke and awesome Jay Kuo posted that image on Facebook and I mentioned that the BMC A series is itself "woke" by the Right's definition as it generally was the Car of the People's drivetrain choice for the UK for decades.

meatpimp posted:

We're your friends, not like the others, man.

I knew it deep down, but reactionary radicalization has and continues to be commonplace, and ever accelerating in the US.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Automotive Insanity is, at least, thought the few non AI threads I follow do seem to be reasonable.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 23, 2023

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

This is some kind of test, isn't it

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

:yikes:

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

rickiep00h posted:

This is some kind of test, isn't it

It is and you’re doing great.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
The thread most loved British mechanic has just published a gag reel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZjdFb7dNOs

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

SlowBloke posted:

The thread most loved British mechanic has just published a gag reel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZjdFb7dNOs

Unless one of the gags is Nic dying, hard pass

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Large Testicles posted:

Unless one of the gags is Nic dying, hard pass

Richard is the chud rear end in a top hat, not Nik.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Chud adjacent for the money is as bad.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

SlowBloke posted:

Richard is the chud rear end in a top hat, not Nik.

I thought I got the name wrong but I don’t care about either of them anymore

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Chud adjacent for the money is as bad.

No, not as bad, but still plenty bad enough on its own. Not going to bat for the Nic guy (I don't know who he is), but let's not effectively downplay how bad chuds are by saying everybody who doesn't disavow them are equally as bad as the chuds themselves. Both still suck rear end, the chud just sucks more rear end.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Tolerating chuds is how you get more chuds hth.

If you have one Nazi in your bar, you have a Nazi bar.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
my dude, both my post and your reply can be true at the same time

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Dick Burglar posted:

Indeed... there's always more rear end to suck.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Dick Burglar posted:

It felt more like yours was a defence of allowing people you supposedly know/work with to be complete arseholes to others and shrugging it off rather than what you're saying here tbh. :shrug:

Fact is despite all Rich's lovely behaviour and beliefs, Nik throws the occasional "oh Rich 🙄" at him but is perfectly fine to keep working with him and grabbing the patreon cash. They pull in at the very very least £7k a month purely from that so it's in Nik's interest to not rock the boat too much.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It felt more like yours was a defence of allowing people you supposedly know/work with to be complete arseholes to others and shrugging it off rather than what you're saying here tbh. :shrug:

If you read my post and took that message from it, that says more about your reading comprehension than it does about my post.

The point is, saying "people who are willing to work with Nazis are as bad as the actual Nazis" doesn't in effect drat everyone to the same extreme level of Nazis like people think it does. It makes the Nazis seem only as bad as the collaborators. It flattens out the levels of badness, and the homogeneity makes them all seem comparatively less bad. It's wrong to say "they're all the same level of bad" because it undersells just how extremely loving bad actual Nazis are.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 4, 2023

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I dunno, man, "People who knowingly work with and enable Nazis are actually Nazis" seems pretty straightforward.

Because the people who knowingly work with and enable fascists are, in fact, just as bad as fascists. Because that's fascism.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

rickiep00h posted:

I dunno, man, "People who knowingly work with and enable Nazis are actually Nazis" seems pretty straightforward.

Because the people who knowingly work with and enable fascists are, in fact, just as bad as fascists. Because that's fascism.

:amen:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Pallette cleanser from Nolan at Donut.

https://twitter.com/nolanjsykes/status/1643810282240892929?t=ILq5NTFUnztCX1h21Js1Zw&s=19

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

He's such a genuine, good dude. Watching him improve as a driver is one of my favorite parts of Donut.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Oooooh boy Motortrend / Roadkill hosed up big time with this guest

https://twitter.com/kylejhyatt/status/1655757270117122048

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oooooh boy Motortrend / Roadkill hosed up big time with this guest

https://twitter.com/kylejhyatt/status/1655757270117122048

I mean, look at the Allen TX shooter and his tattos...this could mean anything really, there's really no way to find out what that person's mindset is just by a bunch of...*squints*...Nazi tattos. Gee golly, we'll never know

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Reminder that Finnegan ended a video with a song titled, “Plandemic.”

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It looks like they already pulled the ep, but haven't really responded otherwise.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/kylejhyatt/status/1655760611828174849?s=20
What's this referring to? I'm not getting the reference. Looks like a trashy zombie tattoo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

https://twitter.com/kylejhyatt/status/1655760611828174849?s=20
What's this referring to? I'm not getting the reference. Looks like a trashy zombie tattoo?

Left of the mouth has an ss rune and I'm sure from another angle we'd see a second one on the right. In addition to the ones visible in the first shot.

Fuckup my rear end, several people looked at that video and said it was ok to publish. That poo poo was on purpose.