Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Kharnifex posted:

The real hero is the red gobbo and his lads
Pretty cool that the revolutionary left faction had already fully embraced clean wind energy even way back then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

hoiyes posted:

Pretty cool that the revolutionary left faction had already fully embraced clean wind energy even way back then

Just sayin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL_OjzEgyF8

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

hoiyes posted:

Yeah they had some drat cool stuff

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

Necrons we’re in the 3rd ed(?) codex in that big group shot of aliens

3rd edition rulebook for sure.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Yeah, alongside the Ambul, the not-Skaven and the 'dog soldier' that shows up in some Gaunt's Ghosts books.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Loxbourne posted:

I'm dubious about an Epic relaunch simply because the last two editions of Epic were apparently commercial failures. That's a LOT of internal prejudice to overcome if you're pitching a new model line.

Eediot Jedi posted:

I'm dubious about an epic relaunch because epic scale, AI and AT models for 3d printing have been around for ages, and GW gives zero shits about them.

HidaO-Win posted:

Doing Epic Horus Heresy is the low cost option, you can do a big starter with a few Aeronautica and Titan sprues and then some new generic marine infantry and vehicles. Players can run it as a two player starter, or the whole box is the basis for an loyalist or traitor army. If it does well you can start doing Xenos, Guard or Chaos specific sculpts.

I really don't think it is happening. Epic was poorly managed in the past, and thus has a track record of failure. Releasing it set in either the HH or 40k won't really add new customers for GW, only redirect sales that would have gone to HH or 40k. That is a really hard thing to sell internally, we already know the game failed to be profitable twice, and it doesn't offer much novelty. One of the key target customers would be old fans like me and others like me, and we all already have large near-complete 6mm collections. Those collections are also very very high quality with tons of poses due to very talented proxy manufacturers and 3D printing. That means GW would need to commission and produce a ton of new varied sculpts for every army they want to release, in the past everything was mono-pose. Setting it in the HH would cut down on what they need to release, but again, they already have a new HH game to support. It would be senseless to release another HH game when everyone who was interested in the HH likely just bought armies in 28mm.

That said, official support for a 6-8mm game would be great, I just really don't see it happening anytime soon, if ever.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

Virtual Russian posted:

That said, official support for a 6-8mm game would be great, I just really don't see it happening anytime soon, if ever.

The book series focused on the Horus Heresy is winding down and the scale of it is huge with several very-Epic moments like Angron facing off against a Capitol Imperialis. If they were going to do a tie in at 6mm all bets would have said it would be now-ish.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

The book series focused on the Horus Heresy is winding down and the scale of it is huge with several very-Epic moments like Angron facing off against a Capitol Imperialis. If they were going to do a tie in at 6mm all bets would have said it would be now-ish.

in fairness, they're also doing a huge Armageddon-style slugfest story event in 40k and the accompanying rule set is for zone mortalis combat patrols

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

If we ever actually see an Epic release, it'll probably be a one-off siege of the palace boxed game in AT scale.

Basically the same thing as the Battle of the Five Armies Warmaster mini-reboot.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I was just reading a two part goonhammer article on Gorkamorka and it details how the low sales of Epic 40k meant that Sales Execs firmly canned an in-progress Warmaster development because didn't want any more 6mm; they wanted 28mm and 40k setting, so Andy Chambers made Gorkamorka in eight weeks. Warmaster only came out due to Rick Priestley pushing it as a pet project, three years later and without any plastics.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Yep. And it's one of the reasons why Andy Chambers is kind of cool on Gorkamorka. It was a rushed job that he wasn't necessarily all that into.

The thread might be interested to hear that he and Thorpe have written a new mecha game to be released later this year. "Zeo Genesis". The company behind it is new, but those are pretty good credentials so it might be worth a look.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

moths posted:

If we ever actually see an Epic release, it'll probably be a one-off siege of the palace boxed game in AT scale.

Basically the same thing as the Battle of the Five Armies Warmaster mini-reboot.

Totally agree, I mentioned that earlier as well. Epic will either be a flagship game, or a game in a box, half-measures have been shown not to work. The only time Epic was really profitable was the early editions when it was a fully supported game. I just don't see them doing that again, at least in the current situation, so the only other option would be a simple game in a box.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Atlas Hugged posted:

Yep. And it's one of the reasons why Andy Chambers is kind of cool on Gorkamorka. It was a rushed job that he wasn't necessarily all that into.

The thread might be interested to hear that he and Thorpe have written a new mecha game to be released later this year. "Zeo Genesis". The company behind it is new, but those are pretty good credentials so it might be worth a look.

Oh a friend of mine is going to playtest it.

Models will be supplied via printable STL.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
So with the new updates have they made the necrons worth buying?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Al-Saqr posted:

So with the new updates have they made the necrons worth buying?

We'll have to see, but they are at least out of the basement.

Dull Fork
Mar 22, 2009
I was pretty pleased to see what they changed for Hierotek Circle.

Heres the link for anyone curious https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/obDcXbbjdnERFx6q.pdf

Just some thoughts from me on each of the changes:
Making the Reanimation Protocols go from D3 wounds, to D3+3 wounds is grrrreat. That means if a dude rolls well, he can get up at start of round with 6 wounds, and then Living Metal triggers, healing that model up to 8! Making the immortals go from rezzing and being in 1 shot range from almost all weapons, to requiring 2 hits at minimum is a big deal.
Plasmacyte Accelerator getting double the range (now 6 inches!) of his Give 1 APL ability is great and it is now 0 AP as well!
Plasmacyte Reanimator getting to rez without subtracting 1 APL is nice, but not a huge change.
They gave the Despotek the same buffs that they previously handed out to the Cryptek and Apprentek. 2hp, improved WS/BS by one. Yay!
Cryptek's command is 0 ap, and now along with it the Despotek's Demand is 0 ap as well. Demand is still meh compared to command and I would have liked the Despotek to have command as well, but still, not bad.
Reanimation Tactical Ploy is now 0 CP (this is a change from the original rules, but not a new change)
Phase Oculars cost 0 ap to use. (Also a change from the original rules, but not a new change)
Cryptek's special Cryptek actions now all expire at the start of the Cryptek's next activation. No longer will buffs run out at the end of turn, or start of turn. I really like this!

So all in all, I think these are some legit great changes, if nothing else models will stay on the board longer and should hopefully help Necrons keep the activation balance a little closer through the mid to late game.

Molrok
May 30, 2011

Dull Fork posted:

Making the Reanimation Protocols go from D3 wounds, to D3+3 wounds is grrrreat. That means if a dude rolls well, he can get up at start of round with 6 wounds, and then Living Metal triggers, healing that model up to 8! Making the immortals go from rezzing and being in 1 shot range from almost all weapons, to requiring 2 hits at minimum is a big deal.

And Technomancer has Nanoscarab Repair Swarm for additional +1 wound on Living Metal and +1 wound on Reanimation Protocols so revived Necrons come back to the table with 8 to 10 wounds, jeez.
Wonder if that's enough to tilt Chronomancer supremacy. Keep Nanoscarab Repair Swarm and Rites of Reanimation on: old metal men too angry to die. Somehow injured with all the self healing metal? Too bad, the repair swarm takes care of that too.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Atlas Hugged posted:

God that team up scream 'fun game, just ignore the fluff '

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Hey guys, need some advice on building my Legionary kill team. I only play against my brother who plays Kommandos and he seems to crush me every time. I just can't deal with all his units being concealed. I tried making a shooty list but I'm thinking I need to go full-combat to stand a chance. Currently running Champ, Plasma, Missile Launcher, Annointed, Acolyte, and a bolter dude w/malefic blade. Since we're playing Gallowdark, I'm thinking to swap the plasma for a flamer, and swap bolter guy for either a butcher or a shrivetalon. Thoughts?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Super Waffle posted:

Hey guys, need some advice on building my Legionary kill team. I only play against my brother who plays Kommandos and he seems to crush me every time. I just can't deal with all his units being concealed. I tried making a shooty list but I'm thinking I need to go full-combat to stand a chance. Currently running Champ, Plasma, Missile Launcher, Annointed, Acolyte, and a bolter dude w/malefic blade. Since we're playing Gallowdark, I'm thinking to swap the plasma for a flamer, and swap bolter guy for either a butcher or a shrivetalon. Thoughts?

Shirvetalon is an auto-include in any list.
Plasma is the mainstay, but swap it to Melta depending on board and opposing team. Orcs in Gallowdark is probably a good time for that.
Ditch the Missile Launcher, and use the Chaincannon.
Aspiring Champ is a good pick, use the Plasma pistol, and switch between Power Fist and Maul. For Orcs, probably Maul, since they have 10 wounds so you need two hits to kill them.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I finished Part 2 of my Deathwatch Intercessor Killteam/ Emerging army:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Those are really lovely. I have a soft spot for Deathwatch, sadly I only had smolmarine stuff

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Squibsy posted:

Those are really lovely. I have a soft spot for Deathwatch, sadly I only had smolmarine stuff

the only intercession member that's annoying to do with original-style marines is the gunner and you can prob bash something

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Ah but my problem is I have the kind of brain worms that make smolmarines look silly compared to the big ones

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Kroot get an extra guy and Kommandos get a free squig, that's neat.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
I was thinking about buying the kroot team, so I would need to somehow source one extra model now?

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Pretty sure the box comes with enough models even w/ the increased team size

Dull Fork
Mar 22, 2009

Davedave24 posted:

I was thinking about buying the kroot team, so I would need to somehow source one extra model now?

I bought the Into the Dark box that came with Navy Breachers and Kroot. With the additional guy, you're all good on the Kroot team with 1 box. The Navy Breachers requires 2 teams to get the maximum amount of gunners(?) I think.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Got some bargain bin items from a store. Ordered voidscarred corsairs. Gonna finally be able to paint those models.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Dull Fork posted:

I was pretty pleased to see what they changed for Hierotek Circle.

Heres the link for anyone curious https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/obDcXbbjdnERFx6q.pdf

-Necron Changes-

So all in all, I think these are some legit great changes, if nothing else models will stay on the board longer and should hopefully help Necrons keep the activation balance a little closer through the mid to late game.

I know Game development & balancing is harder than most people give credit for, especially when GW has a regular release schedule like this for KT, but it surprises me at the amount of changes they have to make to bring the Necrons in-line with other teams. It would be so amazing to have insight to the choices going on during development. Did they over-estimate the power of Reanimation, and tack on the drawbacks to try and "balance" it?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I started playing Necromunda: Hired Gun and I think I found a really fun easter egg.

Some of the terrain contains recognizable conversion bits from real life. So far I've found some obvious GW sector mechanicus sets and cargo containers, but I've also spotted a giant pinball ramp (with pinballs in it!,) normal sized nuts and bolts, leaf springs, regular sized chain links, and a few PC cooling fan covers.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

moths posted:

PC cooling fan covers.
That is the OG terrain after the bulkhead and cardboard terrain in the boxes after all.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey, just wondering: Are there any general tips for playing as orcs (specifically against dwarves) in Blood Bowl 2? I've started in a new league and had a couple of lucky 1-0 matches against elves, but I'm far from confident with playing as orcs. I also don't have much SPP - one of my blitzers has MB and my thrower has block, but that's it.

So, the way I figure it, is that I should try and knock-down and clump-up (or crowd surf on the wings) their dwarves, then try to blitz their runners/blitzers in an attempt to get rid of any ability to move the ball. Does that seem about right, or is that a little... aggressive? They have a lot of block, which is always a concern. But I'm hoping that getting rid of their 2D rolls will force him to burn all his rerolls if he wants to fight.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

I've started picking away at making a Rogue Trader kill-team of weirdos from my bitz box after finally accepting that I have no intention of ever playing Elathain's Soulraid, so I thought that Elathain would make a fun Rogue Trader in a grandiose, Eiko Ishioka style outfit. I've just fit the head and have my weapon swaps ready to go, but I can't decide if that back-banner thing is still too Idoneth or if it's suitably fabulous. Maybe I could take off the lantern and replace it with a skull or something.

fake edit: drat what a bad priming job lol

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Man, the Civilitas Imperialis Terrain kits are fuckin' awesome but I've never seen them on sale, which is really odd. I managed to snag a double kit for cheap from a guy who bought the Grand Master Edition of AT. I wonder if they stopped making them because you realistically don't need more than two kits. I got seven whole-rear end buildings out of that poo poo, and I only paid the guy like 50 bucks.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Man, the Civilitas Imperialis Terrain kits are fuckin' awesome but I've never seen them on sale, which is really odd. I managed to snag a double kit for cheap from a guy who bought the Grand Master Edition of AT. I wonder if they stopped making them because you realistically don't need more than two kits. I got seven whole-rear end buildings out of that poo poo, and I only paid the guy like 50 bucks.

Yeah, I think people either have zero or all the buildings, because that's pretty much what you see on an AT table - "We've got hills and trees" or "I built a six foot cathedral using all of the Civitas kits in the Southern Hemisphere."

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Doing some kitbashing today for my Rogue Trader KT-

And some of the dude's armsmen- converting Empire Handgunners to sort of have lasguns in both long rifle

and carbine versions.

I'll probably use the crab from the Soulraid in place of the dog, but the Rejuvenat Adept and Lectro-Maester are stumping me based on what I have at hand.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Doing some kitbashing today for my Rogue Trader KT-

this absolutely rules but it should take him an extra AP to go through a doorway

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I keep losing at Kill Team to my blood thirsty students. I’m thinking about trying a Bolter Sarg because I’m losing a chunk of ho as I rush into CC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Professor Shark posted:

I keep losing at Kill Team to my blood thirsty students. I’m thinking about trying a Bolter Sarg because I’m losing a chunk of ho as I rush into CC

i'm not gonna pretend to be a kill team expert but i do have this guide to using a marine melee sgt in intercession or phobos

don't get too aggro with your sgt. if you can be patient and aim to do something like double-charge on TP3 you'll get a lot more done than taking a risky approach against their full health team