Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Yeah you're not going to want more than one type of each LV machine at the start. Maybe automate a few things with duplicates, like ore processing lines. Well, macerators, centrifuges, and ore washing machines are quite slow and frequently used so maybe you could make two of each of those.
I think around HV you want two EBFs, and then later on you need to scale up a lot of things, but overbuilding early in the game is just a waste of time. Especially since late in the game when scaling up is REALLY needed, you get access to megablocks which solve all your problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

samcarsten posted:

anybody know why my turbines keep blowing up when i leave the chunk? I asked the discord but didnt get an answer.

I'm assuming you're playing GTNH since that's what we've been talking about recently. Check if you built them across chunk boundaries. When chunks become unloaded you risk half of a multiblock becoming unloaded but the other half is still loaded and the game basically just freaks out and can't handle it. Also check and make sure they're not being exposed to rain. Alternatively, a very early quest mentions that if you're playing single player you can just cheat yourself in a stack of Admin Anchors that'll keep your chunks constantly loaded for free. That's the route I've opted for personally.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

other possibility is your turbine's water source isn't in the same chunk as the turbine, causing them to unload at different times. that would do it

i recommend installing ftbutils so you can do manual chunkloading instead of needing to consume supplies for something so basic. another artifact of the pack makers doing everything on servers.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

McFrugal posted:

Yeah you're not going to want more than one type of each LV machine at the start. Maybe automate a few things with duplicates, like ore processing lines. Well, macerators, centrifuges, and ore washing machines are quite slow and frequently used so maybe you could make two of each of those.
I think around HV you want two EBFs, and then later on you need to scale up a lot of things, but overbuilding early in the game is just a waste of time. Especially since late in the game when scaling up is REALLY needed, you get access to megablocks which solve all your problems.

Agreed. You want one of everything in a general area for your primary crafting. Once you start building dedicated setups is when you make extra copies of things. In my current world I'm just pushing into MV and have been working on a bio-diesel setup. I got the screaming goldfish plant while I was crossbreeding for Stickreed and noticed they extract for 100 fish oil each and grow pretty quickly. I did benzene in my last world and I realized there's a really easy recursive loop with CO2 into Methanol into biodiesel, then electrolyzing the glycerol gives you enough C/H/O to make more methanol and so all you need is the fish oil and tiny sodium hydroxide (1 stack of sodium becomes 3 stacks of NaOH becomes 27 stacks of tiny piles becomes 162 stacks of biodiesel cells, and you end up swimming in sodium through clay electrolysis). Biodiesel is normally a huge pain with brewing crops into biomass and then fermenting into ethanol. I may still do that for polyethylene, or I'll just actually go get oil, haven't decided.

Just about finished crossbreeding an 11x11 field of screaming fish and puzzling out the dance of pipes and cell distribution! (In this example I made extra copies of an LV fluid extractor, an MV electrolyzer, and an LV chemical reactor. The MV chemical reactor is technically my first one but it's going to only serve the fish based power grid)

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I really haven't touched any cross-breeding stuff because I know IC2 crops are a pain in the butt with weeds and other things, but judging by the last post I feel like I might be missing out on some really useful byproducts. Same with trees and bees and Forestry in general. I'm in the process of building my first EBF, should I really suck it up and invest some time in these directions before going much further?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

in my eyes, there's a few really easy crops that you can breed up with little trouble- the black and yellow stone crops. black gives you biotite which you can centrifuge and electrolyze into fluorine, aluminium, silicon, magnesium; yellow gives you endstone which is an easy passive source of helium. just having a couple tanks filling up with fluorine and helium in the background is really nice. salty roots for salt/chlorine and sugar beets for oxygen are nice too, but there's easy ways to background each of those fluids, so i wouldn't spend time hoping for those specific crops. the crop that gives blazereed is also convenient just because it's the only way to get those drat rods without having to hunt blazes down in the nether.

most people do the stickreed crop thing, but i personally prefer setting 1/4 of a forestry farm to rubber trees. centrifuging rubber wood gives sticky resin, methane, plantballs, carbon, and wood pulp, each of which are useful passive products to have on hand before IV. as a bonus, the methane can be burned in a basic generator to produce more power than it takes to run the centrifuge and probably the farm too.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

FPzero posted:

I really haven't touched any cross-breeding stuff because I know IC2 crops are a pain in the butt with weeds and other things, but judging by the last post I feel like I might be missing out on some really useful byproducts. Same with trees and bees and Forestry in general. I'm in the process of building my first EBF, should I really suck it up and invest some time in these directions before going much further?

Never feel obligated to engage in Crop and Bee Torture (CBT). I personally never bother with either, with the following exceptions. All of these are zero breeding required IC2 crops.

* Terra Wart. Plant nether wart on cropsticks and put a full snow block underneath, and it'll transform to blue Terra Wart. A ridiculous source of auram and praecantatio essentia, and clears debuffs like milk does when eaten. Extremely useful for clearing debuffs from carrying super tanks, in particular. I keep a stack in my tool bag.
* Bonsais. Plant vanilla saplings on cropsticks.
* Glowing coral. Manufacture with Biomes O Plenty algae and glowstone, then grow more. Useful for sunnarium.
* Vanilla minecraft vines. Needed in UHV and only growable via ic2 crops.

Gwyneth Palpate fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 4, 2023

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

So, you don't actually need to gently caress around with finding a certain percentage humidity in GTNH if this is working the way I think it is. I planted a Silverwood tree right outside of my front gate, because I like having a little conservatory to see all the different kinds/get wood as I need. That one tree is changing the biome from Hot Forest (20% humidity) to Magical Forest (60% humidity) at a pretty steady pace. It went from having a small area of bright green grass around it to now covering a good chunk-sized area.

I also didn't need to spend all this time finding a Bog to get Rubber Trees to build the water tank siding, because congealed slime fits the bill perfectly and I have such a huge amount of slime saplings from that floating island that I can just ignore using treetaps at all unless I need to use sticky resin for something else. drat you GregTech QuestBook! :argh:

e: uhhhhhh so I just chopped down one of the spare silverwoods and it made a noise with some particles. :stonklol:

bawk fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 4, 2023

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Sticky Resin gives slightly better raw rubber dust ratios when you start extracting it for rubber ingots/sheets but if you have enough slime from trees then it won't really matter. You may as well set up both though, can't hurt. Later in LV you'll have to make glue and all of these options will give differing amounts of glue as byproducts. At that point you may decide to choose one over the other as your glue source.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

FPzero posted:

Sticky Resin gives slightly better raw rubber dust ratios when you start extracting it for rubber ingots/sheets but if you have enough slime from trees then it won't really matter. You may as well set up both though, can't hurt. Later in LV you'll have to make glue and all of these options will give differing amounts of glue as byproducts. At that point you may decide to choose one over the other as your glue source.

It looks like I'm stuck with Sticky Resin, Slime requires steel rods :facepalm:

Good to know there's more uses for it though!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Oh yeah, slime is definitely useful for things like resistors in place of resin. Because it only gives 2 raw rubber dust per extraction compared to resin's 3, it's more efficient to use slimeballs for the resistors instead of the resin. Just a small use though, because you do quickly get access to better resistor crafting in LV at which point yeah the slime is mostly a good glue production substitute.

Slimeleaf is real good for arrow fletching though!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I use slime sapling trees for rubber because farming sticky resin can die in a fire

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

bawk posted:

So, you don't actually need to gently caress around with finding a certain percentage humidity in GTNH if this is working the way I think it is. I planted a Silverwood tree right outside of my front gate, because I like having a little conservatory to see all the different kinds/get wood as I need. That one tree is changing the biome from Hot Forest (20% humidity) to Magical Forest (60% humidity) at a pretty steady pace. It went from having a small area of bright green grass around it to now covering a good chunk-sized area.

I also didn't need to spend all this time finding a Bog to get Rubber Trees to build the water tank siding, because congealed slime fits the bill perfectly and I have such a huge amount of slime saplings from that floating island that I can just ignore using treetaps at all unless I need to use sticky resin for something else. drat you GregTech QuestBook! :argh:

e: uhhhhhh so I just chopped down one of the spare silverwoods and it made a noise with some particles. :stonklol:

Silverwoods don't always do that. The reason they do it at all is because every tree has a (pretty decent) chance for one of the core blocks to be a thaumcraft node, and they're usually (always?) Pure nodes, which will change the biome around them like that. Pure nodes that are still in silverwood blocks will forcefully change all biomes into Magical Forest. A "naked" Pure node will only change Tainted Land into Magical Forest.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

death cob for cutie posted:

So I set up a modded server for me and a few friend groups, and had some really cool plans - I want to use Immersive Portals to put the overworld right over the Nether, and I've got nether portals disabled so we can't just use the Nether as a fast-travel network - kinda want the experience of digging out a subway system to link our distant builds.

I did a dumb thing though, and forgot to actually gen a world using the stacking. This is fixable, there's a command to enable it, but... now my world has a bunch of bedrock at the bottom of the world, where it should be obsidian that you can dig through to get to the Nether.

What's the most effective way to mass-replace all the bedrock in the world with obsidian, without having to go manually do it? I see WorldEdit has a replace command, but I've never used it - I also assume that trying to select every unit of bedrock in every chunk will end up kind of iffy. Is there a desktop tool that will do this? An iffy hack of the region files that make up the world?

Your only other choice is something that can do rettrogenning, but I'm not sure what does that in newer versions. It'd be like retrogetting ore, except it would be turning any bedrock into obsidian.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I installed Oh The Biomes You'll Go a while back, and have run into some biomes from it, but nothing too insane yet, mostly encountering some minor sulfurous hot springs or terracotta hills, or Biomes O' Plenty stuff.

until now. I found an absolutely absurd dripstone cave that is partially exposed to the surface and goes all the way down to a lava ocean.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

bawk posted:

ChromaSky 2

Dammit, you got me excited that somebody might have put Chromaticraft in a decent modpack somewhere. :v:

Currently enjoying a much more casual pack I put together for myself a little while back. I might return to Gregtech Land again eventually, but I burned out on GTNH after squeezing my way to HV. I might tackle Nomifactory again, unless there's something like Interactions that doesn't do things as stupid as gating mid-tier stuff behind the Chaos Dragon and completely turning off Peaceful mode.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

* Terra Wart. Plant nether wart on cropsticks and put a full snow block underneath, and it'll transform to blue Terra Wart. A ridiculous source of auram and praecantatio essentia, and clears debuffs like milk does when eaten. Extremely useful for clearing debuffs from carrying super tanks, in particular. I keep a stack in my tool bag.

I tried planting this but didn't have any success. It's a full snow block under normal farmland and not soul sand right? Is it a random chance to get terra wart to grow?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

FPzero posted:

I tried planting this but didn't have any success. It's a full snow block under normal farmland and not soul sand right? Is it a random chance to get terra wart to grow?

Did you plant IC2 cropsticks (item name: "crop") on the normal farmland, then right click the cropsticks while holding terra wart? You have to convert them to an ic2 crop like that before it'll work.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Did you plant IC2 cropsticks (item name: "crop") on the normal farmland, then right click the cropsticks while holding terra wart? You have to convert them to an ic2 crop like that before it'll work.

I did yes, I put snow blocks underneath regular tilled farmland, then added IC2 crops, then right clicked to add nether wart to them. I got nether wart growing on them like normal, but no terra wart. It's not a nether wart crossbreeding thing right?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

FPzero posted:

I did yes, I put snow blocks underneath regular tilled farmland, then added IC2 crops, then right clicked to add nether wart to them. I got nether wart growing on them like normal, but no terra wart. It's not a nether wart crossbreeding thing right?

Give it some time, I guess. That's the correct way to do it, but it isn't instant.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Thanks, I just tried again and noticed one of them did transform so I'm doing it right now.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

GTNH question: I've got my Coke Oven, I've got my BuildCraft Iron Tank, I've got GregTech pipes of all kinds of flavors to connect the two, but I can't get the creosote oil to actually output into my tank. I've tried clicking the pipes in every which way I can think of, but I can't actually get anything to come out of the Coke Oven. Is there a specific point I need to hook the pipe to in order for it to output? The only spot I haven't tried yet is from the bottom, basically. They're in the same chunk and they're only two blocks apart, so I'm more confused than anything.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

bawk posted:

GTNH question: I've got my Coke Oven, I've got my BuildCraft Iron Tank, I've got GregTech pipes of all kinds of flavors to connect the two, but I can't get the creosote oil to actually output into my tank. I've tried clicking the pipes in every which way I can think of, but I can't actually get anything to come out of the Coke Oven. Is there a specific point I need to hook the pipe to in order for it to output? The only spot I haven't tried yet is from the bottom, basically. They're in the same chunk and they're only two blocks apart, so I'm more confused than anything.

Did you put a pump on the pipe? Coke Ovens don't automatically output fluid, you have to pull it out.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
You also need to hit the pump on the pipe face with a screwdriver (right click) to change it to import mode. You can do the same thing with item pipes and a conveyor module to extract the charcoal.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

SynthesisAlpha posted:

You also need to hit the pump on the pipe face with a screwdriver (right click) to change it to import mode. You can do the same thing with item pipes and a conveyor module to extract the charcoal.

you actually can just use a bare hand shift-rclick to change cover settings now!

also just to reiterate, those coke ovens need the cover conveyors and pumps to automate. if this seems excessively cruel or onerous, it's a sign you don't have infrastructure yet. you'll need lots of these things, so get batch crafting! make a couple of those forestry worktables, they're godsends

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Don't be afraid to just void excess creosote, also. Mine out the bottom center block of the coke oven and replace it. This voids all the creosote inside.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

If you have only one iron tank so far I'd recommend not using it to store creosote at all, and instead prepping it for use as a steam buffer. Storing 540,000L of steam will help a lot with basic steam age processing, and once you get into LV you'll find much cheaper ways to make more tank walls. I have a big tank holding 2.8 million liters of steam as my buffer right now while I get ready to set up for other power generation and it was relatively cheap to build so big.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

McFrugal posted:

Did you put a pump on the pipe? Coke Ovens don't automatically output fluid, you have to pull it out.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

:doh:

Hooplah posted:

you actually can just use a bare hand shift-rclick to change cover settings now!

also just to reiterate, those coke ovens need the cover conveyors and pumps to automate. if this seems excessively cruel or onerous, it's a sign you don't have infrastructure yet. you'll need lots of these things, so get batch crafting! make a couple of those forestry worktables, they're godsends

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Don't be afraid to just void excess creosote, also. Mine out the bottom center block of the coke oven and replace it. This voids all the creosote inside.

Sounds good! I've got a good batch of resources now so I should be able to crank out some automation once I get the ball rolling. I might just have to move my coke oven so I can get a better setup, I have it crammed next to a so far very convenient blacksmith building in the village, right next to my steam output

FPzero posted:

If you have only one iron tank so far I'd recommend not using it to store creosote at all, and instead prepping it for use as a steam buffer. Storing 540,000L of steam will help a lot with basic steam age processing, and once you get into LV you'll find much cheaper ways to make more tank walls. I have a big tank holding 2.8 million liters of steam as my buffer right now while I get ready to set up for other power generation and it was relatively cheap to build so big.

I'm thankfully sitting on spitting distance of several iron veins, and last night while looking for a Tin vein I found a village with a rolling machine, which i believe should help out with making anothet tank. I ended up making my initial tank a 5x5x5 since I could afford the materials pretty handily and wanted extra storage space for automating coal coke production. Worst part of the whole deal was reading the fine print on the smeltery and realizing it doesn't do ore doubling, I cannibalized 2 I've found so far plus made my own materials to get the aluminum berries so my smeltery is kinda large for doing just tinkers construct tools. Oh well! Can't hurt me too much, I'll just need to get some more lava up from a pool I found under the village.

Thanks for the help yall! I should be getting readily into steam machines tonight, now that I know to build some pumps. I'm too spoiled by Pipez and Mekanism pipes where you just shift click to pull from something

bawk fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Apr 5, 2023

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

For the record pumps and conveyors are in LV so if you're just starting steam machines you'll be unable to use them unless you've found some in dungeons, loot games, etc.

Also as general knowledge, Railcraft multiblocks like coke ovens and iron tanks store their data in the bottom center block, so you can actually tear down most of an iron tank to rebuild or expand it as long as that bottom center block stays put. If you need to move the tank, try and empty it first, which is easier to do than you'd think with steam tanks and processing. Personally I like building these multiblocks on stilts so that I can have easy access to their undersides for routing pipes.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

bawk posted:

Thanks for the help yall! I should be getting readily into steam machines tonight, now that I know to build some pumps. I'm too spoiled by Pipez and Mekanism pipes where you just shift click to pull from something

It's mostly just an issue at your precise tech level, where the good stuff (ender IO) isn't unlocked yet. GT pipes are mostly designed for use with GT machines, which have their own auto-output function. That's not to say that you CAN'T use them for hooking up non-GT stuff, but the edges will be a bit rougher since the non-GT stuff tends to be much lower functionality.

One thing you can do for outputting fluids from a coke oven in steam age is use seared faucets. They can be attached to any fluid inventory, and when activated, will dispense fluid to the container directly below the faucet. (For example, a GT pipe, which is considered a fluid container.) You can continually activate the seared faucets with a vanilla redstone clock circuit.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It's mostly just an issue at your precise tech level, where the good stuff (ender IO) isn't unlocked yet. GT pipes are mostly designed for use with GT machines, which have their own auto-output function. That's not to say that you CAN'T use them for hooking up non-GT stuff, but the edges will be a bit rougher since the non-GT stuff tends to be much lower functionality.

One thing you can do for outputting fluids from a coke oven in steam age is use seared faucets. They can be attached to any fluid inventory, and when activated, will dispense fluid to the container directly below the faucet. (For example, a GT pipe, which is considered a fluid container.)
You can continually activate the seared faucets with a vanilla redstone clock circuit.

:aaaaa:

Then, theoretically, could I have it pour out into an open pipe like it was a casting basin and have it flow into a tank that way? That would be a genius bit of advice. I vaguely remember being able to pour into containers besides casting basins from my last pack because I would need to dump out some unnecessary blood into a fluid trash can every now and then from ChromaSky 2's incessant need to have Plague Doctor wandering villagers spawn with rats that just run around everywhere, and you could just place the fluid trash under a spout and pour it directly in with a click.

FPzero posted:

For the record pumps and conveyors are in LV so if you're just starting steam machines you'll be unable to use them unless you've found some in dungeons, loot games, etc.

Also as general knowledge, Railcraft multiblocks like coke ovens and iron tanks store their data in the bottom center block, so you can actually tear down most of an iron tank to rebuild or expand it as long as that bottom center block stays put. If you need to move the tank, try and empty it first, which is easier to do than you'd think with steam tanks and processing. Personally I like building these multiblocks on stilts so that I can have easy access to their undersides for routing pipes.

:hmmyes: stilts are a good idea, I should tear down both and relocate them to a better area, then start up some fluid tanks for a steam buffer and creosote. I have 2 water tanks gathering rain in the magical forest chunk I've managed to create next to my farms, so I can get some boilers set up to empty steam into another fluid tank for use in my steam/bronze machines and start production up right outside the front gate of my base.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

bawk posted:

:aaaaa:

Then, theoretically, could I have it pour out into an open pipe like it was a casting basin and have it flow into a tank that way? That would be a genius bit of advice. I vaguely remember being able to pour into containers besides casting basins from my last pack because I would need to dump out some unnecessary blood into a fluid trash can every now and then from ChromaSky 2's incessant need to have Plague Doctor wandering villagers spawn with rats that just run around everywhere, and you could just place the fluid trash under a spout and pour it directly in with a click.

yes, you can use the open end of a GT pipe just below a faucet to extract creosote. you can then have that pipe flow straight into a tank or liquid fueled firebox to make steam.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Or you can have it flow into a Buildcraft void pipe to delete the creosote. Many options, really.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

What are some places to find a Brewing Stand in LV? I really want to make a Brewery but they appear to be locked behind Thaumcraft research. The questbook mentions secret rooms in roguelike dungeons and ur-ghast towers but I've been in four dungeons without finding a room so far and I haven't seen one of these towers. Can they show up in villages or twilight forest lich towers?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Technically you can craft electric motors and pumps with only steam machines but they're super wasteful without a wiremill and bending machine.

Also, you really don't need to automate coke ovens. Just run 1 per BBF and void creosote with break and replace if you have to (or burn it as furnace fuel!). The steel EBF recipe is fantastic if you make an arc furnace and an oxygen/nitrogen setup with compressed air. 5 mins 20s for a full stack of steel at MV speed.

I mean it's also totally viable to use creosote in a semi-fluid generator (I think it's 48k per cell, so 5 coke ovens cooking wood is enough to get 32 eu/t, unless the lv semifluids have a sub 100% efficiency), and you will want it for lubricant anyway for energy hatches and the cutting machine.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

FPzero posted:

What are some places to find a Brewing Stand in LV? I really want to make a Brewery but they appear to be locked behind Thaumcraft research. The questbook mentions secret rooms in roguelike dungeons and ur-ghast towers but I've been in four dungeons without finding a room so far and I haven't seen one of these towers. Can they show up in villages or twilight forest lich towers?

Ur-Ghast is the first place they spawn in naturally, I think.

What do you want the brewery for? If it's lubricant, you don't need it -- run creosote oil through a distillery.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Yeah I wanted it for the lubricant since using talc gives a lot more lubricant per dust and the LV quest even says as much. Ah well. Seems a bit silly that they even put a quest for it in the LV tab if you're almost never going to luck across one.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

You can, technically, make them with Thaumcraft as well, but starting thaumcraft requires aluminium (and TF progress) so it's not really a viable option for babby's first EBF.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
So if you want to kickstart thaumcraft, you can do so as soon as you access twilight forest. The kobolds have a 10% chance to drop an aluminum ingot so as long as you've got a cutting machine and a lathe that's 1 ingot for the screws (2 if you only have one of those machines, 4 if you have neither). A good crossbow and 10 minutes in a hollow hill should see results, and as a bonus, between the kobolds and redcaps you'll get both gallium and arsenic. I think the slime shooting bugs can also drop aluminum (and blaze powder/rods from the fire bugs).

It's not super early in LV to get the assembling machine for the TF portal but you can bee-line it after maybe 4 machines (Wiremill + Bending machine are first priority with a chem reactor/fluid solidifier a close second for efficient rubber).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

God drat it, I did not label any of this poo poo and my supply chain backed up and I couldn't find poo poo. That's 3 rows of 24 GT machines each on the left, another 30-40 on the right and another 20 or so offscreen behind me. Then I had sodium persulfate run out and I had to dig my way back through the recipes to figure out what hosed up and finally found the chemical reactor I still had setup to manually feed in sulfur, lol.