Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is last to drop out of the primary before trump is nominated?
This poll is closed.
desantis 128 29.91%
rubio 33 7.71%
haley 57 13.32%
goku 210 49.07%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/cerca_music/status/1643050027751731202?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

euphronius posted:

the arraignment doesn’t need to be on tv

it’s the trial that is important. too many careers will be made by this trial for it not to be on tv. it’s literally the biggest trial in the history of humankind

I'm not really well read on the law but it's unprecedented that a former President is on trial. It's hilarious that it's for a dumb reason and it's Trump but this still feels big.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I have so much work to do today, Im so mad I won't be able to keep up with the content

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

For the first time ever will the former president pay somebody (a tiny fine)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Greg Legg posted:

I'm not really well read on the law but it's unprecedented that a former President is on trial. It's hilarious that it's for a dumb reason and it's Trump but this still feels big.

its not unprecedented. The GOP put clinton on trial while he was president.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

a new kind of hypernormalization just dropped

Oops! Ive murdered even a whiff of left wing politics and now the only way to oppose the status quo is to become a frothing lunatic!

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

euphronius posted:

hahaha I forgot all about that.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

euphronius posted:

lmao how quickly we forget

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

crazy how foreclosing on the concept of the future has made everyone insane

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Every news source I've heard this morning is doing their damnest to imply that he's on trial for presidential misdeeds lol

he's not! He broke the law as a private citizen!!

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

so perhaps we should restate:

it is unprecedented for a Republican former president to be on trial.

we only send the democrats to court!

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!

euphronius posted:

https://twitter.com/ampol_moment/status/1542665223835979778?t=Q5WgOyRA1byfVCL2rsmAwg&s=19

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

also the only reason Nixon did not get prosecuted is because Ford gave him an unprecedented and corrupt blanket pardon. and then Reagan was too senile to ever stand trial!

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Whatever happens, I hope it's stupid

Apr 7, 2003

lol Ford pardoning Nixon more than anything else set us on this path to begin with

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

That kicks rear end

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

lol Ford pardoning Nixon more than anything else set us on this path to begin with

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
lmao, why is everyone saying Trump Trial?!!

he isn't on trial, this is not a trial! maybe it will get to a trial, but I doubt it!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

As a result of certain acts or omissions occurring before his resignation from the Office of President, Richard Nixon has become liable to possible indictment and trial for offenses against the United States. Whether or not he shall be so prosecuted depends on findings of the appropriate grand jury and on the discretion of the authorized prosecutor. Should an indictment ensue, the accused shall then be entitled to a fair trial by an impartial jury, as guaranteed to every individual by the Constitution.

It is believed that a trial of Richard Nixon, if it became necessary, could not fairly begin until a year or more has elapsed. In the meantime, the tranquility to which this nation has been restored by the events of recent weeks could be irreparably lost by the prospects of bringing to trial a former President of the United States. The prospects of such trial will cause prolonged and divisive debate over the propriety of exposing to further punishment and degradation a man who has already paid the unprecedented penalty of relinquishing the highest elective office of the United States.

Now, Therefore, I, Gerald R. Ford, President of the United States, pursuant to the pardon power conferred upon me by Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, have granted and by these presents do grant a full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

the milk machine posted:

Computer, generate Blood Meridian but it's about Donald J Trump making his way from Florida to New York to surrender to the woke gender police.
he's going to arrive in DC leading a massive army of clowns in golf carts

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
What's the timeline today? 11am arrival at courthouse, 2:15 arraignment, by 5 Killary is locked up?

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Pohl posted:

he isn't on trial, this is not a trial! maybe it will get to a trial, but I doubt it!

No they are gonna lock him up and then the gop will see the error of their ways and everyone can go back to being "quietly" racist like in the 90s

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

euphronius posted:

As a result of certain acts or omissions occurring before his resignation from the Office of President, Richard Nixon has become liable to possible indictment and trial for offenses against the United States. Whether or not he shall be so prosecuted depends on findings of the appropriate grand jury and on the discretion of the authorized prosecutor. Should an indictment ensue, the accused shall then be entitled to a fair trial by an impartial jury, as guaranteed to every individual by the Constitution.

It is believed that a trial of Richard Nixon, if it became necessary, could not fairly begin until a year or more has elapsed. In the meantime, the tranquility to which this nation has been restored by the events of recent weeks could be irreparably lost by the prospects of bringing to trial a former President of the United States. The prospects of such trial will cause prolonged and divisive debate over the propriety of exposing to further punishment and degradation a man who has already paid the unprecedented penalty of relinquishing the highest elective office of the United States.

Now, Therefore, I, Gerald R. Ford, President of the United States, pursuant to the pardon power conferred upon me by Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, have granted and by these presents do grant a full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974.

clown poo poo

AzzaccaRye
Dec 9, 2020

Real Mean Queen posted:

Whatever happens, I hope it's stupid

Pohl posted:

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

watch biden do it again lmao

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1643000819480948740

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

piss guzzler 420 posted:

also lol getting an email with the subject heading “active killer training” first thing in the morning

Lol we got one of those too. Maybe it'll be different from the last one where the chud cops showed up to eat pizza and tell us there's nothing you can do in mass shooting event because most people go into lizard brain mode and can't even move.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Javid posted:

There's nothing to pardon, he's maybe gonna get a $500 fine

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I ANAL but I think the stature of limitations was tolled by the 4 years he was immune to prosecution.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

goth smoking cloves posted:

No they are gonna lock him up and then the gop will see the error of their ways and everyone can go back to being "quietly" racist like in the 90s

no, no!!

I was promised the end of history, not reruns!

Apr 7, 2003

goth smoking cloves posted:

There's nothing to pardon, he's maybe gonna get a $500 fine

That reminds me, Joe Biden owes me $600 and also around $11,600 in student loan forgiveness.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1643021222182105090

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

That reminds me, Joe Biden owes me $600 and also around $11,600 in student loan forgiveness.

Joe doesn't owe bernie bros anything

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Javid posted:

Biden can't pardon a state level crime! Otherwise, he probably loving would.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/NRSC/status/1642961709488017408?s=20

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lol we got one of those too. Maybe it'll be different from the last one where the chud cops showed up to eat pizza and tell us there's nothing you can do in mass shooting event because most people go into lizard brain mode and can't even move.

haha. lol

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
my trump loving wife is in shambles :(

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

Javid posted:

Biden will step down and hand trump the presidency in a show of bipartisanship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

biden isnt going to pardon trump and, thankfully, the liberals arent even suggesting it.