Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

The Saddest Rhino posted:

here's jeff as pizza face

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
It’s too bad the mod who was responsible for getting goons to give Doobie money gassed the entire thread because it was really funny reading through and seeing people saying it was a bad idea and getting told to shut up because…

Then the predictable outcome happened and the mod tried “It was all a joke who cares jeez lol” and got roasted

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MarcusSA posted:

Mini “saga” involving the 2019 GIP secret Santa

Guy gets nice gift package

Guy almost causes National emergency trying to calibrate one of the gifts.
to be fair, if I knew I was sending a gift to the guy who posts the Luca photos, I'd send a huge gift with some wild poo poo in it too.

lmao, who's peppino then

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

lmao

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://twitter.com/zuza_real/status/1629203511710822401?s=20

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

to be fair, if I knew I was sending a gift to the guy who posts the Luca photos, I'd send a huge gift with some wild poo poo in it too.

lmao, who's peppino then

hmm...

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Captain Invictus posted:

lmao, who's peppino then

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lol.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

Is it okay to ask why AI posters are getting a ton of sixers with car engine pics right now? It's current events stuff, but I assume it's not drama, just something funny/weird.

Cat gets bored, goons like silly probes. vOv

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Lmao

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Sometimes mods will offer (or posters will ask for) picture probes. Like, my latest three entries are a Heathcliff comic, a cat I befriended and a nazi getting punched, because those are cool pictures I like. It's just a cute thing for mods/threads to do sometimes.

The funniest part is that apparently there are some users who browse the forums primarily via the Leper's Colony, who would get absolutely steamed that there's a page of gifs in there and make angry threads in QCS about the Leper's Colony being unreadable.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

pentyne posted:

yeah, some very normal stuff

the thread makes it 18 pages before they start ranting about the fyad invasion derailing their thread about a moron running around rural Hawaii with guns everywhere.

Lol. It’s all just a big show to admit to being barely taller than a baby. Awesome.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

game looks cool

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it IS cool

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Sometimes mods will offer (or posters will ask for) picture probes. Like, my latest three entries are a Heathcliff comic, a cat I befriended and a nazi getting punched, because those are cool pictures I like. It's just a cute thing for mods/threads to do sometimes.

The funniest part is that apparently there are some users who browse the forums primarily via the Leper's Colony, who would get absolutely steamed that there's a page of gifs in there and make angry threads in QCS about the Leper's Colony being unreadable.

People whining about pictures in the LC will never not be funny to me.

I would like it if it was more filterable/searchable than it currently is but I imagine that's fairly low priority

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

lol

Roger Ebert would 100% appreciate the hot girl fighting game in Yakuza 0. Maybe even the hot girl fighting game where they dress as bugs in Yakuza Kiwami.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Why would you make chilli when plasagna is right there

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmfao

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

I would like it if it was more filterable/searchable than it currently is but I imagine that's fairly low priority

Astral actually said the LC is starting to get too large for *something* like when some threads were getting too big for the forums so it might be more pressing than you think

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

Astral actually said the LC is starting to get too large for *something* like when some threads were getting too big for the forums so it might be more pressing than you think
The issue isn't really LC, or any particular thread - it's that handling pagination is apparently not a solved problem in the year 2023.

So if you've got something like the leper's colony or the yospos cat images thread, clicking the dropdown menu causes a tiny bit of lag because it has to render all the thousands of entries.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

they’re not funny or entertaining op, so spamming them in a thread or the Lc or pretty much anywhere would be equally fail, this isn’t exactly a brain buster

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lmfao

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Lol

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

The issue isn't really LC, or any particular thread - it's that handling pagination is apparently not a solved problem in the year 2023.

So if you've got something like the leper's colony or the yospos cat images thread, clicking the dropdown menu causes a tiny bit of lag because it has to render all the thousands of entries.

lol you're right it's pagination and i'm really joyful that I keep forgetting that is the issue because it's hilarious

and i just get to keep rehearing that joke and being surprised/reminded

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

lmao

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Screaming internally at this but also lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I dated a doula for a couple of years and I regret to inform you that people who get doulas and / or midwives keep the placenta at an alarming rate

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Screaming internally at this but also lol

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

PYF Something Awful Legends: Screaming internally at this but also lol

EDIT: :cool:

Deathslinger fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 5, 2023

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Drinkslinger posted:

PYF Something Awful Legends: Screaming internally at this but also lol

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
loling internally at this but also scream

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Nuns with Guns posted:

lol

Roger Ebert would 100% appreciate the hot girl fighting game in Yakuza 0. Maybe even the hot girl fighting game where they dress as bugs in Yakuza Kiwami.

He didn't even hate video games he just had an overly pedantic definition of art that excluded them.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
trying to show roger ebert art (bioshock infinite) and getting enraged when he gives it two thumbs down

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Showing Roger Ebert Ivy from Soul Calibur and watching as he does the worlds first jawless pog face

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Roger Ebert once reviewed the obscure adventure game Cosmology of Kyoto so as far as I'm concerned he's an honorary gamer.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

DaysBefore posted:

Showing Roger Ebert Ivy from Soul Calibur and watching as he does the worlds first jawless pog face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20zPl0JhbTo

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

rodbeard posted:

He didn't even hate video games he just had an overly pedantic definition of art that excluded them.

I don't even feel like it was overly-pedantic. He just had a severe disdain for "corporate art" and yeah most major video games are deeply, cynically corporate works. If he was still around today he would've dumped on the MCU and triggered a similar nerd rage meltdown as Martin Scorsese.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

DaysBefore posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thinking about all the people who called the last of us 2 the citizen kane of video games and loling