Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

PvP is dogshit in all games but at least in this one I can take out the Barbie I dressed up and shoot gouts of flame from her hand while I listen to Hollywood Handbook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
trials was good, actually

heated game moment fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 3, 2023

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I stand by the thread title. It's very hard to get mad at losing when it's very funny.

Apparently I went from Rank 10 on Trials to Rank 11 after a reset thanks to my Game Help(tm). So Trials must have worked for me!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
The last match of Trials that I did to hit the reset, my team went 0-5 and tbh I don't think my teammates were even trying to fire their weapons, because they, like me, probably had enough points that they'd hit the cap regardless of the match's outcome.

But then when the match finished I finally got the catalyst for Le Monarque, so Trials is good, actually.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
PVP is bad

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

:hmmyes:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Yeah it sucks but where else was I supposed to get two of the four Warlock helmets in the game that look good?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
and now I have the weapon that will make it even worse

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
pvp is cool if you're not up against super sweatlords and you're not trying to do some quest/bounty/catalyst

Matches where you're up against other bad players using equipment you like are actually pretty rad. And that's why mayhem is the best

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

My favorite PVP experience is when it's a 6V6 on that one map where the two control points are in like a swamp or whatever and I just stand on whatever side I spawn near and ready Dead Man's Tale and have little sniper duels with people.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trials was fun this weekend because the Bow is poo poo and no one was actually chasing it everyone in the pool was in it for the good vibes

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I like bows and I really like the one I got from Trials but I didn't get the special one because I'm not good at video games. It's just how it is on this bitch of an Earth

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's weird that there's no 'Good at PvP but bad at PvE' players. I wonder if crucible skills directly translate into stuff like master raid proficiency or if there's just some underlying correlation like high IQ or T levels

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I would say that in most trials matches at least 3, and usually 4+, people had their Immortal equipped.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's weird that there's no 'Good at PvP but bad at PvE' players. I wonder if crucible skills directly translate into stuff like master raid proficiency or if there's just some underlying correlation like high IQ or T levels

oh those people absolutely exist. Every time someone joins my LFG and they have a trials emblem on I mentally prepare myself for encountering the dumbest motherfucker of the night

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
And that Guardian's name....

Was Albert Einstein

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I went to play Rift and I got Cathedral of Dusk three times in a row and I feel like I should be entitled to financial compensation for this.

Okay, next game is Disjunction. Okay. Okay. Great.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

And that Guardian's name....

Was Albert Einstein

albert einstein would definitely be the third person with a nuke walking to blue

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

arsenicCatnip posted:

person with a nuke

Well there's your problem, friend. Can't ask a trials player to carry!

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Hey to get that pvpinny i strapped sweet fuckin' business to the war rig and just sprayed from round start to end. People will roll with you and mop up or use you as a decoy. It's so stupid that it works. Sometimes they charge single file at you?! Hilarious.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Majere posted:

Hey to get that pvpinny i strapped sweet fuckin' business to the war rig and just sprayed from round start to end. People will roll with you and mop up or use you as a decoy. It's so stupid that it works. Sometimes they charge single file at you?! Hilarious.

I will always respect anyone that uses Sweet Business. I have never been mad in crucible getting killed by it. Whoever is using it is clearly having a good time

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

That's not even remotely true lmao there are a tonne of people who have great PvP numbers but seem too dumb to realise that you need to stun champs or use cover in Nightfalls or whatever lol

Edit: Oh okay, I get the bit now. You pushed a bit much when you went for "T levels" lol

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Majere posted:

Something about hearing the clattering of a sweet business in pvp is loving terrifying, it does mad psychic damage and makes me play even dumber than normal :ohdear:

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

syntaxfunction posted:

Trials is fun if you've taken drugs, I have discovered that.

This weeks adept bow brought to you by Saint-14s weed stash

was space meth in the Osiris wake up tea?

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

That's not even remotely true lmao there are a tonne of people who have great PvP numbers but seem too dumb to realise that you need to stun champs or use cover in Nightfalls or whatever lol

Edit: Oh okay, I get the bit now. You pushed a bit much when you went for "T levels" lol

In general, to be good at PVP you have excellent awareness so good PvPr's can quite easily adjust to pve

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

heated game moment posted:

trials was good, actually

I need to play more with you Casey

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Horsebanger posted:

In general, to be good at PVP you have excellent awareness so good PvPr's can quite easily adjust to pve

i know a bunch of PVP people who hate the PVE side of things because the TTKs are super long by comparison

which: lol, lmao

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
i love linear fusion cuisine

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Okay so I rarely use bows but gently caress are they fun and good. Fellow bow afficionados, recommend me all of the good bows! I know nothing of them but I'd like to!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Okay so I rarely use bows but gently caress are they fun and good. Fellow bow afficionados, recommend me all of the good bows! I know nothing of them but I'd like to!

Lemon. The answer is Lemon.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Snapes N Snapes posted:

You want anything with a short draw time, not a lightweight, and explosive arrows never hurt.

Trinity Ghoul is your crazy good general use bow. There are others too but thats the one that clears out whole rooms by itself. Le Monarque is equally good but in a different way and my personal favorite. Don't have much to say on the rest. I don't think there are any bad bow exotics but their descriptions kind of make it clear what they do so you can pick the one best for your needs.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Snapes N Snapes posted:

one of my personal favourites is Tyranny of Heaven from the Last Wish loot pool; it can get a couple of neat perks that bungie have phased out like Sneak Bow.

Also, Leviathan's Breath! It has done a sailor moon-esque transformation from garbage meme pick to DPS monster AND it has intrinsic unstop.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Icons at the tower "pulse" on my map when I "need" to talk to these people, right? Rahool's icon is doing that but I've looked through all three pages and I don't see anything.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There may be stuff he thinks is buyable but isn’t actually buyable because you’ve hit the inventory cap. If you got the Lightfall deluxe edition it came with a couple of ascendant shards and alloys, for example

Also sometimes the flashing is just bugged and never goes away for no reason, I think Drifter still does that sometimes so maybe Rahool can too

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Snapes N Snapes posted:

This season's exotic bow is fun as hell.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Thanks Guardians! Looks like I'm going double bow (primary+heavy) from now on. Any legendary recommendations or is it always precision frame+fastest drawtime+dmg perk?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Thanks Guardians! Looks like I'm going double bow (primary+heavy) from now on. Any legendary recommendations or is it always precision frame+fastest drawtime+dmg perk?

That is basically it for legendary bows.

All bow is a neat idea but you might want to consider a utility special like Riptide or a disorienting GL, especially with auto loading holster.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Wish Ender is the best bow in the game by far.

It's not obvious until you use it but the arrow hits enemies 3x per shot after the most recent buff. It does about 50% of a rocket's damage with a single precision hit due to this and can take down any shielded enemy with ease.

Also sees through walls at full draw. Intrinsic anti-barrier. Can cheese certain bosses through their invuln shields.

LeMon is up there due to intrinsic Overload and AoE poison properties but it loses out to the raw damage of Wish Ender

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Apr 4, 2023

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

ex post facho posted:

Also sees through walls at full draw.

gently caress, why didn't I name myself Hanjo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

there’s a lady who plays this game about whom Bungie just did a community focus and she loves to run triple bows—one in kinetic, one in energy, and Leviathan’s Breath. (she’s a Hunter main [ew] so she could plausibly run Void and have quadruple bows.)

she goes by SamiKatPlays and she has cleared every dungeon solo flawless with all bows, no artifact mods, and no HUD. and she is my hero.