Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Xbox Series S was designed from the ground up to convert Fortnite kids into GamePass subscribers, you'll never convince me otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Issaries posted:

FPS is for tryhards.
Raytracing always on. No matter what.

Worst take in this thread in long time

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
4K60 Mid Settings (Forza where you can see the pop-in) > 4K30 High

If I had to choose between 4K30 or HD60 then I'd probably go 4K, but luckily with the X I don't have to worry about that choice.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Yeah ray tracing isn't impressive enough to go from 60 to 30 fps, woof. Maybe when I can afford to upgrade my GPU and aren't forced to play at lower than 60 fps. I tried it in Elden Ring and it was a very subtle visual difference that made the game play like dogshit. Tried it in Control and it was the same. No thanks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/yip_tran/status/1642910221004869635

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Been playing Quantum Break and the 30fps does not bother me at all. I don't think 30 fps will ever bother me as long as the fps is stable.

I'd choose a stable 30 fps over an unstable 60 fps every day.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Just saw Quantum Break is leaving game pass. What’s up with that? I though Microsoft owned that.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

They also own Forza but welp

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Both car related, in Forzas case they only licensed the music and cars for a set number of years, in Quantum Break's case it's that the ongoing royalties check from Nissan's marketing department bounced.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man I love that starfield controller design. First time I've been seriously tempted by a gimmick design.

Also I am pretty sure that licensing issues are the single biggest threat to game preservation and it loving sucks.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

Also I am pretty sure that licensing issues are the single biggest threat to game preservation and it loving sucks.

Yeah, "owning" a game for a studio can be a bit of a precarious concept because there are so many assets involved in a game from all sorts of sources and because of how complicated patching out content can be, especially years after a game's release, it can often mean delisting a game if a license has an expiration. This is common for things like vehicles (e.g. Forza) and licensed IPs (e.g. games based off Transformers, Ninja Turtles, Ghostbusters etc.) and can be a thing for stock footage (Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3) and soundtracks (the PS2-era GTAs have I think all been reissued multiple times with slightly trimmed soundtracks each time).

Not sure what the issue with Quantum Break might be but the way it was made like a TV show I'm not surprised if things like Game Pass deals are always temporary as a result.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I essentially got paid to upgrade from my One S to a Series S after offloading the Fortnite/Rocket League stuff it came with lol. I also having a decent gaming PC though, so I don't need the most powerful console.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

Been playing Quantum Break and the 30fps does not bother me at all. I don't think 30 fps will ever bother me as long as the fps is stable.

I'd use vrr

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

John F Bennett posted:

Too bad it didn't get the FPS Boost treatment but atleast it's One X enhanced so you're not playing at 720p.

To add to the S vs X argument, Series S doesn't benefit from One X enhancements so this game like many others would look pretty blurry.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Apparently, Quantum Break is being removed because of licensing issues, but might be added back at a later date (translated) :

We have reached out to Microsoft for comment and have now received a response. Microsoft has informed us from XboxDynasty that the removal of Quantum Break must be done for the time being due to "current licensing issues".
However, the team is working hard to ensure that Quantum Break will be back in the Xbox Game Pass subscription service as soon as possible.

Source : https://www.xboxdynasty.de/news/xbox-game-pass/quantum-break-entfernung-wegen-lizenzproblemen/

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Oh, that sucks.
Did you get to finish it, yet?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Still have a physical copy I never got around to so the short time it's unavailable on Game Pass would be the perfect timebox to finish :getin:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Issaries posted:

Oh, that sucks.
Did you get to finish it, yet?

Not yet! I just finished Act 3 and I still have a couple of weeks left, so I should be able to finish it.

Very cool game though, I'm loving it. Truly the future of gaming.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Next Batch of Gamepassery

COMING:
Today: Loop Hero (Console and PC)
April 6: Iron Brigade (Cloud and Console)
April 12: Ghostwire: Tokyo (Cloud, Console, and PC)
April 13: NHL 23 (Console)
April 18: Minecraft Legends (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:
Leaving April 15:
Life is Strange: True Colors (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Moonglow Bay (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Panzer Corps II (PC)
Rainbow Six Extraction (Cloud, Console, and PC)
The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk (Cloud, Console, and PC)
The Long Dark (Cloud, Console, and PC)
The Riftbreaker (Cloud, Console, and PC)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

iron brigade fuckin rules

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Oh cool Loop Hero. Also didn't Iron Brigade just get delisted on the 360? Weird.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

I should probably finish the Life is Strange: True Colors, but :effort:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I remember Iron Brigade being pretty good. I liked it enough to play a sequel but I dont think that happened.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

The Kins posted:

COMING:

GOING:
Leaving April 15:
Panzer Corps II (PC)

Thank you for doing this. Makes it a whole lot easier to update my spreadsheet and wish lists because I can barely keep track of what is on Game Pass and what isn't and what I'm interested in playing.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

$100 in xbone gift cards for $80 if you have a costco membership

https://www.costco.com/.product.1569642.html

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

The Kins posted:

COMING:

GOING:
Leaving April 15:
Panzer Corps II (PC)

Quantum Break isnt on here, is it no longer being removed?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

the rat fandom posted:

Quantum Break isnt on here, is it no longer being removed?
It is, but Remedy have announced that it'll be coming back ASAP.

https://twitter.com/remedygames/status/1643270033722814464

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Streaming a game like loop hero is the height of decadence :getin:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I can recommend The Riftbreaker.

It's kind of a blend of twin-stick shooter with base building & tower defence where you land on an alien planet and go ham on the local flora & fauna with all manner of heavy weapons. :flame:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

Man I love that starfield controller design. First time I've been seriously tempted by a gimmick design.

yeah I intend to buy that controller once its available.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Doesn't look very cheeto-proof though

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Fanatic posted:

I can recommend The Riftbreaker.

It's kind of a blend of twin-stick shooter with base building & tower defence where you land on an alien planet and go ham on the local flora & fauna with all manner of heavy weapons. :flame:

It works okay on Xbox despite clearly being built around PC.

I think it takes a moment before it's clear just how permanent even your early decisions are intended to be taken, like it frames itself as a game where you do RTS style base building and move to the next level but no no you start out in a meta level that you have to take seriously.

So I guess I'm saying do the tutorial, which I didn't even know existed?

Tech trees for days. A true game for tech tree lovers.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Goat Simulator was readded to game pass too.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Kins posted:

It is, but Remedy have announced that it'll be coming back ASAP.

https://twitter.com/remedygames/status/1643270033722814464
Almost certainly this is a music licensing issue

I think the same thing happened some years back with Alan Wake

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Issaries posted:

I should probably finish the Life is Strange: True Colors, but :effort:

:same:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Lammasu posted:

Goat Simulator was readded to game pass too.

Owns, my kids love that one

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

MJBuddy posted:

It works okay on Xbox despite clearly being built around PC.

I think it takes a moment before it's clear just how permanent even your early decisions are intended to be taken, like it frames itself as a game where you do RTS style base building and move to the next level but no no you start out in a meta level that you have to take seriously.

So I guess I'm saying do the tutorial, which I didn't even know existed?

Tech trees for days. A true game for tech tree lovers.
I tried it on the Xbox and the gamepad controls made me immediately nope out and uninstall in like 5 minutes. navigating the menus in build mode just felt insanely unnecessarily clunky and it was the most visceral "controls bad!!" reaction I've had in a while.

I'm down to try it on PC for kb+m, hopefully it is a lot more natural

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Professor Beetus posted:

Yeah ray tracing isn't impressive enough to go from 60 to 30 fps, woof. Maybe when I can afford to upgrade my GPU and aren't forced to play at lower than 60 fps. I tried it in Elden Ring and it was a very subtle visual difference that made the game play like dogshit. Tried it in Control and it was the same. No thanks.

Graphics standards are fluid. Pixel pushing and the perception of what makes games visually relevant have consistently changed for decades.

What hasn't changed is that 60fps feels great to play. 60fps is why games from 30 years ago still play just as well as they ever did, regardless of how their graphics were received at the time or look like now.

As soon as a graphics option lowers my frames I turn that poo poo straight off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/TrueAchievement/status/1643553223242833920?s=20

Surprise showcase today