Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

The LP of Michigan was just upgraded to severe storms for Wednesday. The Eastern UP is going to get an ice storm. cool cool

Tornados are not supposed to hit a place where two rivers meet. This is what residents of Portland, Michigan, have said for years. The Grand and Looking Glass rivers did not save them from a tornado in 2015 that managed to damage every single church in town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Seatbelts posted:

100% agree, 1 in 6 women will be sexually assaulted in their lives; if that was true for men we'd move heaven and earth to fix it.

I think it's 1 in 4 now

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

The LP of Michigan was just upgraded to severe storms for Wednesday. The Eastern UP is going to get an ice storm. cool cool

Trust in the local electric utility here in southeast MI is already at an all-time low after an ice storm knocked out power for some 740,000 homes and businesses earlier this year (some for over a week in the dead of winter), followed by a mild storm that took out 150,000 a week later. I am not excited to see what springtime severe weather will do.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

hopefully those 2 storms took out most of the trees at risk

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I think it's 1 in 4 now

When there is an agenda being pushed, statistics tend to be less than reliable. Here's a PBS article.

I think there is something to be gleaned from the reaction on this thread by mentioning that men are having a hard time and need some support as opposed to constant derision.

TehSaurus posted:

Speaking as a man, men are such garbage. Someone should do something. Maybe reverse suffrage.

I'd prefer to not totally derail the thread, so I won't be addressing this again.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

drat I didn't know this forum still had MRAs

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

The Grand and Looking Glass rivers did not save them from a tornado in 2015 that managed to damage every single church in town.

Missed opportunity for God to reveal the one true remnant church.

:sad:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

The agenda of women being sexually assaulted

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Wow that sure was a post. My recommendation is that you go from not mentioning it in this thread to not mentioning it anywhere ever.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comatoast posted:

I'd prefer to not totally derail the thread, so I won't be addressing this again.

You should probably stop posting altogether.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
OH/MI/PA are probably going to see strong thunderstorms and heightened tornado chances tomorrow. The region got bumped to Enhanced risk this morning and they may get another bump this afternoon. Most of the region is a "10% tornado chance" zone which is very unusual.

https://twitter.com/NWSSPC/status/1643133785922490381?s=20

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
weather in here getting spicy

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

OH/MI/PA are probably going to see strong thunderstorms and heightened tornado chances tomorrow. The region got bumped to Enhanced risk this morning and they may get another bump this afternoon. Most of the region is a "10% tornado chance" zone which is very unusual.

https://twitter.com/NWSSPC/status/1643133785922490381?s=20
poo poo yeah. As an ohioan, I commend Gaia's plan to remove us from the earth.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Scour Ohio down to the bedrock. Salt the bare earth. Well, as long as salt won't react with whatever industrial chemical residue is left

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
buncha halophile plants spring up immediately "Oh thank god you salted the earth, it's been rough here in Ohio"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Thread gets ornery when there's no weather going on, where dem naders

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Round two

https://mobile.twitter.com/NWSSPC/status/1643289378834481152

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Yeah we lost 3 trees in one night and most of the fences in my neighborhood around hickory hill in i guess probably around 1999? and I also remember having a full on run into the hall way and kiss your rear end goodbye at berclaire in like 1993ish so I knew very accutely that the bluff thing sounded like bullshit but I did wonder about actual statistics and pathing etc.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

love to come into the cspam weather thread and talk about cool weather stuff like "men only rape because america hates them"

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

severe thunderstorm warning? gently caress this the national weather service isn't going to tell me what to do

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Excited to see my friends in the Ohio river valley get sucked up in a turbo tornado

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

silicone thrills posted:

Yeah we lost 3 trees in one night and most of the fences in my neighborhood around hickory hill in i guess probably around 1999? and I also remember having a full on run into the hall way and kiss your rear end goodbye at berclaire in like 1993ish so I knew very accutely that the bluff thing sounded like bullshit but I did wonder about actual statistics and pathing etc.

in 1994-5? tornado ripped through Germantown so we had to share half days for a month with Houston high people while I attended Germantown High(rip).

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

OK now it's hailing out. hearing it real loud on my balcony. i regret everthing i've said and i'm real scared

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Slider posted:

OK now it's hailing out. hearing it real loud on my balcony. i regret everthing i've said and i'm real scared

please don't hold onto any glass doors

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Otacon posted:

please don't hold onto any glass doors

*unless you're livestreaming

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

sonatinas posted:

in 1994-5? tornado ripped through Germantown so we had to share half days for a month with Houston high people while I attended Germantown High(rip).

That’s the same year a tornado went through my neighborhood near White Station, but as much as I remember (I was only four at the time) it only knocked one very large tree over on my street.

That’s also the same year we had that big ice storm.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

love to come into the cspam weather thread and talk about cool weather stuff like "men only rape because america hates them"

there's a 90% chance of incels next page

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Space Robot posted:

That’s the same year a tornado went through my neighborhood near White Station, but as much as I remember (I was only four at the time) it only knocked one very large tree over on my street.

That’s also the same year we had that big ice storm.

that ice storm of 94 was rough. almost had a tree fall on me 2x, once while en route to the hospital. power out for god knows while chopping wood for heat because a parent was getting a hip replaced.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Psycho Society posted:

I have a hard enough time figuring out how the Hadley, Ferrel, and polar cells work, these In cells sound baffling.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Psycho Society posted:

The environment is conducive to widespread superincell formation which could lead to long term shitposting.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/aaronjayjack/status/1643405319408877569

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
not so pleasantville

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Slider posted:

please tell us you deployed the tarp

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they should just build the entire house out of the blue tarp.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
haven’t seen any tarps get destroyed yet

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

ok please help me here, there's a goddamn storm in the midwest. it's 61F and slightly windy - perhaps 90% humidity. i'm completely baffled here - anyone else out there to help me??

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

sonatinas posted:

that ice storm of 94 was rough. almost had a tree fall on me 2x, once while en route to the hospital. power out for god knows while chopping wood for heat because a parent was getting a hip replaced.

My memories of that time are a bit hazy. I remember my parents nailing towels to the entry ways to our large vaulted living room to keep the heat in, and then moving two large beds right up to the fireplace for us to sleep near. We then stayed at different relatives' places since apparently our power stayed off for weeks. I remember the outside looking like it had turned into some kind of magical ice world. For a little kid that was all a bunch of silly fun, I doubt I'd have the same attitude if it happened today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Stereotype posted:

haven’t seen any tarps get destroyed yet

and, of course, you won't