Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jolyon having a “leopards” moment

https://twitter.com/jolyonmaugham/status/1643152894617612289?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Trans people are hosed in this country

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"No book on capitalism had water companies breaking the law, destroying the environment, and capturing monopoly profits, all without sanction. This is corporate capture, of this Government."

No book on capitalism had water companies breaking the law,

destroying the environment,

and capturing monopoly profits,

all without sanction.

You can just say "I've never read any good books on capitalism" jolyaugham.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

if only we ever had a party pledging to take back water into public ownership

ah well, less food for migrants it is.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

ItohRespectArmy posted:

if only we ever had a party pledging to take back water into public ownership

ah well, less food for migrants it is.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Seems Virgin Media have been colossally making GBS threads themselves worse than usual the past 48 hours. My neck of the woods has now also fallen.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

Seems Virgin Media have been colossally making GBS threads themselves worse than usual the past 48 hours. My neck of the woods has now also fallen.

I had that last night, lost access to random bits of the internet, couldn't get on a bunch of sites but youtube and google still worked. Was beginning to wonder if someone hit an undersea cable or something.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

happened to me right in the middle of my blades in the dark game :negative:

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

I lied to my boss this morning that I would be late for a meeting (that I had forgotten about) because I was having internet problems. So I'm kind of pleased that Virgin has decided to make me be telling the truth after all!

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Tesseraction posted:

idk if this is related but last night there was no wifi on the underground either

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Tesseraction posted:

So that's what it is!! I've been busting my bonce trying to figure out what was wrong with my router/powerline/pc all day

OwlFancier posted:

I had that last night, lost access to random bits of the internet, couldn't get on a bunch of sites but youtube and google still worked. Was beginning to wonder if someone hit an undersea cable or something.

Yeah, it's this exactly. Some sites work completely fine, some not even a tiny bit

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
The new section 28 is coming

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Nuclear Spoon posted:

idk if this is related but last night there was no wifi on the underground either

I was actually in London this weekend and used the underground for the first time. I was a bit shocked that there didn't seem to be any wifi outside of whatever Pret was closer. Also no mobile reception which is standard in all stations in Toronto since like 2015? Made getting around a little bit more difficult because I assumed I'd have some access to my map app. Makes a lot more sense that it was down.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

I could access BBC, Google (+affiliates) and Amazon but not a few other places and then had moment of sleepy paranoia where I wondered if the anti-Net Neutrality brigade had somehow won while I was asleep.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Skull Servant posted:

I was actually in London this weekend and used the underground for the first time. I was a bit shocked that there didn't seem to be any wifi outside of whatever Pret was closer. Also no mobile reception which is standard in all stations in Toronto since like 2015? Made getting around a little bit more difficult because I assumed I'd have some access to my map app. Makes a lot more sense that it was down.

Mobile reception not being a thing in central London when you're underground on the actual train is still true, or at least true for me (and my rather elderly 4G phone).

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

That would explain the horrible lag I've been having in Deep Rock Galactic.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Skull Servant posted:

I was actually in London this weekend and used the underground for the first time. I was a bit shocked that there didn't seem to be any wifi outside of whatever Pret was closer.

Theres something like 95%+ wifi coverage on the underground but its operated by Virgin media, so access to it is limited to their customers and whatever other network providers pay the blood tithes to let their users also access it.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

It was a revelation moving from London to Germany and there being signal on the u-bahn everywhere.

That and how goddamn clean it was.

I'm doing a lot of ethnography analysis at work, looking at the gaming habits and lifestyle of kids across the world. Trying to add socioeconomic status in as a variable and arguing for reduction in prices to make things more avaliable to those less fortunate has people looking at me like I'm insane.

Like. Game economies are mostly lawless, unfettered capitalism and its just soul crushing having idiots in charge turn all the dials to 11 because they want to hit a quarterly target. Then acting all surprised face when the players all gently caress off and don't come back.

I don't really have a point. It's just been a poo poo week at work arguing, winning arguments, then watching them do nothing anyway because lol.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

I switched from Virgin Media to Zen a month ago :smuggo:

and had to have them carefully explain to me where my fibre point was in my house and what it looked like so I could plug my new router in

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Lol that's why my VM is mostly working but can't access SA through the Android app right now?

We had a shooting range under the gym, but this is in the south of NZ where competitive rabbit culling is a moral good.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
The Virgin Broadband

it's virgin on unusable lmao

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Virgin Orbit applied for bankruptcy, doubt it's related but should keep the tinfoil hatters amused for a while. ;)

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
jesus
https://twitter.com/LGBwiththeT/status/1643259093048492037
https://twitter.com/KatyMontgomerie/status/1643281262596046850

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
poo poo country for pricks

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

EHRC continues to be a joke organization for idiots.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Reminder that the EHRC are the thinktank cunts, and not to be confused with the ECHR (as they would like you to).

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1643304995247251456

:toot:

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Free horses for all the commoners!

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Does he actually pay people to write tweets like that, or has he let an AI take over?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Can anyone else hear his nasally voice read out his tweets in your head?

e: Kudos to whoever did this:

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1643286329390669828

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
wugugugugh we wull sayh no to track marks and yes to track andh field uhvents

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

It's me, Keith. I'm here having a drink with, uh, students....?

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

I am just so goddamn tired

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Isomermaid posted:

I am just so goddamn tired

I have no words. x

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

i just dont know how you're supposed to keep going in this absolute hellhole. i started transitioning last august, and the last 3 months it's just gotten worse and worse with each week. I feel like i'm screaming into the void with cis allies and a news cycle that means each indignity, insult, oppressive policy is just laid over by the next one. i'm supposed to just get up and go to work and then log onto the ol social medias (where Elon's been making it so 'trans' is a word that's pushed back in the algorithm) and then try and actually transition happily and live my life and I'm just so loving tired

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

We're all tired OP, and I feel for anyone in this thread who identifies LGBTQ+ as this is such a non-issue for people who it doesn't relate to, yet it's being surprise surprise weaponised for elections and whatnot.

Fuuuuuuuck this country.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

So loving glad I turned down going back to work in Westminster civil service this week. I agonised over it - big, big pay rise but one that is entirely wiped out by rent. That was why I made the decision but, gently caress. If I had taken it, working with MPs who were insisting on that policy - fuckers. I'm just trying to survive as a trans woman in this loving country.

I wish I could just be angry about *this* rather than other stuff as well even the yanks on twitter using this as a reason to laugh about how the UK is terrible just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. There's a glee I'm seeing to it, and like, sure yeah, it's terrible here. But more and more there seems to be an edge of glee in people outside of this country seeing how things are getting, despite the fact - yeah there are people here suffering.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

I transitioned in 20-loving-10 and even through the awkward early years when I was awkward and young and strange looking, it was never a bad as it is now. Never.

Edit: one thing I'm properly futilely holding on to is that this is classicly the kind of thing that the Lords tends to want to block, and it wasn't in the last elected Conservative manifesto so the convention doesntt apply, so..i don't know, I think there is a chance they won't manage to change primary legislation before the election.

Green Wing fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 4, 2023

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
If you're finding post Elon twitter to be a cursed unfriendly place but still want a scrolling fix try mastodon. It's an extremely queer friendly place compared to other social media I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I hope if one good thing comes out of this loving mess it's that we finally get rid of 'sex' on birth certificates.

We don't put other far more biological things like eye color or blood type on there. We don't put other social clades like race or religious community on there (some countries did, bad ones). Its only historical purpose was sending men off to war, banning women voting or inheriting, and stopping same-sex marriage. And infants have harmful unnecessary surgery pushed on them due to it too.

Just scrap it and a whole bunch of this culture war poo poo would flail around like a severed lizard tail.