Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Payndz posted:

Let's join the dots to find the hidden clues.

Hand Face... a puppet.

A puppet you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

The Big Bad is the realization that when this is over I'll have wasted ten hours of my limited, corporeal existence becoming increasingly annoyed by something I can easily and immediately remove from my life.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

A puppet you say?

I wanted to find this image and post it as my guess so thank you for relieving me of that quest.

This motherfucker kept me from wanting to watch TOS. Seeing him in the credits always scared the poo poo out of me as a kid when paired with that theremine music.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

This is a bit of a tangent but I watched the DnD film today and even though that film is literally all over the place (it feels like they change scenery every 3-4 minutes for two and a half hours straight) it is a lot of fun and genuinely good and I think is a really good case study in how just establishing some basic stakes and characterisation results in an engaging story. There are twists and things get revealed over the course of the story, but within a couple of minutes of meeting each character we know what they are about and what they want and they act consistently along those lines for the rest of the film.

It's great and it's the antithesis of everything to do with Picard's attempt at mystery box storytelling.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Apr 4, 2023

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well it stars best Kirk/best Chris

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Alchenar posted:

This is a bit of a tangent but I watched the DnD film today and even though that film is literally all over the place (it feels like they change scenery every 3-4 minutes for two and a half hours straight) it is a lot of fun and genuinely good

I've heard a lot of good things about it already, which came as a surprise to me to be sure.

I've heard people saying it feels like an actual D&D campaign, but with Hollywood polish. If it's as good as Vox Machina turned into, I'll give it a look.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I've heard people saying it feels like an actual D&D campaign, but with Hollywood polish. If it's as good as Vox Machina turned into, I'll give it a look.

It's not as serious as Vox Machina but otherwise I'd say they both have the same sorta feel.
It has what Picard is missing - the people who are doing it like the material and treat it seriously. Which is a blessing.

And hearing hugh grant talk about places I've read about as a kid was pretty amazing

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's also got a ton of Glup Shittos to enjoy. My favorite was Jarnathan.

(Glup Shitto is the term the star wars fanbase came up with for "weird very minor character people grow obsessed with" like Lobot or Pandu Boba)

Star Trek needs more Glup Shittos

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

C'mon, we all know it's going to at least be:

Mirror Universe Empress Hoshi
Mark Twain*
Spot**
Dr. Gillian Taylor***
That unfrozen guy who wanted to check on his stocks

*Mr. Clemens will truly have no shame
**The tabby one
***And a pod of whales

Nice Tuckpointing! fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 4, 2023

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
All of the Alexanders, teaming up Spider-Man style.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

It's Lal, and that's why she didn't show up when Datalore cycled through personalities, she already transferred to another body. But she's also got a bit of Lore's personality and her name is now Lol.
Or it's actual holo-Moriarty.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

skasion posted:

Somehow, Palpatine has returned

As bad as lots of nu-Trek has gotten at least we aren't getting major plot reveals in loving Fortnite.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

It's gonna be the Bride of Chaotica, I can smell it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's going to be the funniest option, which is either a random new evil guy with no connection to Picard for the Enterprise who just wants to do bad things because Evil, or Armus

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Armus would be pretty funny after the Lower Decks prank call.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Crusader posted:

Armus would be pretty funny after the Lower Decks prank call.
Starfleet is destroyed because Mariner called him a sack of crap a decade earlier. Boimler takes all the blame.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Klingon Opera Chef, just because.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Eventually Quark just replaced the bar and all his employees with the standard 10-Forward Terran bar holo-replica. A vengeful Rom now enacts the final phase of his vengeance on Starfleet for their evil invention.

Noone trusts transporters because 'random malfunctions' are how Rom deals with disloyal subordinates.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

No Dignity posted:

It's going to be the funniest option, which is either a random new evil guy with no connection to Picard for the Enterprise who just wants to do bad things because Evil, or Armus

The shows entire purpose seems to be taking ideas and characters we liked and being cruel and lovely to them for no apparant reason, so I absolutely believe they could have Armus as the villain and not notice the irony.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
if Harry Kim can't get a second pip then nobody's getting one

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Flotter became sentient and is out for revenge on his creator for creating him

Why did he make Flotter feel pain!?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Big bad will be God.

God still wants that fuckin’ starship.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

A Dixon Hill gangster

Mirror Wesley

Caveman Riker

The lecture professer who kept speaking in incredibly long unbroken sentences going from topic to topic

The ambassador who pretended to be a crazy woman in order to get Picard to fall in love with him

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gonz posted:

Big bad will be God.

God still wants that fuckin’ starship.

Again, ending the season on Picard fighting God would be cool stupid rather than bad stupid and we're all hoping for bad stupid.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Stolen from the Trump Lolz GBS thread, but behold the second-most embarrassing thing someone named Picard will probably wind up doing this week:

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/1643239973326389248

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

A Mintankin who still thinks Picard is their God

The fish from Picard's old ready room

A Sheliak contract lawyer

The crate that broke Worf's spine

Keiko O'Brien (Pah Wraith optional)

Mylan fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 4, 2023

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

It's resurrected Kirk

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mylan posted:

A Mintankin who still thinks Picard is their God

The fish from Picard's old ready room

A Sheliak contract lawyer

The crate that broke Worf's spine

Keiko O'Brien (Pah Wraith optional)

It wasn't a crate: it was a COWARDLY BARREL

get it right

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

It's Riley. He's still mad he never got to hold that formal dance in the ship's bowling alley.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

TulliusCicero posted:

It wasn't a crate: it was a COWARDLY BARREL

get it right

gently caress well now my family name is dishonored for five generations I guess

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Stranger than Fiction ending in which instant space travel means that the final frontier left is the writer's room

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

galenanorth posted:

Stranger than Fiction ending in which instant space travel means that the final frontier left is the writer's room

The show ending in a fist fight between Picard and the writers and/or Terry Matalas himself would also be a loving amazing ending.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Has anyone suggested Jean Luc/Ethan/Barash, that alien kid from Future Imperfect? Picard dumped him off at the nearest Starbase and he never heard from his buddy Riker again, and now he's mad.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I don't think anyone's said

yet so I'll take that thing.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

It's Crusher's horny candle ghost.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The 2D aliens that make Troi lose her empathic powers!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

It's Minuet

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

oh god, if that clue about the interview person's mother will love it is true, could it be The Outrageous Okona?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can
Why is it called Frontier Day when they can just Warp to anywhere in a single day?

Also, it's obviously Berlinghoff Rasmussen.