Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Are crucible passive mods going to be searchable in the trade website?

Yes in some fashion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Are crucible passive mods going to be searchable in the trade website?

Hopefully yes. It turns out there is LITERALLY ONE GUY who codes the trade website and he has a week to add support so it might be delayed though.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Wuxi posted:

I'm gonna be the biggest hoarder in the world, stockpiling every loving weapon for the weird what-ifs

hell i was already doing this

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Yeah poison SRS was insane in sanctum. I took self chill spark to 91 and it was fun once it got online but my little poison meatballs just murdered everything. Ended up at 96 which was my highest level ever and had a blast. Sidhebreath and a +2 duration gems Mark of the Red Covenant carried me though all the acts in that 4 link and cleared every sanctum along the way.

e - when do they announce the race mtx winners?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

wonder whats in the minion passive trees. With something like poison srs where you can hit dot cap with some pretty good gear, i wonder what else is offered in there.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Arivia posted:

Hopefully yes. It turns out there is LITERALLY ONE GUY who codes the trade website and he has a week to add support so it might be delayed though.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

RAQ posted:

Will the Saboteur's Triggerbots make you pay the mana cost for triggered skills twice?

Yes.

Things that I didn't think about when getting excited about CoC sabo, drat.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

well ill probably fire trap ele into poison srs as a 2nd build, i liked the look of a frostblink ignite character.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Surprised no else seems concerned that crucible is going to end up being yet another layer of crafting RNG to get a base with the right passives or smashing weapons together until you get the build defining rare T1 passive unlocked before you can start using your new weapon, or that there will bound to be a bunch of base-types or unique weapons with awful passives because you want to use them for a physical or elemental or caster role and they'll have the opposite passives, or you find a really good caster wand but you can only find the passive you want on sceptres.

Maybe I'm just being too pessimistic but I feel like there are a lot of ways for things to go wrong or annoying with this system.

At this point if you're still here, it's because you enjoy Path of Exile being a time vampire and want Chris Wilson to sink his time fangs straight into your neck.

And of the various dumb multi-dozen to hundred hours chase poo poo past leagues have introduced at least this one looks like it'll be reasonably easy to get something baseline out of it. Worst case, you can opt for a build that uses unique weapons as BiS or near it, and just keep slamming those bad boys into the forge until you get something good.

I'm not particularly worried about the prices of Divines this league since it seems they at least thought about that w/ the currency nodes and I would hope they would be sane enough to make the rare currency nodes reasonably frequent.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I am going PConc pathfinder that switches to a MF Poison Tornado Shot at lvl 90A. I am prepared to die, but I am also prepared to make a lot of $$$

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

DangerDongs posted:

I am going PConc pathfinder that switches to a MF Poison Tornado Shot at lvl 90A. I am prepared to die, but I am also prepared to make a lot of $$$

Are you eyes wide open on the pconc nerf? I would not start it this league

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TR totems PF looks good. Similar to EAB not not EAB if you’ve done it 5 times

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Yea pconc is a remarkably bad choice for this league. It will also explicitly not benefit from what could possibly be one of the most overpowered league mechanics ever made. Several other better choices for PF

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

it's more than fine to level with - you just run like 3 life flasks and pick up the life flask recharge cluster north of the ranger start, and you don't use lmp anymore.

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Yea pconc is a remarkably bad choice for this league. It will also explicitly not benefit from what could possibly be one of the most overpowered league mechanics ever made. Several other better choices for PF

it is probably the best poison pathfinder build to get to maps with if you are running any tree that can spec out of it at around level 80 for less than 15 points.

I'm planning on starting it, and both snoobae and ruetoo are starting it as well. It is absolutely a "I plan to spec out of this as soon as I can play my real build" situation, but it is still excellent for running acts/starting maps with dogshit gear.

InventorOfTrees fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 4, 2023

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
pconc is gonna eat a ton of your health pot charges which can be solved by just having more on your bar. last season you just needed 2. this season, you probably need 3. and really, no one had 8 projectiles on their pconc build until way late game red maps.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Benson Cunningham posted:

Animate weapon is awful. Do not be tempted and do not play it.

Playing it because obviously this post is a false flag ploy by the streamers to prevent others from realizing how good Vaal Animate Weapon actually is.

:dale::mensch::d2a:

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

You can just use 3 projectiles until maps anyways if flask charges are a problem it doesn't gently caress up your damage that much that it's not usable.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You probably want to use a weapon this league.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Are there any other ways to increase monster elemental resists other than Eye of Malice or Doryani's Prototype?

Map mods will be good of course

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

One (dis?)advantage of starting pconc is you won't be tempted to do the league mechanic until maps

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

pork never goes bad posted:

One (dis?)advantage of starting pconc is you won't be tempted to do the league mechanic until maps

You can crucify shields fyi

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Oh yeah. Less tempted then!!

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Double posting recklessly to ask if we know when we get gem info?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

queeb posted:

wonder whats in the minion passive trees. With something like poison srs where you can hit dot cap with some pretty good gear, i wonder what else is offered in there.

+ 2 light radius per minion

+ 4 thorn damage per 5 minions alive

+ 1% increased [not more] chance to find Krillson when standing on a leyline

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I believe shields will have crucible trees that are more defense oriented

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

euphronius posted:

You probably want to use a weapon this league.

cba to deal with league mechanic/weapon upgrading while leveling - there is endgame to get to!

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
gonna crucible up the most amazing fishing pole ever.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

xZAOx posted:

+ 4 thorn damage per 5 minions alive

if only elentor was still around

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

queeb posted:

Extra regret orbs since Chris wants you to respec into something that's not minions.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Is Ele Hit the pick specifically because it gets its base damage from gem levels? And iirc the new skill is tagged as a “spell” and so will presumably scale most of its base damage from gem levels too. So is your plan to stack gem levels and like generic ele damage/crit? Pretty interesting approach if it works how I think

Put some more thought into this last night and it might actually have legs. All dependent on how Prismatic Burst works, of course, really wish we had the level 20 gem already. If the numbers/mechanics are good, though, I would think you could build out some kind of wander that simultaneously scales the Burst and Ele Hit damage through gem levels + crit while also scaling both with spell damage by using Crown of Eyes. Ascendancy tbd. Deadeye seems obvious for proj stuff, but maybe doesn't scale the Burst enough. The new Sabo or perhaps Trickster could also work, with either option having good picks for Forbidden jewels. Any of those options should have good defenses between Ascendancy, suppression, evasion, and then eventually some form of phys mitigation.

You might even be able to run a true prismatic build this way with the right setup. Could even get EE in the mix on Skin of the Lords if you don't wanna path to it!

Also the new ele mastery that inverts enemy resistance on 25% of hits could play into this and folks on reddit have already mathed out that it's a pretty big damage increase for builds that don't use a resistance-reduction curse.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Minion crucible tree skills will probably be fine? GGG's problem with minions was never them being good at all, but with so much of their power coming from the passive tree, ascendencies, and level 20 skill gems. Stuff on gear that's random will probably be just as good as what others get.

By extension I would not be shocked if the reason there was no changes to minion nodes right now is because they're very wary about giving baseline power back to minions, and if they aren't as strong or stronger than the current passives minion players will bitch. Easier to just leave them as-is pending the incoming rework of Necromancer and Guardian.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

EVIL Gibson posted:

Playing it because obviously this post is a false flag ploy by the streamers to prevent others from realizing how good Vaal Animate Weapon actually is.

:dale::mensch::d2a:

When they originally redid animate weapon I tried to league start it and it was so bad I almost quit the league 4 hours in.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

MMF Freeway posted:

movement on spacebar, thumb on spacebar. simple as

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

When they originally redid animate weapon I tried to league start it and it was so bad I almost quit the league 4 hours in.

What makes it so bad? Will the AI changes in the patch notes potentially have any effect?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

I know someone was talking up AW at the time and boy am I glad I didn't bite on it

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Deki posted:

I know someone was talking up AW at the time and boy am I glad I didn't bite on it

Lol rutibex

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

I thought he was the Hexblast evangelical?

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

InventorOfTrees posted:

What makes it so bad? Will the AI changes in the patch notes potentially have any effect?

It's slow. The dps is terrible. Many other minion skills will clear faster and with better upside.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Deki posted:

He was a fan of many of the worst things (though ironically hexblast mines became very cool and good this league, but will fail to be nearly as good without the Sanctum hat)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Deki posted:

In his long history on the forums Rutibex espoused many terrible and idiotic ideas, and never once was he swayed by criticism. Whether it was not understanding hexblast or preaching animate weapon or insisting chatgpt was more sapient than autistic people he knew, you name it, Rutibex was incessantly and vocally wrong about it.