Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the citizen kane of video games is super mario 64 topic locked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I recently played the last of us 2 and it was a blast.

I love setting the trip mines lmao

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

lmfao

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Screaming internally at this but also lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nuns with Guns posted:

I don't even feel like it was overly-pedantic. He just had a severe disdain for "corporate art" and yeah most major video games are deeply, cynically corporate works. If he was still around today he would've dumped on the MCU and triggered a similar nerd rage meltdown as Martin Scorsese.

Roger Ebert wasn't some iconoclast either, he just liked what he liked and was generally pretty good at saying why.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

Roger Ebert wasn't some iconoclast either, he just liked what he liked and was generally pretty good at saying why.

And what he liked was huge bomb rear end titties

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
relatable

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Sometimes mods will offer (or posters will ask for) picture probes. Like, my latest three entries are a Heathcliff comic, a cat I befriended and a nazi getting punched, because those are cool pictures I like. It's just a cute thing for mods/threads to do sometimes.

Sometimes one sizes up a unknown poster by checking their rap sheet. So it’s funny to have a cursed picture like a twerking Thanos statue whose jock strap is attached by a bolt up the statue’s anus.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

rose-a-bud

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

And what he liked was huge bomb rear end titties

the only relatable media critic

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Lmao

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

So after about a year break, I came back to following this thread (well, the last one) just recently to catch the details about SPR's saga.

Now that I'm finally caught up: what's with the sleepy Jeff jokes? Clearly I missed something during my hiatus.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

i just watched a classic movie or read an engl lit 101 book, and get this: one of its themes relates to a video game

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

JacquelineDempsey posted:

So after about a year break, I came back to following this thread (well, the last one) just recently to catch the details about SPR's saga.

Now that I'm finally caught up: what's with the sleepy Jeff jokes? Clearly I missed something during my hiatus.

Jeff posted a few times in the SAD thread about the sagas thread then completely disappeared for over a week. So people started making jokes about how he needed his naps.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

JacquelineDempsey posted:

During the initial opening of SAD, before it got IKs, the idea was that threads would only be open while an admin was around to keep an eye on them. So a lot of threads had posts from Jeff like "in going to bed now, so closing this"

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The forums Goldbelly fund was replaced with a Nyquil funf and we're all very worried about Jeff

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
roger ebert gave ff: the spirits within three and a half stars

which, to be fair, I got probably three stars worth of enjoyment out of watching it with buddies and loling at the screen

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Leraika posted:

roger ebert gave ff: the spirits within three and a half stars

which, to be fair, I got probably three stars worth of enjoyment out of watching it with buddies and loling at the screen

When that came out my little dumb rear end didn't realize it was a standalone story and spent the first third of the movie wondering when the gently caress Cloud and Barrett were gonna show up

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

sweet geek swag posted:

Jeff posted a few times in the SAD thread about the sagas thread then completely disappeared for over a week. So people started making jokes about how he needed his naps.

He would come in, sometimes make an effort post, say hes going to bed, and then disappear for days/weeks. This turned into Sleepy Jeff jokes, Jeff is hibernating jokes, et cetera.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

lmao

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Jeffery sleep jokes are the best

https://youtu.be/UNWMmfl2WmQ

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

This was my favorite I lost the original post link

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
sbf only gets so much internet time before the feds yoink the phone

was it the sagas sad thread or the chat thread i forgot?

sagas
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4026084

sad feedback
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4025178

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 4, 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thinking about all the people who called the last of us 2 the citizen kane of video games and loling

the first game i can remember that had a big moment where a critic called it the "citizen kane of games" was Metroid Prime and that's a much better choice than The Last of Us 2

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the first game i can remember that had a big moment where a critic called it the "citizen kane of games" was Metroid Prime and that's a much better choice than The Last of Us 2

https://www.ign.com/articles/2009/10/08/citizen-prime-is-metroid-prime-our-citizen-kane

Lol IGN ftw

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
bioshock infinite’s the most notorious one that got the Kane comparison, I didn’t see it much for the last of us

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Metroid Prime is the Citizen Kane of games because it is one of the best games ever

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Citizen of Kane: Soul Reaver

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

bioshock infinite’s the most notorious one that got the Kane comparison, I didn’t see it much for the last of us

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
"non linear fashion" for one of the most linear games of that generation

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

He's talking about the game having flashbacks.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Indiana Jones: *Straining against henchmen as he tries to stop the bad guy from placing a Bioshock Infinite disc into a 360* "It belongs in a museum!"

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

I recently played the last of us 2 and it was a blast.

I love setting the trip mines lmao

yeah it's fun, they really improved on the first game a lot. hiding in the grass was excellent, I wish the first game had had that.

good christ that placenta thing. I... I already knew people do that sometimes... But still, ick. I prefer when people just plant trees over their placentas, I think that's so much nicer a thought. The dumbest thing I do is sometimes I read these forums while I'm eating breakfast lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Here is something that loops Roger Ebert, Bioshock Infinite Is the Greatest Art, and a SA Legend all up into one neat little ball:

https://twitter.com/retronauts/status/1643247253543596033